Out of the mouth of babes...

kiwififer

20 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

Is she 4 years old? Honestly fail to see how anyone Scottish can't know that.

I'm frequently staggered how thick some people are regarding geography, I think their brains aren't wired up for knowing what's over the horizon.

i was sent to aldi for bread on my way home last night because tesco had run out.  i only managed to get wraps.  i put them in the cupboard beside 2 full loaves of bread. 

in response to querying why i had to go for bread, i was told "because the shops have run out"

10 minutes ago, coprolite said:

i was sent to aldi for bread on my way home last night because tesco had run out.  i only managed to get wraps.  i put them in the cupboard beside 2 full loaves of bread. 

in response to querying why i had to go for bread, i was told "because the shops have run out"

I hope you are still swinging those punches

My wife has a couple of wheaten loaves cooking in the oven, one on each shelf. I asked her how long they would take to cook, as I want to put the pizza on for tea shortly.

Her reply "I'm swapping them round in a minute." That's fine, but it's not what I asked!

ETA: She'd three of them on - takes an hour.

ETFA: Very nice, better than the stuff you buy in the shops.

Edited by Jacksgranda

A serious contender for the most boring place in Scotland imo. Apart from when the fish and chip van comes in, but I might be getting mixed up with Nethy Bridge, another contender.

You've never been to Cromdale, then?

5 hours ago, welshbairn said:

I'm frequently staggered how thick some people are regarding geography, I think their brains aren't wired up for knowing what's over the horizon.

Lassie at my work reckons she couldn't point to Britain on a map of the world. 

2 minutes ago, whiskychimp said:

Lassie at my work reckons she couldn't point to Britain on a map of the world. 

There's a fairly major bit of abstraction to transfer the world as we see it to a drawing on a sheet of paper. I grew up staring at globes and map books and dreaming of adventures. If it doesn't click young maybe it never does.

Sitting in Edinburgh airport right now, she asks “is Edinburgh an international airport?”
We’re flying to Poland in an hour and in the last 6 months have flown to Abu Dhabi from Edinburgh.

She has 2 degrees.

Sitting in Edinburgh airport right now, she asks “is Edinburgh an international airport?”
We’re flying to Poland in an hour and in the last 6 months have flown to Abu Dhabi from Edinburgh.

She has 2 degrees.
Give her a 3rd degree, Chinese burn.

We were watching the new series of Benidorm last week, it's easy watching and fairly enjoyable.

Tony Hadley had a cameo as a wedding singer and repeatedly sang Spandau Ballet classics. Characters were referring to him by name and everything. I'd even spoke about how he was a good sport for his wee role. I think it was the third Spandau Ballet song in and he's singing Gold from a boat when she finally asks "Is the joke that this singer can only do Spandau Ballet songs or something?"

7 hours ago, MONKMAN said:

She has 2 degrees.

This requires more questions of her. Like what she thinks that means etc.

My mum and sister went on a girly holiday together last year somewhere in Scotland and saw some fairly uninteresting wildlife, including one creature which Mum reckoned was a deer while Sis was convinced it was a hare. Neither of them would back down and both swore up and down they had it right.

How can you mix those two up?

1 minute ago, nsr said:

My mum and sister went on a girly holiday together last year somewhere in Scotland and saw some fairly uninteresting wildlife, including one creature which Mum reckoned was a deer while Sis was convinced it was a hare. Neither of them would back down and both swore up and down they had it right.

And how would you know whose pie to kick?

Was the sister standing much further away?