E-Chat Quick Question Thread

forehead7

Is there an android app where you can pause live radio? Listening to the commentary on BBC alba is a nightmare and the radio is always out of sync with the tv.

ETA - Upgraded to tunein pro, allows me to pause and record any radio show :)

Edited by gfrhandyman

• 2 weeks later...

Why not get a google mail email? Then it wont matter who your broadband is with

I genuinely didn't know you could do that. I thought your e-mail client had to be with your broadband provider. :ph34r: Might as well wait and see what Sky's is like. Switching over to them on the 12th.

I genuinely didn't know you could do that. I thought your e-mail client had to be with your broadband provider. :ph34r: Might as well wait and see what Sky's is like. Switching over to them on the 12th.

Not any more. Its definitely worth looking at gmail or outlook.com before you go with skys email

No as Mr X says you can have a few.

I'm with aol but also have gmail and yahoo mail accounts.

• 2 weeks later...

Emulators!

I'm not particularly tech savvy when it comes to this stuff so can anyone recommend a good Gameboy (Advanced and/or Colour) emulator for Macbook? I have a strong desire to play some Pokemon or the like in a pure nostalgia fest.

Give me as much information as you can; treat me like an idiot.

Edited by yoda

Emulators!

I'm not particularly tech savvy when it comes to this stuff so can anyone recommend a good Gameboy (Advanced and/or Colour) emulator for Macbook? I have a strong desire to play some Pokemon or the like in a pure nostalgia fest.

Give me as much information as you can; treat me like an idiot.

http://www.macupdate.com/app/mac/11018/kigb

Click that link with your touchpad. It will be located at the bottom of the keyboard area.

I will get back to you about where to find games

• 2 weeks later...

I have around 90 odd word documents in a folder and I need to change them to pdf files, is there any way of doing this in the one go or is the only way to individually go into each word doc and save it as a pdf?

look for an ebook creator, I used one a few months ago (name escapes me) yo put word doc books into pdf so I could read on my phone. Did it in bulk too

Is there such a thing as a remote control av aerial device thing?

Basically we've moved from BT to Sky and the BT YouView box needs to be hooked up to an outside aerial - the point for which is at the opposite end of the room to where our telly is.

We cannae move furniture around unfortunately, and I'd rather not have a huge aerial lead running around the room. Does such a device exist?

Is there such a thing as a remote control av aerial device thing?

Basically we've moved from BT to Sky and the BT YouView box needs to be hooked up to an outside aerial - the point for which is at the opposite end of the room to where our telly is.

We cannae move furniture around unfortunately, and I'd rather not have a huge aerial lead running around the room. Does such a device exist?

This sort of thing? http://www.maplin.co.uk/p/outdoor-digital-dvb-t-antenna-kit-with-remote-control-r61td

Hmmm, not really. We've already got an aerial in the loft, and a connection point to that in there living room. What I'm after, if such a thing exists, is something that goes into that connection point which will connect remotely to the box.

Cheers though man.

Hmmm, not really. We've already got an aerial in the loft, and a connection point to that in there living room. What I'm after, if such a thing exists, is something that goes into that connection point which will connect remotely to the box.

Cheers though man.

Doesnt look like it. Something to do with the sheer volume of frequencies etc - you're basically trying to do the same job as a tv transmitter.

Are you sure thats what you need though? Could you not hook up an AV transmitter to the BT box at one end and the tv at the other?