Out of the mouth of babes...

kiwififer

Watching the Scotland game with missus last night. She asked "why are they all wearing such terrible shoes?". Had to agree. Some garish monstrosities on show. 

Folk that refer to them as “football shoes” are FTW. Anyway, I’d bet you were delighted with various shades on display, ideas for your spring/summer range.

2 hours ago, NJ2 said:

Folk that refer to them as “football shoes” are FTW. Anyway, I’d bet you were delighted with various shades on display, ideas for your spring/summer range.

My daughter referred to her fitba boots as "cleats" the other day.

I can top that. Sitting having a discussion about countries and she was adamant that turkey was close to africa. So we get the bairns atlas out to show her it’s closer to the middle east.

Then she sees egypt on the map, and says “egypts not in africa” this is despite having a map infront on her, it written in black and white and having being published in all the atlases ever, Yet she wasn’t having it.

Does she beleive the worlds flat?

19 hours ago, Shandon Par said:

Watching the Scotland game with missus last night. She asked "why are they all wearing such terrible shoes?". Had to agree. Some garish monstrosities on show. 

I get that one. I've also had reference to football outfits and uniforms.

2 hours ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

I get that one. I've also had reference to football outfits and uniforms.

We had the sound off and I’d say her commentary was better than listening to the usual bbc twats with their hair transplants and shite knitwear. Should be a BBC Red Button option to listen to her.

Probably nothing for a wee while. Sitting just now and she's looking at her phone. She then gasps and gives it "oh for f**k sake, that's ashame, oh no" (words to that effect). Being the caring guy I am I asked what was wrong. Turns out a lassie she knows (not a close friend, just someone her sister used to pal about with) mum died.

Me: Oh. I take it it was a sudden death then?

Her: She's been not well for about 3 years now.

Me: (Confused at her reaction given she knew the woman wasn't well) Aw. Well it's not that big of surprise then surely, if she's not been well?

Her: Aye she wasn't well but she wasn't at the stage of dying!!

My response of "Well clearly she fucking was!" hasn't gone down too well.

1 hour ago, 19QOS19 said:

Probably nothing for a wee while. Sitting just now and she's looking at her phone. She then gasps and gives it "oh for f**k sake, that's ashame, oh no" (words to that effect). Being the caring guy I am I asked what was wrong. Turns out a lassie she knows (not a close friend, just someone her sister used to pal about with) mum died.

Me: Oh. I take it it was a sudden death then?

Her: She's been not well for about 3 years now.

Me: (Confused at her reaction given she knew the woman wasn't well) Aw. Well it's not that big of surprise then surely, if she's not been well?

Her: Aye she wasn't well but she wasn't at the stage of dying!!

My response of "Well clearly she fucking was!" hasn't gone down too well.

Stick her in a cave and give it three days, seems to do the trick for reviving folk this time of year

If you feel a better solution would be to stick the other half in a cave and leave her there  it would be understandable.

Guest bernardblack

Came in from fives earlier and said I had a bit of a sore arm as someone must have clattered into me.

"In the car???" she asks

Aye, that's how I would go about telling you I was in a car crash

We've been away in Aviemore for a few days with some friends, with me driving up with the Mrs, her pal and her 6 year old lass. The wee lass was mostly playing on the iPad in the back, occasionally moaning about the long drive, when she suddenly blurted out "mummy, would you rather go skydiving without a parachute or sleep with a farmer?" 

Kids' minds work in hilarious ways.

We've been away in Aviemore for a few days with some friends, with me driving up with the Mrs, her pal and her 6 year old lass. The wee lass was mostly playing on the iPad in the back, occasionally moaning about the long drive, when she suddenly blurted out "mummy, would you rather go skydiving without a parachute or sleep with a farmer?" 
Kids' minds work in hilarious ways.

Do you live in the countryside because I reckon she's let something accidentally slip here.