E-Chat Quick Question Thread

forehead7

I was looking to play my xbox through my laptop using an xbox vga cable, but I wanted to be sure my laptop can accept vga in, and not just support vga out. (I think thats all that's req'd for it to work!?)

I'm using a Sony Vaio VGN-NR32L (PCG-7134M) notebook , is there anyway I can check if it would accept vga input? I've tried the online user manual, but it only shows instructions for linking the notebook up to a monitor etc (this may be answering my question!)

thanks in advance

I was looking to play my xbox through my laptop using an xbox vga cable, but I wanted to be sure my laptop can accept vga in, and not just support vga out. (I think thats all that's req'd for it to work!?)

I'm using a Sony Vaio VGN-NR32L (PCG-7134M) notebook , is there anyway I can check if it would accept vga input? I've tried the online user manual, but it only shows instructions for linking the notebook up to a monitor etc (this may be answering my question!)

thanks in advance

It almost certainly doesnt. If it only has one VGA port then it will be an outy.

What you can get are USB devices that have various video ports on them - they're marketed and mainly used for video capture. Theyre not that expensive and might be worth a shot, but to be honest, Ive no idea whether or not they would work well enough to play games with.

If youre using VGA you'll need to do something else to get sound too

It almost certainly doesnt. If it only has one VGA port then it will be an outy.

What you can get are USB devices that have various video ports on them - they're marketed and mainly used for video capture. Theyre not that expensive and might be worth a shot, but to be honest, Ive no idea whether or not they would work well enough to play games with.

If youre using VGA you'll need to do something else to get sound too

Cheers for the quick reply, I thought that might be the case.

While looking at other sites I seen a few ppl mention the USB video capture devices, but most were saying they were not the best quality for playing games.

I'll have another look into them and see if it looks like a decent option.

Right so I haven't used itunes for a while and decided to plug in my ipod and add some new songs, problem being, all of my original songs and apps that were saved on itunes have gone, no trace of them, I've tried just about everything, is there something I can do to get all of my music and apps from the ipod back onto itunes??

Right so I haven't used itunes for a while and decided to plug in my ipod and add some new songs, problem being, all of my original songs and apps that were saved on itunes have gone, no trace of them, I've tried just about everything, is there something I can do to get all of my music and apps from the ipod back onto itunes??

I'd search it into google, "music from ipod to computer".

There's also a program called Senuti that does it, but I seem to remember it being Mac only when I looked for it.

I have a cracking program on my home PC that'll do this. Unfortunately I can't remember what it's called.

I'll get back to you later.

My wife has just got a new iPhone4, she is trying to transfer her old photos etc. from her old samsung to this iphone via bluetooth, she can connect to it from the samsung but the iphone isnt picking up her bluetooth on the samsung, it is set to visible to other devices as well. Any help?

My wife has just got a new iPhone4, she is trying to transfer her old photos etc. from her old samsung to this iphone via bluetooth, she can connect to it from the samsung but the iphone isnt picking up her bluetooth on the samsung, it is set to visible to other devices as well. Any help?

To be honest, I've found that Bluetooth file transfer on smartphones (well, Blackberry, HTC and iPhone in my experience) are all absolutely shite.

Link the Sumsung via USB cable to the PC, transfer the pictures to the PC and then sync them with the iPhone (wait, can iPhones do that?)

or.......Can iPhones download email attachments? She could just email all the pictures from the PC, might take longer though....

Good luck with the Bluetooth

Having problems trying to restore an ipod touch 16GB. I keep getting an error 6 prompt when I try and restore it,I have tried un installing itunes,have read most of what has been posted on the website,but nothing is working.

Any help would be great,thanks.

To be honest, I've found that Bluetooth file transfer on smartphones (well, Blackberry, HTC and iPhone in my experience) are all absolutely shite.

Link the Sumsung via USB cable to the PC, transfer the pictures to the PC and then sync them with the iPhone (wait, can iPhones do that?)

or.......Can iPhones download email attachments? She could just email all the pictures from the PC, might take longer though....

Good luck with the Bluetooth

Yeah was hoping I wouldnt have to go through the pc route but it looks as if its the only way.

Thanks mate.

Having problems trying to restore an ipod touch 16GB. I keep getting an error 6 prompt when I try and restore it,I have tried un installing itunes,have read most of what has been posted on the website,but nothing is working.

Any help would be great,thanks.

What kind of restore are you doing?

Holding the home button and the on/off button down together for 10 secs will completely reset your ipod.

Doing so three times (i think) will completely wipe it.

What kind of restore are you doing?

Holding the home button and the on/off button down together for 10 secs will completely reset your ipod.

Doing so three times (i think) will completely wipe it.

I have it connected to the PC and itunes,that sort of restore,I am finding a little hard to push the home button. :ph34r:

Is there any way to change the default browsing font on Chrome? It's the only problem I have with it.

Click on the Spanner icon

Click 'Options'

At the side Click 'Under The Hood'

Next to Web Content" is a button that says "Customize Fonts"

Change your Standard Font or any other font to whatever you want.

Done.

Can you convert to xml from Acrobat? :unsure:

Yeah but it's not working...

What's it is, is I have a PDF which has an isometric drawing on it and a data table.

However, the data table seems to be embedded as a picture because it's not picking up any of the data as text.

I've tried exporting it in HTML, TXT, RTF, XML so far and it's not picking it up.

I think i'm f*cked on this one....