The Metalhead thread

Zizou-5

I'd got myself quite excited for the idea of Metallica in Manchester, as it's the Tuesday after Download stopping off in Manchester for a couple of days on the way back up would be a tremendous way to round off the weekend. I'd love to see how Ghost do in a stadium as well.

When it comes down to it though that's just too expensive - when you factor in accommodation that'd end up costing more than Bloodstock. Given the choice between one massive gig or a whole weekend away with three days of bands, I'm always going to pick the festival.

Metallica tickets for Zürich purchased. Only 110 CHF a pop(About 85 quid) which is a little cheaper than I expected. Was nice to see ticketcorner.ch appear to have changed their standard purchase set up for this one, a few additional steps and new routing for the links which I expect were to try and make it more difficult for the mass buyers and their algo spammers. Most of the folk I know who were looking for tickets managed to get them no bother, which is unusual for a big gig over here in recent times.

Interestingly the pre-sale on Slane was a little slow in shifting. I wonder if Metallica have finally passed the limit in terms of what they can fleece fans through inflated prices.

Gold circle at the Irish gig was £148 a go. Winced a little putting the confirmation through on that one.

• 3 weeks later...
On ‎23‎/‎10‎/‎2018 at 14:14, Principal Flutie said:

On the other poster doing the rounds, Die Antwoord are actually billed the same as Slash and Whitesnake, so I'm assuming those are the three sub headliners.

Possibly second stage headliners?