The Walking Dead

King Kebab

Spoilers please, some of us don't read the comics and would rather not know.

I have began watching the first season again with my girlfriend as she's never seen it. We are only two episodes in but what happened to turning the radio on at dawn every day for the black guy? Or have I missed something?

I don't know exactly where the farm is but they're probably out of range. That setup was only because they were around the city, but they've moved into the country now so the signal wouldn't be strong enough to carry.

Fair enough, I just wondered why he hadn't done it until then. Unless I'm just reading too much into it and he was out of range as soon as he left the city.

I'm really enjoying it again though, it's excellent. It's good knowing the characters and going into it again, you see how much they have changed.

Yeah, I'm not sure. It's explained a lot better in the comics

The guy's son dies and he comes with the group, I think

Lol, T-Dawg's really changed tongue.gif

I just quoted you and it showed me the spoiler. Schoolboy error on my behalf.

T-Dawg has pretty much said about two words since episode 2. He must have a purpose at some point though surely.

I don't think that'll matter, I can't see that coming true now they've left Atlanta.

I think he's just a filler character, keeping up diversity by having a minority in the group. He doesn't even get to finish his customary one lines anymore!

I just quoted you and it showed me the spoiler. Schoolboy error on my behalf.

T-Dawg has pretty much said about two words since episode 2. He must have a purpose at some point though surely.

Aye, his purpose is probably so they have a member of the group to knock off at the end of the series.

walking dead update: still shite

giving the final two episodes a watch for closure and then i'm outta here.

Think I might do the same. I'll see how these next few episodes go.

Anyone found out what the scientist whispered to Rick at the CDC yet?

I don't know exactly where the farm is but they're probably out of range. That setup was only because they were around the city, but they've moved into the country now so the signal wouldn't be strong enough to carry.

that reminded me...

readers of the comic might find this interesting (spoilers up to issue #80 (TP 13 I think))

Walking Dead Google Map

for me it raised a lot of questions about timings of stuff but I'm probably just being pedantic, like, when

Carl got shot & someone had to go back to camp to tell everyone & get them to Hershals farm the camp was a good 20 miles away, they make it look like it was just through a forest or something.

Also isn't clear just how far away the Grimes' house actually was from Atlanta, they made it seem like an Edinburgh - Glasgow trip rather than the Edinburgh - Madrid trip it's more like :lol:

What did we all think of Friday's episode?

I thought it was pretty decent this time round. Unfortunately it might be too little too late but like i've said earlier. I'll give it to the end of this season and see if i'll watch the third if it happens.

I did think it was pretty obvious that that zombie was gonna break free and get someone though, felt they might've done that better. I was just wishing it was Rick's son that got caught and eaten like a satay stick.

One thing I did notice is the ease with which the zombie ripped open Dale's chest. I've noticed a few times that they seem to be stronger than your average human being but then others are weaker? Need some consistency here I think. They need to be super strong or not at all.

plot magic 11th hour, zombies are weak... zombies are strong... fast... slow... sometimes they teleport.

Hopefully one teleports right when that baldy bitch is sitting on the shitter and rips her head aff. Boot.

plot magic 11th hour, zombies are weak... zombies are strong... fast... slow... sometimes they teleport.

Zombies are strong because they don't feel anything so they don't feel the pain when pushing their fingers into someone's stomach. Their fingers will be worn away a bit so they'll be sharper and easy to rip flesh with. The underbelly is pretty weak compared to other parts of the body as well.

Last night's episode in the States was absolutely amazing.

Zombies are strong because they don't feel anything so they don't feel the pain when pushing their fingers into someone's stomach. Their fingers will be worn away a bit so they'll be sharper and easy to rip flesh with. The underbelly is pretty weak compared to other parts of the body as well.

Their fingers possibly being sharper is a possibility because flesh is notoriously difficult to rip with your bare hands, so to just start tearing away like that is unlikely.

Doesnt really matter anyway as its a TV show :)

I only have the last episode to watch now.

It looks like it'll end in a better way than the last series.

Yeah(spoiler about last night's episode in the States/the one that will be on Friday night):

Probably find out that what the CDC guys told Rick was that the virus is now airborne, so people who die of non-gunshot wound to the head will come back as zombies, only way to explain how Randall and Shane both came back as zombies, despite not being bitten or anywhere near wherever the initial outbreak to the dead happened.

Yeah, should setup for a great finale.

I would like to know how Shane became a zombie? Was it when he was stuck in the school bus and had to cut his had to keep the walkers at bay and kept re applying the blood after the walkers licked the blood from the frame of the door?

:unsure: