E-Chat Quick Question Thread

forehead7

You'll have checked things like the settings on your phone, the app, your Google account? What apps is it?

Yeah, I've looked at all that. I downloaded the BBC Weather app the other day and whenever I went to "my location" it came up as New Delhi. It seems to have stopped doing it now, but I'm still getting promoted ads in Twitter for Indian companies. I downloaded the AVG virus guard and ran a scan in case there was something funny going on in the background, but it came back with nothing.

Weird.

I did have a link but I deleted the email after I removed it. Fucking ITunes why you just can't highlight it and press delete I don't know

Had to sign in with Apple ID to get rid of it. Pretty stupid but at least its gone. Such a dick move though. Bono claims it was an act of generosity, p***k.

Anyone any experience of HP Pavillion laptops?Looking at buying one.

Also, is an i5 processor with 4gb RAM significantly better than an i3 processor and 8gb RAM? As in, £80-£90 much better?

Edited by Paco

Anyone any experience of HP Pavillion laptops?Looking at buying one.

Also, is an i5 processor with 4gb RAM significantly better than an i3 processor and 8gb RAM? As in, £80-£90 much better?

Generally speaking, you would go for the newer processor. For general use, 4Gb of RAM would be enough but the more RAM the better really!

Might be good if you could post the individual models to compare

My laptop has died by looks of it. Only 22 months old and was running perfectly before.

Ive tried two different chargers and the light is lighting up on the charger that it is on. Ive tried connecting the chargers without the battery to make sure that its not the battery.

Looks like its the motherboard going by past experiences, anyone got any other ideas before i take it to a shop.

Cheers in advance.

Why does my android phone suddenly seem to think I'm in India? A couple of the apps seemed to think my current location is New Delhi and I'm getting promoted ads on twitter for Indian companies

Edit: its an lg g2 if that makes any difference

IMEI cloning???

Generally speaking, you would go for the newer processor. For general use, 4Gb of RAM would be enough but the more RAM the better really!

Might be good if you could post the individual models to compare

Seems the two I was looking at are sold out! Now torn between these two;

http://www.pcworld.co.uk/gbuk/laptops-netbooks/laptops/laptops/hp-notebook-15-r150sa-15-6-laptop-black-10034877-pdt.html

http://www.johnlewis.com/hp-15-r012na-laptop-intel-core-i5-4gb-ram-1tb-15-6-stone-silver/p1583325#tabinfo-spcl-offr

A wildcard is this one which is an i3:

http://www.pcworld.co.uk/gbuk/laptops-netbooks/laptops/laptops/hp-pavilion-15-p075sa-15-6-laptop-ash-silver-10016047-pdt.html

Depends what you want to do. Theres a free online presentation too called Presi. It allows you to create presentations with animations, embedded videos etc. Its not really "like" powerpoint in the way you create stuff but the end result is simliar

Need to do a presentation for work which is basically a replacement for an interview

i will give that a look thanks

Need to do a presentation for work which is basically a replacement for an interview

i will give that a look thanks

If you are more familiar with powerpoint and/or the people youre presenting too are more familiar with how it looks, you could also try the online version of Powerpoint. Should be able to do enough with the free version

If you are more familiar with powerpoint and/or the people youre presenting too are more familiar with how it looks, you could also try the online version of Powerpoint. Should be able to do enough with the free version

I actually didn't know this existed, that's a lifesaver.

I have added all the info i need for it i just need to make it shorter and more interesting which i will have to do on my own time