The Walking Dead

King Kebab

Trailer looks excellent. Tyrese should be good and the guy who was D'Angelo in The Wire will be very good as well so I'm hoping neither of them end up serving as a token black at all.

Will be interesting to see how The Governor features in it too this season. Wasn't really shown in the trailer but we know he's been confirmed as returning for this series.

Edited by TonMan

• 1 month later...

Last time it was available for download on itunes about a day after. Didn't realise it was out so soon - happy days!

I've been playing the game over the past few days, it's quite good too.

Edited by RCR

Where are you in season 1? I was hooked pretty instantly. Season 2 is pretty poor but 3 is fucking ace.

I have watched 4 episodes. I quite liked the first episode, but the following ones have failed to really grab my attention. I can see why a lot of people enjoy it though, but the novelty of the zombies has already worn off on me. I'm more interested in the characters, most of whom seem to be pretty one-dimensional at this stage. I liked the ending of the 4th episode when the zombies attacked the camp, but I found myself rolling my eyes afterwards when the guy who was digging earlier on said something like, 'Oh, now I remember my dream.'

Season 3's finale was a major letdown for me. The problem compared to things like Breaking Bad is that there are so many wasted characters and dialogue.

Oh, if you have Fox on Sky then I'm sure episodes start on the 18th October over here.

Edited by NotThePars

The final episodes of season 2 are good, and season 2 overall is not that bad if you watch them back to back. I'm a few episodes into Season 3 now though and it's brilliant!

Yeah, I could see them not being so bad but having to wait a week in between was a struggle at times.

I'd still say that if he's not enjoyed season 1 then he won't enjoy 2.

I actually thought the penultimate episode of the first series was very good, and the first time that the action took a step back in order to focus a bit more on the characters. However, the finale seemed quite ridiculous to me. The main problem I have is that the writers clearly expect us to feel sympathy when characters die. Yet there has hardly been any character development and there have been so many deaths in such a short amount of time. I really wanted to feel bad for the black woman who died in the finale, but I didn't know anything about her (including her name actually).

I actually thought the penultimate episode of the first series was very good, and the first time that the action took a step back in order to focus a bit more on the characters. However, the finale seemed quite ridiculous to me. The main problem I have is that the writers clearly expect us to feel sympathy when characters die. Yet there has hardly been any character development and there have been so many deaths in such a short amount of time. I really wanted to feel bad for the black woman who died in the finale, but I didn't know anything about her (including her name actually).

If you prefer less action in favour of more focus on the characters then you'll love the second series. Are you continuing with it?

If you prefer less action in favour of more focus on the characters then you'll love the second series. Are you continuing with it?

Yes, I think I'll continue with it for the time being! I do like a bit of action, but not at the expense of character stuff. I think Breaking Bad has got the balance absolutely spot-on.