May 2011 Election

xbl

498 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Surprised Edinburgh South wasn't more emphatic. Lib Dems only just nudged into 3rd place but a comfortable deposit kept.

Guess the little things count. How much have the Lib Dems lost on deposits tonight so far? They should consider moving to being a List party only.

Guess the little things count. How much have the Lib Dems lost on deposits tonight so far? They should consider moving to being a List party only.

20 I think they said. It's grim.

Edinburgh Southern is a hellish open seat... figures were SNP 9,900 / Labour 9,200 / Lib Dem 8,200 / Conservative 6,200. Real battleground that.

Must make it extremely volatile, any swing away from someone and everyone's in contention.

Watching that full return reminded me - apparently Berwickshire has had the lowest Scottish figures for spoilt ballots* in recent elections. Let's see how low we can go later tonight.

*undoubtedly due to our high levels of intelligence and fine standards of education...

Remember Jim Murphy? In 2010 he declared it to be the start of the end for the SNP. Boy did he get that wrong. :D

Remember Ed Miliband on 29th October 2010. FACT.

Absolutely delighted about the Glasgow Cathcart result, first time someone I've voted for will end up sitting in Parliament (either Edinburgh or London) and I'm *cough*almostthirty*cough*

:D

Oh btw, check out the CDU feed on occasion, all they've been doing is bitching all night about how nobody wants independence, about how nothing is feasible and now about how difficult Salmond would find it cutting back if he had, err, a majority govenrment!

They are absolutely fucking clueless, dealing with these issues is piss-easy compared to this prising open of west-central Scotland. What can't an SNP campaign realistically acheive after this landslide, while in government, after the biggest economic crisis in 70 years and rampant unemployment?

And SNP take Renfrewshire North. :D

Btw, in Wales, Labour are on course for an absolute majority, and they continue to smash their way through England. Scotland is different. We are leaving the Cold Dead Union behind.

Goldie never really expected to win. As the Tories aren't fools, she's top of the constituency list though.

Quite. Infact it's turning out an alright night for them. Labour and the Lib Dems are in free-fall, the Tories are at least weathering the SNP storm better. Held Galloway, too.

Archived