Out of the mouth of babes...

kiwififer

On the subject of Dumfries takeaways, I always thought the pizzas from Benvenuto were superb, usually went there on a Saturday night if I was visiting my grandmother. They'd occasionally have an Italian channel on (RAI maybe) showing Serie A highlights.
Anyway while waiting on my lunch yesterday the news on TV there was a story about first nations people protesting over a land dispute. A delightful older white woman (not a babe) remarked to her friend "If they don't like it they should go back to where they came from"
Send the buggers back!

Eventually git round to watching Saunders v Lemieux, which wad in Montreal.

She asked if Lemieux was French, because it sounded like that's what his corner were speaking.

I said I thought he was Canadian.

her:"why they speaking french then"

me:"french canadian"

her:"is canada french?"

me:"they mostly speak English but Quebec is a majority French speaking province"

her:"so canada speaks french?"

me:"and english and probably a few native languages too"

her:"so you're telling me if i went to the french alps they'd speak Canadian?"

me:"eh? wha...? ....fucking hell! bwahhahah etc."

My other half seems to think that everything happens in a straight line either vertically or horizontally.

Her sister lives in Dundee and they were going to Newcastle. Her sister drove from Dundee to Kilmarnock and then with her to Newcastle. When I suggested meeting her in Newcastle as it would be quicker for them she said “Dundee is further up than we are”. I explained the whole west/east thing to her but she never understood even though I used google maps to confirm my point.

We are on holiday for new year and the resort is quite circular in shape. Behind the reception/bar you can head out to the driving range. However if you go from our villa you can cut across to the driving range too and avoid going to the bar. I showed her this today and it blew her tiny mind and then caused a small argument as she accused me of making her “be thick”.

Had Jools Holland on tv on in the background earlier. Soul II Soul were playing. Wife points at singer and says "isn't she dead?". I was not in a position to answer but she continued "so who is that singing?". Made my head hurt trying to work that all out.

• 2 weeks later...

Was watching the Metallica ‘Some Kind of Monster’ and Kirk Hammett was on the screen. The wife came in, looked at the screen, stopped dead in her tracks and cried ‘what has happened to Tiger Woods!!’

• 2 weeks later...

In the cinema earlier. A trailer comes on for I, Tonya. A biopic (looks very funny) about Tonya Harding. Redneck, foul-mouthed trailer trash (according to the trailer) ice skater who paid to get  rival's legs broken. The trailer is all about Tonya Harding, her name is mentioned  many times and ends with the name of the film again (I, Tonya). Even if you knew nothing about her or her story or had never even heard the name you'd have a pretty good idea by the end of the trailer. At the end, missus leans over and asks "Who is Tonya?". 

I told the Mrs ages ago that Jeremy Corbyn was Jeremy Beadle, and he’d decided on a name change so people took him seriously on his new chosen career path.

She’s still going about completely under the impression that the leader of the opposition in this country used to offer £250 a pop to folk sending in videos of their dugs doing acrobatics.

On 01/01/2018 at 13:59, Shandon Par said:

Had Jools Holland on tv on in the background earlier. Soul II Soul were playing. Wife points at singer and says "isn't she dead?". I was not in a position to answer but she continued "so who is that singing?". Made my head hurt trying to work that all out.

That's Jazzie B.