The Walking Dead

King Kebab

3 hours ago, 8MileBU said:

Just had a wee peak at the first episode of Fear season 4...

Might be worth a watch for those interested in what happens with Morgan.

Just sitting watching it via my firestick now.

ETA - I should say "Jesus, I'm just watching it" etc

Edited by Boghead ranter

1 hour ago, RandomGuy. said:

Negan gets his neck cut wide apart and spends a solid three minutes on the ground d pumping blood out, yet survives as a Doctor without any medical gear except stuff in his pockets manages to keep him alive. - It was less than a minute when you take out the flashback to Carl. All depends on things like the depth of the cut and if (and how badly) any arteries are affected. No real reason he couldn't survive a cut like that with medical help.

We're then expected to believe Jesus, whos spent two seasons preaching to everyone about not killing folk and giving them a second chance, and Daryl, who doesn't kill Dwight and gives him a second chance, are willing to kill Rick because Rick didn't kill Negan and gave him a second chance. - Jesus doesn't say or imply that he wants to kill Rick, he just happens to be in the room; Daryl and Rick have been disagreeing for a while now and had their handbags moment as well so he might have his reasons. No guarantee that they want to kill Rick anyway, showing him he was wrong not to kill Negan could just mean breaking him out. 

That's before you get to the seaside women randomly appearing at the Hilltop and bombing the Saviours, despite having absolutely no idea of they were Saviours or not. - How do you know they had no idea? They've watched them running past Hilltop with their guns up. For all we know they were waiting in the trees watching everyone escape Hilltop and waited for the Saviours to go past.

The writings just getting lazier as we go. 

Criticisms of this show are perfectly valid IMO but there are some that are utter pish and just moaning for the sake of it.

Totally underwhelming. Two seasons on "war" ended in five seconds as people brainwashed into being willing to give up their lives for a leader simply kneel down the moment their only gun backfires. Are we expected to believe that every single Saviour only had one weapon and the first bullet in every chamber was one personally made by Eugene?  Negan gets his neck cut wide apart and spends a solid three minutes on the ground d pumping blood out, yet survives as a Doctor without any medical gear except stuff in his pockets manages to keep him alive. 

We're then expected to believe Jesus, whos spent two seasons preaching to everyone about not killing folk and giving them a second chance, and Daryl, who doesn't kill Dwight and gives him a second chance, are willing to kill Rick because Rick didn't kill Negan and gave him a second chance. 

That's before you get to the seaside women randomly appearing at the Hilltop and bombing the Saviours, despite having absolutely no idea of they were Saviours or not. 

Next season is clearly some shitty in fight between Maggie and Rick, purely and entirely because the actress playing Maggie needs killed off. While the huge herd will be a plot device to bring everyone back together. 

The writings just getting lazier as we go. 

1) You're kind of right in how you phrased it, those people WERE brainwashed into following a leader, that leader was deposed so they easily follow the person who deposed him, if Simon had won the battle with Negan they would have followed him as well!!!

2) His neck wasn't cut WIDE apart you saw it was a cut about an inch long, with simple compression (which Negan was instinctively doing) and basic first aid it's not something you would die from unless you didn't recieve fairly immediate medical attention, which he got!!!

3) You could be correct about Maggie and the actresses contract dispute, but regarding Jesus, it was obvious that he said nothing in that scene, Maggie did all the talking and Daryll chipped in at the end, his silence is obviously going to go towards his future disagreement with the act, he was close enough to Gregory and Simon to double cross them so he has experience of infiltrating obviously!!!

4) They didn't randomly appear, we quite obviously saw Aaron with them and we also saw him spending time over the last two episodes trying to persuade them to take part in the oncoming battle, you also saw him coming out of the bushes with them after their petrol bomb attack, he would obviously have known/told them who and who not to chuck them at!!!

5) The huge herd I agree, is going to be a big plot device and it would also be the ideal way to introduce the next "Big Bad" for the show which if they are following the original chronology, would also be the next enemy they faced after Negan in the comics, they appeared on the scene in the same way, namely with a big fuckoff pile of walkers!!!

Don’t think Maggie and Daryl plan to kill rick (although that could be implied).

