The Walking Dead

King Kebab

Last night's episode was fantastic. Well written and well acted. Best episode so far in the second half of the season.

I enjoyed it too. Good to see Daryl losing the plot, although I don't know how he can spend so much time alone with Beth without banging her... :wub:

Its the plot that annoyed me, the whole ep was about Beth deciding for no obvious reason that she wanted to drink alcohol... while they struggling to survive with little food and no camp . It just didnt feel right or realistic , then it goes on to try and give both characters a bit of backstory that really didn't need to be a whole ep to find out. Beth lived a sheltered life and Daryl was a scummy hillbilly with a crappy past . wow would of never of guessed that. :rolleyes:

Really? I found it rather.... boring, felt like a season 2 ep :unsure:

I agree , boringgggg, it's all a bit tedious now , it needs to get back to the feel of S1 , bigger sets better locations and more action , and as for Rick,,well I know it's the zombie apocalypse but is that any reason to let personal hygiene slip? Would it kill you to get a wash and stick a clean shirt on? And as for his annoying son I'd love to see him getting his fukin face ripped off and eaten.

Its the plot that annoyed me, the whole ep was about Beth deciding for no obvious reason that she wanted to drink alcohol... while they struggling to survive with little food and no camp . It just didnt feel right or realistic , then it goes on to try and give both characters a bit of backstory that really didn't need to be a whole ep to find out. Beth lived a sheltered life and Daryl was a scummy hillbilly with a crappy past . wow would of never of guessed that. :rolleyes:

haha now that you put it like that the whole episode gets a bit shit for me. I thought it was not bad direction wise, sure the plot of the episode was a bit crap but there was something about the episode that I enjoyed. Definitely enjoyed the bit with the hanging zombies, very cool. Why didnt they take more clothes from the club shop though? Even for when its going to get cold or for a fire or something.

haha now that you put it like that the whole episode gets a bit shit for me. I thought it was not bad direction wise, sure the plot of the episode was a bit crap but there was something about the episode that I enjoyed. Definitely enjoyed the bit with the hanging zombies, very cool. Why didnt they take more clothes from the club shop though? Even for when its going to get cold or for a fire or something.

Similar to what I said to the Mrs when they draped that blanket over the "rich bitch" dead zombie. I commmented that it was a waste of a decent looking blanket..

Started watching at the weekend and currently almost done season 2. Good stuff.

One thing that puts me off zombies stuff though is why do the zombies not starve and run out of energy a la 28 Days? Most seem to simply ignore the 2nd law of thermodynamics. I'm seethe at that.

One thing that puts me off zombies stuff though is why do the zombies not starve and run out of energy a la 28 Days? Most seem to simply ignore the 2nd law of thermodynamics. I'm seethe at that.

So far as I know, they don't run on energy. The only part of their body that is "alive" is the very bottom of their brain. They're dead, therefore they get no sustenance from eating.

Had a good old chuckle there at that. It doesn't feel realistic? Going for alcohol is not realistic, but the whole zombie premise is perfectly realistic?

I guess the mixed reactions to the episode are mainly down to what characters you can still like and want to be developed. I get bored to death at any Rick episodes, I don't mind Michonne, and I get a bit bored of the beardy guy (forget his name). Darryl is the character I like the most, so I enjoyed his losing the plot.

What does everyone think of the music in The Walking Dead? I reckon some of the song choices are perfect for the scene they provide a background to.

There was one episode in season 3 that used the song "Warm Shadow" by Fink. It accompanied the scene perfectly, I felt. This isn't the scene in question, but the song's set to a Walking Dead montage..

What seems to be fairly inconsistent for me is that some zombie's have starved and lost a lot of "energy" - some are that weak that they cant even stand etc etc but most other can roam and attack anything any time they wish. Whilst its plausible that the ones we see are maybe getting a steady flow of victims to eat, I cant see all of them being like that.

What does everyone think of the music in The Walking Dead? I reckon some of the song choices are perfect for the scene they provide a background to.

There was one episode in season 3 that used the song "Warm Shadow" by Fink. It accompanied the scene perfectly, I felt. This isn't the scene in question, but the song's set to a Walking Dead montage..

Yep id agree. The episode a while back when Hershel was helping the sick "Oats in the Water" by Ben Howard was played at the end also fitted very well with the scene.

Was trying to recall whilst watching the episode the other night if we know what caused the outbreak in the first place. Cant remember anything really being explained unless i have missed something?

Yep id agree. The episode a while back when Hershel was helping the sick "Oats in the Water" by Ben Howard was played at the end also fitted very well with the scene.

Was trying to recall whilst watching the episode the other night if we know what caused the outbreak in the first place. Cant remember anything really being explained unless i have missed something?

The cause of the outbreak hasn't been revealed. AFAIK Robert Kirkman has made a point of not wanting the cause revealed.

What seems to be fairly inconsistent for me is that some zombie's have starved and lost a lot of "energy" - some are that weak that they cant even stand etc etc but most other can roam and attack anything any time they wish. Whilst its plausible that the ones we see are maybe getting a steady flow of victims to eat, I cant see all of them being like that.

In any other zombie stuff I've seen/read, it tends to be down to how long they've dead and reanimated for. As with actual corpses, the longer they've been a zombie for, the more decomposed their body becomes and that's when they struggle to move and become sluggish.