E-Chat Quick Question Thread

forehead7

Just now, Zen Archer said:

HTH

Reveal hidden contents

th?&id=OIP.M0b3bb6d519772c6d092b47ef8c5d4bbbo0&w=300&h=180&c=0&pid=1.9&rs=0&p=0&r=0

:lol: It would certainly save a lot of grief. I've been fannying about with this phone most of the day trying to fix the ad problem.  For some reason my contacts reappeared when I turned on my internet data.

[emoji38]It would certainly save a lot of grief. I've been fannying about with this phone most of the day trying to fix the ad problem.  For some reason my contacts reappeared when I turned on my internet data.

You'll have them synced up with your Google account. If you go into contacts, you'll be able to see if this is the case.

7 hours ago, Kennboy1978 said:

You'll have them synced up with your Google account. If you go into contacts, you'll be able to see if this is the case.

They probably are but I can't see where they would be in my account. I've got them back now anyway. :) Cheers!

Having a bit of a nightmare trying to activate my new SIM card. 

I ordered one through my Vodafone account, but when I put it in the phone it's not picking up a signal because it's not activated. The activation process involves getting a text message sent through which I obviously can't receive because there's no signal! They then told me to send a form away with the serial numbers of the old sim card as well as the new one. However some twat in the Buchanan Galleries Vodafone store didn't put the old sim card back in the phone when he was looking at which is why I needed to order a new one in the first place. Is there any other way I can do it? 

Not had a phone for the past 6 weeks despite continuing to pay them £45 a month and they've been absolutely hopeless. 

3 hours ago, ScottR96 said:

Having a bit of a nightmare trying to activate my new SIM card. 

I ordered one through my Vodafone account, but when I put it in the phone it's not picking up a signal because it's not activated. The activation process involves getting a text message sent through which I obviously can't receive because there's no signal! They then told me to send a form away with the serial numbers of the old sim card as well as the new one. However some twat in the Buchanan Galleries Vodafone store didn't put the old sim card back in the phone when he was looking at which is why I needed to order a new one in the first place. Is there any other way I can do it? 

Not had a phone for the past 6 weeks despite continuing to pay them £45 a month and they've been absolutely hopeless. 

go straight into said vodaphone store and refuse to leave until they get onto their own fucking call centres and fix this for you, if the vodaphone store worker binned your sim cad by accident then they should sort this for you and you should be given a refund for the weeks without a phone

go straight into said vodaphone store and refuse to leave until they get onto their own fucking call centres and fix this for you, if the vodaphone store worker binned your sim cad by accident then they should sort this for you and you should be given a refund for the weeks without a phone

Exactly. They have had one of the very worst reputations of all British companies for customer service in recent years. I wouldn't touch them with a bargepole.

21 minutes ago, Hibeesbounce75 said:

Anyone know where you can get a replacement/ new virgin media Vbox remote?

Ebay is your friend. http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p2050601.m570.l1313.TR0.TRC0.H0.TRS0&_nkw=+new+virgin+media+Vbox+remote&_sacat=0

• 3 weeks later...

I don't use my land line as everyone I know gets in touch via mobile, so I only use it to screen calls from sales arseholes so here's the question.

I routinely get calls from this number 08001 691608 when I do my internet is disrupted, a quick check of the web suggests that it's BT (whom I'm with), is it likely that some arse in a call centre can f**k with my connection because I don't pick up the phone?

On 11/15/2016 at 18:56, Zen Archer said:

I don't use my land line as everyone I know gets in touch via mobile, so I only use it to screen calls from sales arseholes so here's the question.

I routinely get calls from this number 08001 691608 when I do my internet is disrupted, a quick check of the web suggests that it's BT (whom I'm with), is it likely that some arse in a call centre can f**k with my connection because I don't pick up the phone?

No

On ‎15‎/‎11‎/‎2016 at 18:56, Zen Archer said:

Why don't you answer it next time and ask them?