E-Chat Quick Question Thread

forehead7

Nope.

The servers will still be terrible and coded to only show one post before trying to load adverts, often from unresponsive sites.

So you'll still be left with P&B refusing to let you see a whole page because it's too busy creaming itself trying to load a non existent advert.

Nope.

The servers will still be terrible and coded to only show one post before trying to load adverts, often from unresponsive sites.

So you'll still be left with P&B refusing to let you see a whole page because it's too busy creaming itself trying to load a non existent advert.

Theres no ads on the app ;)

I have a notebook without an optical drive and bought an external drive to watch the odd dvd but I can't get any sound, any ideas?

ETA

Plays and rips CD's no bother, just no sound on the DVD.

Edited by Zen Archer

Considering buying an Office 365 subscription for my Mac to make it easier to take stuff to and from work to home.

If I create (say) a PowerPoint using Office 365, what happens to the file when my subscription runs out? Will I still have access to the file using PowerPoint from work?

Cheers.

Edited by Gaz

Considering buying an Office 365 subscription for my Mac to make it easier to take stuff to and from work to home.

If I create (say) a PowerPoint using Office 365, what happens to the file when my subscription runs out? Will I still have access to the file using PowerPoint from work?

Cheers.

You can download copies of 365 files, so no problems keeping them if the subscription runs out

Cheers.

Tesco are selling Office 365 for £39.99 just now on a 'reduced to clear' basis. :)

Having issues with my wireless mouse and keyboard.

Mouse seems to stall when trying to click and drag files/folders and cutoff mid drag etc.

Keyboard has a lag badly more so when playing games. Can press a button multiple times and nothing come up or press it once and put out 10 letters..... Total pain in the arse tbh.

I've changed the batteries but not making much difference

Having issues with my wireless mouse and keyboard.

Mouse seems to stall when trying to click and drag files/folders and cutoff mid drag etc.

Keyboard has a lag badly more so when playing games. Can press a button multiple times and nothing come up or press it once and put out 10 letters..... Total pain in the arse tbh.

I've changed the batteries but not making much difference

Interference maybe? Or just rubbish range. Where is the receiver plugged in? Whats between it and the mouse/keyboard?

For a 6 year old who is only likely to watch YouTube videos and play Angry Birds, does this look any good? His last tablet broke mysteriously after being told that if he was going to swear at his Dad, he wasn't allowed to connect to the internet on it anymore so I'd rather not spend a lot on it.

For a 6 year old who is only likely to watch YouTube videos and play Angry Birds, does this look any good? His last tablet broke mysteriously after being told that if he was going to swear at his Dad, he wasn't allowed to connect to the internet on it anymore so I'd rather not spend a lot on it.

Cant really see, as the site pops up wanting you to log in. Does seem to be ok for what you want though

Cant really see, as the site pops up wanting you to log in. Does seem to be ok for what you want though

Ah, it's one of these deal sites that you have to be registered with (which I am, so I don't actually get pop ups and didn't realise it did that, sorry!). I've had another look about and went for another one on Amazon that was a quid cheaper with free postage. Thanks for looking. :)

Hold the phone, a tablet for a 6yo?! Shouldn't he be outside battering a football off a wall, or spinning a wooden top with a stick, or stealing apples from Old Man Reilly's garden .... :ph34r::P

Went to format my old Samsung Galaxy S3 to keep as a backup phone but accidentally deleted Android OS from it all together.

Tried a few guides but it doesn't seem to work, stuck on the 'Twin Recovery Project'. Need to find a stock android ROM for a start.

Anybody done this before and could offer some help?

Edited by Martha Stewart