E-Chat Quick Question Thread

forehead7

On 06/08/2017 at 22:26, 54_and_counting said:

anyone know r have a decent guess as to why firefox and chrome wont load twitter videos, it just says media could not be played, they work fine while checking them on my phone

it happens both in actual twitter and when tweets are embedded int forum posts

Have you checked your installed programs in windows? is your Direct-X up to date and also Flash player? Also there might be conflicts in your browser add ons causing the fault.

Lastly do update your GFX drivers as well to the latest version. I have seen this being a problem because they haven't been updated in ages.

Edited by hellbhoy

28 minutes ago, hellbhoy said:

Have you checked your installed programs in windows? is your Direct-X up to date and also Flash player? Also there might be conflicts in your browser add ons causing the fault.

Lastly do update your GFX drivers as well to the latest version. I have seen this being a problem because they haven't been updated in ages.

i assume they areall fine and up to date given i can watch practically everything else like youtube, netflix etc, just that twitter vids never work

1 hour ago, 54_and_counting said:

i assume they areall fine and up to date given i can watch practically everything else like youtube, netflix etc, just that twitter vids never work

I have used Firefox for over a decade and have just about never had a problem with it other than having to update the plug-ins and particular installed windows programs.

Try using this 54.

https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/questions/1044650

It's a mozilla support page and may help. :)

1 minute ago, hellbhoy said:

I have used Firefox for over a decade and have just about never had a problem with it other than having to update the plug-ins and particular installed windows programs.

Try using this 54.

https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/questions/1044650

It's a mozilla support page and may help. :)

its not just firefox mate, i tried it on chrome as well and no worky, something clearly on my system, i am running an old codger pc with vista on it so its probably old age :lol:

50 minutes ago, 54_and_counting said:

its not just firefox mate, i tried it on chrome as well and no worky, something clearly on my system, i am running an old codger pc with vista on it so its probably old age :lol:

You have a browser problem that is blocking the content being played via both browsers. The link I posted should actually help you unblock the content.

I don't know if you have un-installed the browsers and then re-installed them to help? but it's definitely coming from your browser.

Hold down the Shift key and click the Reload button with a left click.

48 minutes ago, hellbhoy said:

You have a browser problem that is blocking the content being played via both browsers. The link I posted should actually help you unblock the content.

I don't know if you have un-installed the browsers and then re-installed them to help? but it's definitely coming from your browser.

I recently did a factory reset on the pc, problem happened before and after it, f**k it if anythings worth watching I'll use my phone lol

My phone appears to be coming apart  and I have no insurance (can upgrade in April) how fucked am I? :lol:

Samsung S7 Edge, all along one side where the volume keys are and its also now started to head round the bottom left corner.  

Possibly battery swelling. 

16 hours ago, stimpy said:

10e0aee379d2147751a82333e991b791.jpg

I don't know what you call that wee box but it pops up all the time on my laptop, I've run malwarebytes and spybot to no avail. Anyone have any ideas?
Windows 10 btw.

Sticky button? Have you dropped any liquids on the keyboard area? If you have then the liquid might have congealed and the right mouse button might be making contact often after use causing your symptoms.

Also have a look at this video from YouTube just incase you have accidentally activated stick key mode, if you have then disable it using the video clip from YouTube.

Anyone ever had a problem where their iPhone thinks headphones are connected even though they aren't? Mine has started doing that, almost certainly because I was running in the rain this morning. So far tried:

• Turning it off and on (obviously)
  • Putting different headphones in and out
  • Turning speaker off and on while making a call
  • Hooking it up to Bluetooth and plugging it into my car
  • Playing about with a couple of options in the accessibility settings
  • Turning airplane mode off and on
  • Blowing compressed air into the headphone socket

Any other suggestions welcome. Going to try rubbing a cotton bud around it later and if that doesn't work I'll put it in a bag of rice overnight in the hope it dries out.

1 hour ago, Stu said:

Anyone ever had a problem where their iPhone thinks headphones are connected even though they aren't? Mine has started doing that, almost certainly because I was running in the rain this morning. So far tried:

• Turning it off and on (obviously)
  • Putting different headphones in and out
  • Turning speaker off and on while making a call
  • Hooking it up to Bluetooth and plugging it into my car
  • Playing about with a couple of options in the accessibility settings
  • Turning airplane mode off and on
  • Blowing compressed air into the headphone socket

Any other suggestions welcome. Going to try rubbing a cotton bud around it later and if that doesn't work I'll put it in a bag of rice overnight in the hope it dries out.

Maybe you should sell it. Hows the volume control?

• 3 weeks later...

Screenshot_20170910-185315.thumb.jpg.9605b786beeb6c27a56d0a50e29db9e9.jpg

I need this website to die.  I'm redirected there all the time, any decent adware killing apps?  Malwarebytes finding f**k all. 

Android phone btw

Edited by itzdrk

2 minutes ago, itzdrk said:

Screenshot_20170910-185315.thumb.jpg.9605b786beeb6c27a56d0a50e29db9e9.jpg

I need this website to die.  I'm redirected there all the time, any decent adware killing apps?  Malwarebytes finding f**k all. 

Android phone btw

Straight away after posting.  

Screenshot_20170910-190941.png

34 minutes ago, Kennboy1978 said:

Thank you.  I'll go for the nuclear option once all my photos are updated.  I tried the rest of the steps already.