Can Thistle win a crunch game at last?

It must be fucking brutal if you have a season ticket and still don't go. FWIW I would have been happier with McCall than Jism and you guys could have had a fresh start, but, I suppose your directors fucked that one up as well, with their greed.

The directors fucked up even before holding hefty compensation demands for McCall to go to Dens by giving him a lucrative, long-term contract which renders him unsackable instead of some sort of 12-month rolling deal.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The directors fucked up even before holding hefty compensation demands for McCall to go to Dens by giving him a lucrative, long-term contract which renders him unsackable instead of some sort of 12-month rolling deal.

Any idea how much compensation would be due if we sacked McCall?

If a fund was started to sack the fecker, I would stick a few quid in and I am sure punters from ours and other clubs would join me just to get rid of him!

If a fund was started to sack the fecker, I would stick a few quid in and I am sure punters from ours and other clubs would join me just to get rid of him!

I can see your desperation, but if I was you I wouldn't give the fucker a penny of my hard earned

Reading the comments from Thistle fans on here post match and they sound exactly like myself in the final few weeks of Brewsters reign at ICT in 2008/2009. Luckily we were able to punt him although it didn't save us in the end as we wnet down under Butcher but it certainly instilled some life into the team as we were dead and buried under CB.

If Thistle could chuck McCall or he just walked who would come in?

There's still 1 year 8 months or thereabouts on his contract. What he earns per year and how that impacts the cost to pay him off is anyone's guess.

Was in the pub with my scarf and my season ticket around 12.30pm. There was only 5 of us there which is lower then normal, of that 5 only 2 went to the game.

The club have my money, I can't be fucked anymore.

Why would I leave the pub where I was enjoying a drink, a laugh and the football on the telly to go to Firhill and watch shite football played by a bunch of cretins who don't try who are commanded by the most useless twat on the planet? Not forgetting there is no atmosphere and actual matchday experience is rubbish.

I figured sitting in the pub would be a better way to spend the afternoon. It was.

I feel your pain. Sounds a lot like the Kenny Black situation at Airdrie last year. Is McCall friendly with Levein? - might be a job there for him ;0)

Although it was hard to take when we lost the play off v Brechin in the manner in which we did last year on reflection relegation was probably long overdue and has given the club a chance to regroup and try something different. The change to part time has given the youngsters a chance and it's been like a breath of fresh air watching the enthusiasm these kids have for the game.

Yes sure they're naive at times and make mistakes but the effort they put in from first to last puts some of the journeyman established pros that were in our 'team' last year (most of them with perhaps 2 or 3 exceptions) to shame.

I can honestly say I haven't looked forward to going to games as much as this for quite a number of seasons now especially when Mr Negative Black was manager. One of our under 17's from last year was invited down to train with Liverpool last week and on the evidence of the season so far at 16 looks a real prospect once he becomes more 'streetwise' against more experienced opponents. In addition there are at least 5 or 6 of last year's under 19's signed up for this season who either get a regular start or come on from the bench.

You might not 'win trophies with kids' but they can make the whole footballing experience so much more enjoyable with their effort, no little skill and more than anything else showing that they really care whether they win or lose.

However the key to all this was getting shot of Black to the Scotland set up as he still had 2 years of his contract to run - still can't really believe he's there and can only hope he's not involved tactically with the national team or we're well and truly fecked. :o

Was in the pub with my scarf and my season ticket around 12.30pm. There was only 5 of us there which is lower then normal, of that 5 only 2 went to the game.

The club have my money, I can't be fucked anymore.

Why would I leave the pub where I was enjoying a drink, a laugh and the football on the telly to go to Firhill and watch shite football played by a bunch of cretins who don't try who are commanded by the most useless twat on the planet? Not forgetting there is no atmosphere and actual matchday experience is rubbish.

I figured sitting in the pub would be a better way to spend the afternoon. It was.

Similar. Was ready to go by 1, then thought sod that, will go golfing instead with a mate then out on town in evening. Was much more enjoyable and only soured by the (anticipated) "oh f**k we lost again in traditional pathetic shite fashion with mccall being as clueless as ever" when i heard the score and brief rundown on the match from a mate who was stupid enough to go.

It must be fucking brutal if you have a season ticket and still don't go. FWIW I would have been happier with McCall than Jism and you guys could have had a fresh start, but, I suppose your directors fucked that one up as well, with their greed.

It's so bad, i'd gladly take Melville and risk him doing better than the arses we have in the boardroom. But i draw the line at swapping mcdud for jism. you can have both. i'd rather have jocky instead of either of these buffoons.

It was all part of their grand kill thistle and lets make lots of money plan.

There's still 1 year 8 months or thereabouts on his contract. What he earns per year and how that impacts the cost to pay him off is anyone's guess.

When Dundee wanted him, it was £200k. That equates to £90k a year or thereabouts as he had 2 years 2 months on his contract to run. So right now he's an absolute Baaaaaaargain at only £150k.

Anybody?

:unsure:

Please?

It's fucking horrible being a Thistle supporter these days.

I think McCall should walk before his rep as a manager really dives. I was wanting it to work for McCall but have grown tired of his bullshit tatics and post match comments on the website, which on this forum just as he joined Thistle were pointed out by a Queens fan that he shows utter contempt for fans. I'm in Florida and the score on Saturday ruined what was up unto that point a good day but as the other half says was I expecting anything else as we've been shite for months. Who could we get in though?

Do Thistle only try v Falkirk? You seemed a little unlucky v us but according to Thistle fans on here every week your pash

No they try against everyone, thats the worrying thing for them. I thought it wasnt lack of effort on saturday from thistle but lack of belief and defo lack of ability. If cowdenbeath and us beat you you must wonder where your next point will come from?

I think we gave you too much respect in the 1st half and the best thing that could have happend was lose the 1st goal, then we had to attack, and only then did we find out how fragile your back 4 was and how easily your bottle crashed. I reckon at forthbank in october we attack from the start.

• 5 years later...

Archived