E-Chat Quick Question Thread

forehead7

Cheers guys! With the sky box I got the cables i got were the power lead and a HDMI lead. When I get someone to come a fit it, would I need to buy any other cables or would they be likely to supply them?

Is it a sky engineer that is fitting it or independent engineer?

Was going to use an independent engineer as I thought it might be cheaper?

Anyone had any Asus Google Nexus 7 problems?

My 32gb model refuses to turn on since last night, there's faint goings on in the background if i stick the charger in, like little white specks dashing around, if you really squint at it but no other sign of life. 4 month old ffs!

Used to use DVD shrink. Might be worth a look.

i use convertX mate and it seems to do everything

Cheers guys. After fannying about I downloaded something called DVDStyler which you can use to make menus and shit, then make it into an ISO, then I use a program called ImgBurn to burn the disc. Probably not the best way, but its seems to be working and only takes 10 - 15 mins all in.

Quick question, probably easily answered.

I got a new SD card with my S4 last week - all the music/photos that I want to put onto the card, are currently on my laptop. Am I right in saying that I need to format the card before I use it for the first time, and if so, should I format it whilst it's in the phone or plugged into the laptop?

Quick question, probably easily answered.

I got a new SD card with my S4 last week - all the music/photos that I want to put onto the card, are currently on my laptop. Am I right in saying that I need to format the card before I use it for the first time, and if so, should I format it whilst it's in the phone or plugged into the laptop?

Phone would probably be best, to make sure its in the right format. Check it isnt formatted already though. If it came in the phone it almost certainly will be

Phone would probably be best, to make sure its in the right format. Check it isnt formatted already though. If it came in the phone it almost certainly will be

It didn't actually come in the phone when I got it, it was given as a freebie. I just want to make sure that my photos/music on my laptop, are going to be played/viewed on my phone - and that I don't brick a 32GB SD card before I've even used it!

I've got songs on my ipod that have been lost from my itunes so is there any way to sync it without losing them?

Yeah, you need sharepod or a program of that ilk. It lets you copy the files from your ipod to your computer. I'd probably uninstall itunes before doing it first though, or at least turn off "auto sync ipod when connected"(or whatever it's called).

It didn't actually come in the phone when I got it, it was given as a freebie. I just want to make sure that my photos/music on my laptop, are going to be played/viewed on my phone - and that I don't brick a 32GB SD card before I've even used it!

I would format it in the phone then. It probably wont make much difference though, to be honest. Its highly unlikely you'll 'brick' an SD card. If you format it to the wrong thing you can just format it again.

I would format it in the phone then. It probably wont make much difference though, to be honest. Its highly unlikely you'll 'brick' an SD card. If you format it to the wrong thing you can just format it again.

Cheers for this Mr X.

I'm having a 'mare here though. I've got the SD Card to show up on my laptop, and am trying to copy my music over to it - however it's saying that the disk is write protected. What the .... do I do here?

Mac users: Is it possible to record Skype calls on to GarageBand? ETA this would be for podcasting purposes. Speaking of which, anyone know anything about creating decent sounding trails/intros?

you tried this?

• 2 weeks later...

My mum's friend went to pc world and bought, what she told me, an iPad but I'm not sure if she's using iPad as a generic name for all tablets. Anyway she asked me today to help her set it up and I told her that they are usually plug and play and it was unlikely she would manage to break it and to just have fun. She then told me she would need help installing the Norton they sold her, my immediate reaction was that the robbing b*****ds at pc world had ripped her off.

So is the internal security enough or is this a legitimate "better safe than sorry" approach?

Just looking for confirmation before I go mental at the spotty 19 year old for taking advantage of an old woman.

I mean Norton ffs!