The Walking Dead

King Kebab

I'm not one for using the 'Come on f**k use a Spoiler' line but on this occasion less than 24hrs since the show aired..... C'mon tae f**k use a spoiler!!!!

Some of us haven't had a chance to watch....

I know I should have clicked onto the thread, but give a lad a chance!!

I'm not one for using the 'Come on f**k use a Spoiler' line but on this occasion less than 24hrs since the show aired..... C'mon tae f**k use a spoiler!!!!

Bruce Willis is a ghost

Nah, not having that. After it's UK air date it's fair game, if not where do you draw the line?

Nah, not having that. After it's UK air date it's fair game, if not where do you draw the line?

This is the official, unofficial, forum rule

As for the episode, I really enjoyed it. As others have said, it was a different pace from the others. I kinda liked Tyrees though.

Did anyone else notice Michonne was uncharacteristically nervous/emotional? Maybe shes about to break?

Yeah Tyrese was crap. Now that he is dead, are graphic novel people able to tell us what made him so important and bad ass in the comics?

In the comics Shane is bumped off pretty quickly, issue 6, Tyreese appears in the very next issue and is basically Rick’s right hand man by the end of it, you can then basically assume that he is the replacement for Shane, that shows the importance of the character almost immediately!!!

In the comics Tyreese is an incredibly strong character, both physically and mentally, who in Rick’s absence is unquestionably the defacto leader, there is no way you could say that about the TV show version, who basically stayed behind all the time and was always first to volunteer for babysitting duty!!!

I’ll quote a bit from his wiki entry now…

“Tyreese was a central figure within the survivor group. Shortly after his introduction, it was clear his traits and skills were on par with Rick. He was a physically strong, able-bodied man, able to hold his own against any zombie threats that the group encountered. His strength with his hammer and his stamina was recognized, and Rick often specifically requested his assistance in clearing out the undead. He was also a friendly, approachable man, genuinely caring about the well-being of the entire group, and he actively volunteered to help and defend them.

Although his weaknesses weren't as exposed as other characters, they were highlighted. While travelling on the road, he was revealed as a terrible shot with any firearm. He focused instead on being primarily a melee fighter

As Tyreese often took the initiative as a secondary leader and was one of the more physically strong defenders, the remaining members of the group who survived the attack of The Governor had more difficulty adapting to the dangers and obstacles when back on the road.

It was only with the introduction of Abraham, that someone filled the power void Tyreese's death created.

His role as a strong defender of the group and generally righteous man has had an lasting impression. Glenn is seen much later in the Alexandria Safe-Zone re-telling the story of Tyreese's miraculous survival in The Prison gym to the community locals, and admiration and respect is evident in his reminiscing.

Much later after the destruction of the prison, Michonne sadly refers back to Tyreese when confiding in Rick about her loneliness, signifying he had more a lasting emotional impact upon the detached Michonne than she had previously led her fellow survivors to believe.”

I think none of the above comments can be said about the Chad Coleman Tyreese from the TV Series!!!

And to be honest with you after reading back what I've written and what I've read, I think the blame for the pish-poor characterisation given to such an imoprtant figure from the source material, has been the creation of Daryl Dixon, all the characteristics that should have been reserved for Tyreese were given to him, it is now Daryl who is the strong, well-respected second in command and all the other roles he occupies that should have been given to Tyreese!!!

Catch 22 perhaps, because of Daryl Dixon, non-readers of the source material never got a chance to see the real Tyreese, but if Tyreese was introduced when he should have been and used as he should have been Daryl would still be the junkie redneck he was at the start of the show and probably be dead along with his brother and not arguably the coolest character (apart obviously from "c**t Rick"©) on the show!!!

eta - and they really missed a trick by not doing the prison gymnasium storyline!!!

Miscast and misused, Comic Tyreese RIP, TV Tyreese GTF!!!

Edited by King Kebab

Don't really know where this is going now. Beginning to think they should've started with a ratio of about 50/50 zombies to humans. Think they could have done a lot with that. Trying to go about daily business whilst containing them sort of thing. There then could've been a zombie overload and then they could've been stripped back to a small breakaway group. Feel like I've seen far to many episodes where they just wonder about the woods now

Edited by 1320Lichtie