They said the were going to ‘show him’ for keeping negan alive being a mistake.

That could mean they plan to take out negan against ricks decision or break him out and frame saviours with an end game of having rick kill him. It’s not clear.

On 17/04/2018 at 08:45, 8MileBU said:

The last we seen of the helicopter it was over the rubbish tip obviously with the intent of picking up Jadis. The last we seen of Morgan last night was at the rubbish tip, so as it stands I’m going to assume, as suspected, that the helicopter is going to be how Morgan crosses over into Fear The Walking Dead. The new season of Fear starts next week so hopefully the helicopter/Morgan theory is answered soon.

Nope! Still no answer to the helicopter.

On 4/17/2018 at 10:32, M0rtonfc said:

I've never watched Fear, is it good?

Got off to a slow start (season 1 was pish) but now I'd say its as good as TWD if not better. A bit more about it, more interesting characters and a better plot.

TWD has become an utter borefest mostly due to a shite script writer.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
4 hours ago, sergie's no1 fan said:

The minute he leaves and the show continues I am done.

Assuming AMC knew this was coming and there will be a merge of Fear and TWD?

Fuckin joke.

Apparently Norman Reedus is signing a $20 million contract to become the lead character. Dunno how much truth there is in that, though.

Edited by IainMorton

Apparently Norman Reedus is signing a $20 million contract to become the lead character. Dunno how much truth there is in that, though.

Yeah i saw that.

Daryl has turned into the most boring character.

Are they going out of their way to destroy this show?

18 minutes ago, sergie's no1 fan said:

Yeah i saw that.

I’ve just started watching the show from the beginning last week and Daryl was superb early on. Especially on the farm and looking for Sophia. Now he’s nothing more than a background character.

Who knows what will happen when Rick is gone. Will they make it about Daryl and Negan? I’m not fussed so long as JDM is still there.

Yeah i saw that.

That happened a long time ago tbh.

I’ve just started watching the show from the beginning last week and Daryl was superb early on. Especially on the farm and looking for Sophia. Now he’s nothing more than a background character.
Who knows what will happen when Rick is gone. Will they make it about Daryl and Negan? I’m not fussed so long as JDM is still there.

In the beginning Daryl was a character on the brink of good and evil. The audience knew he wanted to be good but his brother was in the way. It was always about proving he was a good guy. The trouble is he was broken in as a good guy seasons ago and there isn't much more to do with him now. He's a character that fans seem to love when the reality is he's become another bore. Michonne is in a similar bracket. She was a very mysterious and hostile character in the beginning but yet again she has become boring after her shell was broken. The writers have an excellent knack of turning decent characters into run of the mill shite. Jesus being another example. Give it another season or two and they'll do the same with Negan.

So much quality in that show and had they crammed it into 5 or 6 seasons it would have gone down as some of television's finest work. That ship has long since sailed sadly.

30 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

That happened a long time ago tbh.

In the beginning Daryl was a character on the brink of good and evil. The audience knew he wanted to be good but his brother was in the way. It was always about proving he was a good guy. The trouble is he was broken in as a good guy seasons ago and there isn't much more to do with him now. He's a character that fans seem to love when the reality is he's become another bore. Michonne is in a similar bracket. She was a very mysterious and hostile character in the beginning but yet again she has become boring after her shell was broken. The writers have an excellent knack of turning decent characters into run of the mill shite. Jesus being another example. Give it another season or two and they'll do the same with Negan.

So much quality in that show and had they crammed it into 5 or 6 seasons it would have gone down as some of television's finest work. That ship has long since sailed sadly.

Could be that being with Rick is what's made/kept Daryl good, maybe losing him will push him back to conflicting?

Assume he'll just take over Rick's story from the comics, the show has almost caught up to where I am in those so not even sure where it goes from here. 

With the way they've left it with Negan, they've essentially started to rebuild society properly. Perfect time to start wrapping it up properly. Hopefully. But probably not. Ratings will surely plummet without Rick. I know I'd stop, because it would be a clear sign that there is no end otherwise.

Announcing it before season 9 even starts would be a strange move as there would be no element of surprise when he gets killed off. If it's true they are going to announce it then they must be thinking they could never keep it secret anyway.