The Walking Dead

King Kebab

No ads.

Thanks for this, downloaded it all and just finished season 4 tonight in time for the season 5 opener.

Fucking love this show. One of my favourite episodes of season 4 was the one that was focused entirely on Daryl and Beth. I can see it being shit if it had all the ad breaks and such but just watching the full episode I really enjoyed it (possibly only because Beth is hot and Daryl is a massive man crush of mine - #nohomo). Also, hope Rick has more apeshit moments, they're always a highlight.

In the meantime, raging that they didn't go back and finish off the cannibals. Guaran-fucking-teed that Gareth re-emerges from it all like The Governor, and comes after Rick/the group.

The premiere episodes of each season have always been consistently good; It's what follows that worries me. It looks like they're going to subsidise a bit of the 'fillery time' with the backstory about how the people of Terminus became who they are, which in itself looks interesting enough.

Also c**t Rick is the best kind of Rick.

Cracking start to the series! Don't think they can keep that pace up for the whole thing but if it's close then it should be a good one. What was with the X on the tree at the end? Also, I like that Carver from The Wire is making an appearance, with Bob and Tyrese in there already all they need to do is get in Omar and Clay Davis and it's the best piece of TV ever made!

Am I the only one that thought it was a bit meh? Some bits were absolutely brilliant but the episode as a whole, I didn't find it as good as I have found it in the past.

Hardly surprising that a dribbling loon like you found it meh.

I thought it was a brilliant episode. Explosions, zombies on fire, faces getting chewed, Tyreese and Carol causing it, that "thwonk" sound when the metal baseball bat connected with skulls, it was just edge of your seat magnificence from start to finish.

Loved it.

...it was just edge of your seat magnificence from start to finish.

I do agree, but it brings me to one of my biggest annoyances about the programme. Survival is obviously the biggest part of the show and by that I mean you want your favourite characters to survive throughout. I know they haven't been scared to kill off some big characters so far in the show, but it's getting a feel of status quo with the cast in that I can't see the main cast being chopped. What makes it worse is that they have shown trailers for a couple of weeks that show the main cast all there, so yesterday, for all it was intense, had far less intensity than it would have had we not seen the cast in later trailers. I've not articulated myself well there but I'm sure you get the point.

I do agree, but it brings me to one of my biggest annoyances about the programme. Survival is obviously the biggest part of the show and by that I mean you want your favourite characters to survive throughout. I know they haven't been scared to kill off some big characters so far in the show, but it's getting a feel of status quo with the cast in that I can't see the main cast being chopped. What makes it worse is that they have shown trailers for a couple of weeks that show the main cast all there, so yesterday, for all it was intense, had far less intensity than it would have had we not seen the cast in later trailers. I've not articulated myself well there but I'm sure you get the point.

I do agree with the crux of your point. Far too much was shown and far too much was known in advance of this season (I still hate calling it a "season") starting, through trailers, press releases and the like.

It completely took away from the tension of Rick and his mates in the crate type thing. Same when you had 4 stooges, followed by 4 known characters lined over the trough.

Still an excellent episode, teebs.

Was Beth in amongst the group last night when they escaped Terminus? In fact, was she even in terminus? Apologies that I haven't remembered, but I just absorbed the first 4 seasons in a 2-week binge, in order to be ready for last night.

After watching at least 2 episodes every night, it's really strange to have to wait until next week now though.

Was Beth in amongst the group last night when they escaped Terminus? In fact, was she even in terminus? Apologies that I haven't remembered, but I just absorbed the first 4 seasons in a 2-week binge, in order to be ready for last night.

After watching at least 2 episodes every night, it's really strange to have to wait until next week now though.

Beth was kidnapped at some point near the end of Season 4 IIRC. Strange there was no mention at all of her in last nights episode.

Edited by FraserHFC

watched this episode this morning......found it..in a pub..

Anyway really liked it, but my main gripe is that it's pretty obvious the guy with the cure is talking shite. Also the promo for the 2nd episode makes me think it might become a thing where every week they come across an alternative nutter, looks like some kind of preacher with a "secret".

Anyway really enjoyed it, hope rick goes totally postal.

General plot spoiler :

In the comics, the guy with the cure is indeed talking shite. I stopped reading them at that point as I realised I'd got ahead of the TV series. Having said that, the TV series has only loosely followed the same storyline as the comic, so it wouldnt be a surprise for them to go a different way. I hope they dont though, it would make for some cracking tv when they find out!

I loved that episode, fantastic stuff. As 19QOS19 said, I hope they continue to spring a few surprises and kill off some of the main characters. Its a big part of what made the first 4 series so good, knowing that anyone could die at any time.