The Walking Dead

King Kebab

Meh. It was ok, started very slowly but the scene with rick and joes group was intense! Then they leave a big obvious cliffhanger with the group all being together (Beside Carol and Tyresse) inside Terminus which was pretty obviously the hunters. Imagine the first half of season 5 will be trying to beat the hunters followed by the last half being on the road to D.C. No answer to who kinapped beth but im starting to think it isnt the hunters because its not really there style to co and actually hunt rather than to set traps. We also know nothing aboiut Carol and Tyresse . Would give the ep 6/10 .

Enjoyed that sets the 5th series up well, agree with the comments on the flashbacks they where pointless and added nothing. Not a mention of Beth, Carol or Tyrese? Guessing they will play a part in the rescue also the guns that Rick burried outside Terminus will obviously come into play.

Could be completely wrong but I'm guessing they are cannibals. They are bringing people in rather than risking going out into the open themselves.

That's what i was thinking.

Enjoyed that sets the 5th series up well, agree with the comments on the flashbacks they where pointless and added nothing. Not a mention of Beth, Carol or Tyrese? Guessing they will play a part in the rescue also the guns that Rick burried outside Terminus will obviously come into play.

Spoilers below if you haven't seen the episode.

I think the flashbacks were well used and necessary in the context of the story. Not only was it nice seeing Herschel again, but obviously the flashbacks were showing Herschel trying to persuade Rick that the quiet/ good dad/ calm life is the better option to teach his son, rather than guns and all out attack.

Fast forward to present day and THAT scene obviously flicked a switch in Rick. I don't think there's any going back for him now, he's going to take no more shit and that's just the way it is.

I thoroughly enjoyed last night's episode. I'm looking forward to seeing more of Terminus, especially the potential cult aspect to it with all the candles/ writing and obvious nods to cannibalism.

I think Series 5 could be pretty much all Terminus, with maybe even one or two of the early episodes focussing on Gareth and the rest of his cannibal pals and their story, with none of the regulars in that episode.

Not only was it nice seeing Herschel again,

Was it f**k "nice seeing Hershel again", the guy was a rip roaring c**t, an utter annoyance, and having the Governor swipe his head off was the best thing that has ever happened in the programme.

I still watch this as my girlfriend still wants to, but it disappoints far more often than it pleases. I'd go as far as to say that when there's an attack by Zombies or Rival Groups, the majority of the time I'm hoping at least a couple of the main characters get taken out as they're almost all so unlikeable. I like Michonne, I like Mental Rick and I like to look at Maggie and Beth, and that's pretty much it. I'd have no problem with the rest of them being mauled to death by hungry Walkers, or what now appears to be cannibals at Terminus.

Was it f**k "nice seeing Hershel again", the guy was a rip roaring c**t, an utter annoyance, and having the Governor swipe his head off was the best thing that has ever happened in the programme.

IMO

FTFY.

Enjoyed the bit with Rick killing Daryls other group, that whole scene was excellent!

The rest I was pretty disappointed with to be honest. Fcuk Hershel and the flashback scenes. The last line summed up my disappointment. I expected Rick to say something totally epic/announce some shocking revelation/something badass to suddenly happen. Instead we got a huge long pause followed by......they messed with the wrong people!

There has been some good moments this season but overall it's been quite disappointing.

I felt the closing line was really poor too.

I also thought the killing of Daryl's group was poorly thought out too. It was all just a bit too easy and convenient I thought, the tables were turned all too quickly.

The flashbacks offered nothing to the episode I thought and every scene that has Carl in it makes me hate that wee guy more and more. You were about to get raped and you get yer pants in a twist cause yer da went mental and saved you? Grow a set ya wee poof.

Terminus has definitely got to be some sort of cannibilistic set up as you see the group run past a large pile of bones still with a little gristle/meat on them. Could be animals obviously but I dont think so. The room with all the candles and names etc was a little weird, maybe they write down all the people they've killed.

Gotta say i'll miss the leader of the group Daryl was with, thought he played the part excellently.

