The Walking Dead

King Kebab

I still can't make up my mind whether I like this or not. I watched the first few episodes, but never really got into it. Came back a while later and watched through to the end of series 3, watched the first episode of Series 4, which was kinda everything I hate about the program and rubbered it again. I decided to give it another go and have sorta binge watched up to the current point over the last couple of weeks.

There's a lot of problems with it in terms of my enjoyment that I can't quite put my finger on, but then there's also some absolutely mental stuff that happens, which kind of make it worth watching. It's a strange one, because normally if you've watched 4.5 series of a program you'd consider yourself a fan, but I dont really.

Like all series, me and the good lady do them in a marathon, usually 3 episodes a night effort. BB, SoA(just started season 4) and OitNB.

This will be the first time we've sat down once a week. Not sure how that's going to feel.

Sky deleted s1 to s3 of TWD before I had time to download s3, we were in a fckin state til she found a friend who had it on a USB. That was a long 5 days let me tell you!

Edit: maybe that's just the effect TWD had, because we survived no bother watching Musketeers, Ripper Street, Wentworth, Under The Dome and Alcatraz no bother, once a week.

Edited by dave.j

Are yous watching it on a stream tonight or watching it on FX tomorrow? I usually wait until things are on the telly over here, for example gotham has been back for a few weeks in the US but I'm waiting until it's back on 5 in March.

The only exception is Better Call Saul, since that hasn't been picked up by any networks over here

Thought it was decent, but not great either. Found it kinda strange with all the 'dead' characters talking to Tyreese, telling him that being dead is better than being alive, and Bob's creepy grin whilst looking back at him from the front seat of the car

Well bye-bye to the most eagerly awaited and anticipated, yet ultimately poorly cast and poorly used characters of the entire run - No loss!!!

Anybody else get the chills when Rick, Michonne and Glen were raking through that garage???

You know what I'm talking about graphic novel readers!!! ;)

Not read the comics but was always aware Tyrese was imporant and became quite the badass.

With the speaking to dead people and the radio being like Rick's phone I thought we were witnessing his transformation. But in the end it seems the show was just trolling the readers?

Particularly poor episode I thought. Tyrees has always been a "meh" character for me though. So much potential to be the hammer wielding maniac I've heard he is, and nothing ever came of him....to dedicate the whole episode felt laboured, couldn't be arsed with the whole thing tbh...

I see they got another chance for Beth to sing which was a particular "highlight" .....

Edited by Mik