E-Chat Quick Question Thread

forehead7

WASD + mouse is what everybody uses, so much better than the inaccuracy that analogue sticks provide. Just a lot more comfortable to play.

If, however, you're a complete moron, using a controller is easy. Simply stick an Xbox controller into your PC and it'll work straight away.

WASD + mouse is what everybody uses, so much better than the inaccuracy that analogue sticks provide. Just a lot more comfortable to play.

If, however, you're a complete moron, using a controller is easy. Simply stick an Xbox controller into your PC and it'll work straight away.

I use a controller :P

Dunno if anyone can help. When I'm viewing video or playing online games (I'm a sucker for StickCricket!), it often freezes - the only way the video or animation moves, is if I press any key or move my finger over the trackpad. I presume it's linked, but I often get the Adobe Flash player crashing as well.

Any suggestions?

You've fallen in my estimations Mr. X :(

WASD + mouse is the only way...come on!

I used to think like that too. I played many a FPS that way on the PC before I got the 360. Now, though, I cant go back. I cant be arsed remembering a load of keys and the mouse just seems to jerky. I also find it easier to turn round quicker with a controller.

Dunno if anyone can help. When I'm viewing video or playing online games (I'm a sucker for StickCricket!), it often freezes - the only way the video or animation moves, is if I press any key or move my finger over the trackpad. I presume it's linked, but I often get the Adobe Flash player crashing as well.

Any suggestions?

Reinstall flash

My younger brother upgraded his PC recently.

His spec is:

Spec :-

Case : Zalman Z11+ Black Tower Case

Power Supply : 750 Watt With Power Cable Supplied

Motherboard : Gigabyte 78LMT-USB3

CPU : AMD FX 8350 Eight Core CPU (turbo 4.2Ghz)

Hard Drive : 120gb Solid State Drive

Memory : 16gb DDR3 1600mhz Corsair Vengeance Memory

Graphics Card : Nvidia GTX 770 2gb (Tripple screen support via DVI / HDMI / DISPLAY PORT)

Optical Drive : 24x Dual Layer DVD Writer

Warranty : 12 Months Return To Base (Parts & Labour)

Connections : 6 x USB 2.0 / 2 x USB 3.0 / LAN / Sound

Software : Drivers Only ( see shop for o/s options)

He had installed Windows 7, Microsoft Office and started downloading an anti virus when he got consistent blue screens of death. Most of these had "Memory Management" at the top but some had "Pages in a non paged area".

He tried his RAM one by one(4 sticks of 4gb). Individually they seemed to work fine(no BSOD with one RAM stick), but anytime he uses more than one he gets a BSOD, usually within first 5 minutes.

Any ideas?

Just got my laptop back from repair...Samsung R519...blue screen of death...requiring total clearout and reinstallation of everything.

It's working fine again except the scroll function on the touchpad. Fn + F10 disables and enables the whole touchpad but the scroll still doesn't work??

Just got my laptop back from repair...Samsung R519...blue screen of death...requiring total clearout and reinstallation of everything.

It's working fine again except the scroll function on the touchpad. Fn + F10 disables and enables the whole touchpad but the scroll still doesn't work??

You might need to update the driver for it.

My younger brother upgraded his PC recently.

His spec is:

Spec :-

Case : Zalman Z11+ Black Tower Case

Power Supply : 750 Watt With Power Cable Supplied

Motherboard : Gigabyte 78LMT-USB3

CPU : AMD FX 8350 Eight Core CPU (turbo 4.2Ghz)

Hard Drive : 120gb Solid State Drive

Memory : 16gb DDR3 1600mhz Corsair Vengeance Memory

Graphics Card : Nvidia GTX 770 2gb (Tripple screen support via DVI / HDMI / DISPLAY PORT)

Optical Drive : 24x Dual Layer DVD Writer

Warranty : 12 Months Return To Base (Parts & Labour)

Connections : 6 x USB 2.0 / 2 x USB 3.0 / LAN / Sound

Software : Drivers Only ( see shop for o/s options)

He had installed Windows 7, Microsoft Office and started downloading an anti virus when he got consistent blue screens of death. Most of these had "Memory Management" at the top but some had "Pages in a non paged area".

He tried his RAM one by one(4 sticks of 4gb). Individually they seemed to work fine(no BSOD with one RAM stick), but anytime he uses more than one he gets a BSOD, usually within first 5 minutes.

Any ideas?

Blue screens are almost always some kind of driver issue. Are the motherboard and GPU drivers up to date?

Also, is the motherboard brand new?

Edited by Just a bairn

I have asked this elsewhere anybody help with a P&B App question, i can download the app no hassle just cannot open the app at all it freezes on the screen

I dont use the app myself, but what phone are you using it on?

I dont use the app myself, but what phone are you using it on

Samsung Galaxy 3 it worked fine on my old LG and a mate downloaded it and opened it up on his. I just cannot get it to open. All other apps on the phone run fine.

Samsung Galaxy 3 it worked fine on my old LG and a mate downloaded it and opened it up on his. I just cannot get it to open. All other apps on the phone run fine.

Don't have a Samsung but can you do a memory dump? Got an app on old iPhone that did it and that usually clears app loading issues.

Now if they could do a windows phone app I'd be much obliged

daft question...but have you tried deleting what you downloaded, and tried again?