ETA: I think Season 5 will focus on Terminus for the first half of the season and then the trip to DC/Finding out that "scientist" guy is a lying b*****d for the second half.

Edited by 11thHour

Overall I think this season has been poor. The amount of filler and seemingly irrelevant back story in almost every episode made me lose interest rapidly. They seem to be struggling to spread the story line of the comics over a whole season whilst keeping things interesting in each episode.

TBF I watched the majority of the previous seasons in blocks which may have made them not seem as bad.

For the season finale you would expect much more imo and all the flaffing about with rick's group at the start set the tone for a pretty poor climax. You were almost half way through before anything interesting happened!

FFS does anyone on this thread like anyone from the show? Carl, Beth, Hershel, Lizzie, Mika all annoying, anyone else?

Carol is annoying as f**k as well.

There's a not bad core, Michonne and Daryl are great. Rick if he's going mental is good. Glenn and Maggie are alright enough. Tyrese has the potential to be good next season.

Sasha and Bob aren't atrocious background characters.

Andrea was the most annoying tbf.

Was decent when she carked it.

Seems pretty obvious Terminus is some sort of cannibalistic cult. TWD does a lot if things well, but subtlety ain't one of them.

No really feeling the hate towards the finale, I thought it was excellent and really sets everything up perfectly for the next series.

FFS does anyone on this thread like anyone from the show? Carl, Beth, Hershel, Lizzie, Mika all annoying, anyone else?

As characters I like Rick, Michonne, Daryl, Abraham and maybe Glenn.

As eye candy I like Maggie. Beth is alright I suppose but I'm kinda hoping she's gonna turn up dead.

The flashback with hershel talking to Rick whilst he was laying down was to do with the watch surely, Hershel was saying how he had given his watch to Glen, I imagine thats what it was for anyways as Rick obviously seemed to click when in Terminus and he saw the mentioned watch on one of them, I would have to watch it again but maybe the other flashbacks showed items that were also shown in Terminus?

I felt the closing line was really poor too.

I also thought the killing of Daryl's group was poorly thought out too. It was all just a bit too easy and convenient I thought, the tables were turned all too quickly.

The flashbacks offered nothing to the episode I thought and every scene that has Carl in it makes me hate that wee guy more and more. You were about to get raped and you get yer pants in a twist cause yer da went mental and saved you? Grow a set ya wee poof.

Terminus has definitely got to be some sort of cannibilistic set up as you see the group run past a large pile of bones still with a little gristle/meat on them. Could be animals obviously but I dont think so. The room with all the candles and names etc was a little weird, maybe they write down all the people they've killed.

Gotta say i'll miss the leader of the group Daryl was with, thought he played the part excellently.

ETA: I think Season 5 will focus on Terminus for the first half of the season and then the trip to DC/Finding out that "scientist" guy is a lying b*****d for the second half.

Reminds me of a trip to Fife I had...

chain-walk-200611-039-stitch.jpg

The voices shouting for help from the shot of the containers when the group where running, maybe that could carol/tyrese?

• 2 weeks later...

That Rick scene was fucking epic.

The tension does build episode by episode and it's worth it when you get a burst like that. I read that the season finished on a cliff hanger but it was a bit meh. Never thought they could be cannibals, wouldn't mind eating Maggie, personally. Karl is a pain in the hole. I reckon he's going to end up killing Rick.

I must of skipped an episode completely missed the introduction of the scientist. What's the script with him? I get they are trying to get to Washington because he knows how it all started?

As long as they don't kill off Daryl I'm happy.

That Rick scene was fucking epic.

The tension does build episode by episode and it's worth it when you get a burst like that. I read that the season finished on a cliff hanger but it was a bit meh. Never thought they could be cannibals, wouldn't mind eating Maggie, personally. Karl is a pain in the hole. I reckon he's going to end up killing Rick.

I must of skipped an episode completely missed the introduction of the scientist. What's the script with him? I get they are trying to get to Washington because he knows how it all started?

As long as they don't kill off Daryl I'm happy.

He doesn't have a clue how it all started IMO. I doubt he is even a scientist.