The Walking Dead

King Kebab

Back to being slow paced and didn't enjoy it. I like Michonne's character a lot and you get an insight into her, but Carl and his dad I no longer care about. Rick's character has lost a lot of its dynamicy since Shane and Lori died. Yes that will happen in real life, but this is a TV show set in a post apocalyptic zombie world. Less boring realism please.

Was Rick just out for the count then for a couple of days?

I understand what they were trying to do in that episode and show how Carl and Michonne deal with being alone in different ways (and then ultimately the same way) and how the need for companionship trumps all etc.

Carl has the mental toughness required but lacks any physical attributes (just ask that door) whilst Michonne is fine physically,demonstrated by her killing a whole troop without breaking sweat, but she struggles emotionally and mentally and has a need to protect/care for others. Rick saying 'it's for you' at the end summed it up nicely as together they should be alright.

That said, it's not the Walking Dead at its best in these episodes. Didn't think it was bad just far from great.

Edited by DavidMcG

I take it for the next few weeks the episodes are going to keep switching focus between all of the prison survivors and were they ended up? Glad they have finally moved on from the prison though.

Started back in the US last night. I thought It was an ok first episode.

Genuinely thought Rick was dead. I presume it was a dream of some sort by Carl?

No not a dream. Rick's breathing was laboured right from the start of the episode, after the doing he got in the mid-season finale. Passed out on the couch for a couple of days, some type of mild coma???!! When he woke up, he was struggling to breath, never mind talk. Carl just shat himself, especially with it being so dark. Was really well done.

I liked it. Good to get back to the Walkers being the enemy, instead of arsehole sheep type folk following a deranged pirate. Still annoys me why they never just finished season 3 with what they did for the season 4 mid-season finale. That would have tied up things nicely, without dragging us through the flu virus, new characters, Governor walking the lonely path to love type shite.

I cant stand Carl at all, Im hoping he dies in the best possible way.

Got a feeling that each episode is just going to be a catch up with each survivor/group of survivors until they all end up meeting up again in the season finale. So I dont have high hopes that this second half of the season will be any good.

Wasn't expecting to see Hershels living head still lying about though, was a nice touch that.

I quite liked the episode. I'm coming around to liking Carl. Michonne obviously continues to be fantastic.

Got a feeling that each episode is just going to be a catch up with each survivor/group of survivors until they all end up meeting up again in the season finale. So I dont have high hopes that this second half of the season will be any good.

Yeah it will be. Not sure who will be seen next week but the "next week" clip that I saw on my stream showed;

Glenn, Maggie, Tyreese, the two wee girls and I think Daryl

I'd imagine they'll have another two of the splinter groups meet at the end of the episode so there's only two or three groups of people to jump between for the last quarter of the season.

Why didn't they just have 2 episodes like that instead of a full Carl episode?

It wasn't, it was part Michonne as well so as to tie those two "groups" together.

Just like this one will tie Daryl/Beth with Tyrese/Carol/the Kids.

I guess they put Glenn's story in there because it didn't merit its own episode.

It wasn't, it was part Michonne as well so as to tie those two "groups" together.

Just like this one will tie Daryl/Beth with Tyrese/Carol/the Kids.

I guess they put Glenn's story in there because it didn't merit its own episode.

Correct. It was more to tie in the contrast between Michonne and Carl. Carl needs still needs people to survive even though he nearly deluded himself into thinking he didn't. This much is clear on what he shares with her, however while Michonne still needs to around people to survive even though she quite comfortably slaughtered a pack of zombies with relative ease, Carl learned that through being overpowered by a single zombie. I thought it tied the balance between the two nicely last week.