The Metalhead thread

Zizou-5

Sabaton/Alestorm tomorrow at The Music Hall for me. A gig that is very much in the category of "if this wasn't a 15 minute walk from my flat I wouldn't bother".

Checked the Aberdeen Box office and would be surprised if The Music Hall was half full tomorrow. The Aberdeen Box Office site allocated me ticket 640 when I checked tonight and The Music Hall has a standing capacity of 1000 and there are a few hundred seats in the balcony.

I had no idea until yesterday Blind Guardian are playing the QMU in May, so freakin hyped for that, the only ever seemed to play London in recent years.

Sabaton were great as usual tonight, Alestorm were meh, fun and energetic but the music gets old fast.

I had no idea until yesterday Blind Guardian are playing the QMU in May, so freakin hyped for that, the only ever seemed to play London in recent years.

Sabaton were great as usual tonight, Alestorm were meh, fun and energetic but the music gets old fast.

I quite enjoyed Sabaton, it was great to see a band like them play The Music Hall.

Did you catch the opening band Bloodbound? I turned up half way through their set and was glad I didn't see the whole thing. Weak as piss.

I quite enjoyed Sabaton, it was great to see a band like them play The Music Hall.

Did you catch the opening band Bloodbound? I turned up half way through their set and was glad I didn't see the whole thing. Weak as piss.

Nah i didnt, got in just as Alestorm were about to come on. Ive heard some of Bloodbounds material in the past and have not been impressed so i didnt bother going along early to try and catch them, sounds like i didnt miss much then.

I saw them in Brixton on their first UK tour. The set I saw was roughly ten minutes long, as they went on approximately five minutes after the doors opened and that's all I got to see   :lol:

Made me appreciate the original version of 'Alan's on Fire' more, at least.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but they did play it...

That's the 12th time I've seen MH, and would say it's definitely the best setlist I've seen from them, though obviously with the tour just being MH, at just shy of 3 hours they can play a lot more songs than usual.

The only song I would've omitted from their setlist would've been Crashing Around You, and replaced it with Blood For Blood or Struck A Nerve.

<<<verge of tears

Going to the warm up on the Friday night. Saor, Winterfylleth and s bucket of ale for me!

The warm up show was fantastic. Back from the main show early. Found Aura Noir boring as hell and put me off staying for Destroyer 666. NOTW has so much potential but they seem to fail to nail it when vit comes to the headliners.