The Walking Dead

King Kebab

The whole season has been shite as far as im concerned. The show has been on a downward spiral for a couple of seasons now which pains me to say as im a massive fan of the show

Aye can't argue with that. Decent episode but as a season finale it was a bit of a let down.

The 2 previous episodes were brilliant, I thought it was a perfect set up for a finale.

Oh and how much of a w**k is that priest?

The trend seems to be rather than having a traditional big season finale with loads happening they move all the significant character deaths, action and conclusion to story arcs to the first episode of the next season in an attempt to keep you hooked.

But for a 90 minute episode it struggled to keep me interested tbh and I felt a bit disappointed. The pace has slowed so much that you really need to watch about three episodes back to back before you actually feel you've seen something worthwhile.

The whole leaving the gate open scenario was just nonsense! lol

Edited by Pepper

Well that was a load of rubbish. Hardly anything happened the whole season and the finale just sets up the start of next season.

There are far too many pointless characters and most of this season's episodes have been far too slow.

Can we talk about it now? I don't know how to do spoilers on the phone so if you haven't seen it stop reading now.

Episode felt like a decent normal episode rather than the big finale we were hoping for. The first scene with

Morgan was probably my favourite. I don't imagine the Wolves are a group of 2 either so will be interesting to see how they develop. Gabriel is a shite character and I wish Sasha popped him then turned the gun on herself. I'm not interested in them at all. Neither am I particularly interested in the Glenn/Nicholas story.

Pretty annoyed that the final scene killed off two nothing characters, was hoping for a big one to go.

Looking forward to seeing how Morgan and Rick will get on as well as how they develop the Daryll Aaron storyline in season 6.

Found season 5 pretty disappointing overall.

The first half of the season was decent. Breaking out of Terminus and going to get Beth from the hospital, and her getting killed of in the mid season finale. Second half has been pretty dire. I was hoping Alexandria would be like Woodbury, a normal looking place but with a lot of weird shit going on in the background.

Hopefully season six is a lot better.

Is it only me who loves every episode of TWD? I don't know why but most people think the programme has its ups and downs but it has been fantastic from the first episode for me.

No. Ive really enjoyed this season too. Last night finale wasnt quite as in your face as previous ones but it was still really good.

The leaving the gate open was a bit LOOK AT ME IM A PLOT DEVICE but it was kinda necessary in the grand scheme of "youre all going to die without us"

I'm surprised no one else has mentioned the rapid change in light during the end. Rick entered the 'compound' and it was bright daylight. The next scene it's somehow pitch dark, yet everything was continuing on as if instant. WTF?!

If I'm being honest I really can't say I'm looking forward to the start of season 6. I'm not a viewer who want's action every week; far from it in fact. I enjoy character development. I'm starting to get pretty bored of this though and have been since they arrived at Alexandria. I really hope the next season starts with the place being destroyed. The lack of danger makes the whole show boring. There needs to be that genuine risk of death for it to be gripping. Hopefully they go back on the road and get wind of a cure of something. For me personally the show has almost ran it's course. They've been out in the wilderness long enough. Time to start wrapping things up IMO before it starts to become monotonous and all the good things about the show are forgotten.

Edited by 19QOS19

SLJ's post was more amusing before he edited it:

[ quote name=kev23" post="9340294" timestamp="1427754278]
I don't know how to do spoilers on the phone
/quote]
There's a shocker

I'm surprised no one else has mentioned the rapid change in light during the end. Rick entered the 'compound' and it was bright daylight. The next scene it's somehow pitch dark, yet everything was continuing on as if instant. WTF?!

If I'm being honest I really can't say I'm looking forward to the start of season 6. I'm not a viewer who want's action every week; far from it in fact. I enjoy character development. I'm starting to get pretty bored of this though and have been since they arrived at Alexandria. I really hope the next season starts with the place being destroyed. The lack of danger makes the whole show boring. There needs to be that genuine risk of death for it to be gripping. Hopefully they go back on the road and get wind of a cure of something. For me personally the show has almost ran it's course. They've been out in the wilderness long enough. Time to start wrapping things up IMO before it starts to become monotonous and all the good things about the show are forgotten.

I reckon you'll see major character development from Deanna next season, who very quickly went from "you can't just execute someone" to "execute the fucker" in about 5 seconds. There will no doubt be an interesting dynamic to all of that and how the original Alexandrians adjust.

The whole season has been shite as far as im concerned. The show has been on a downward spiral for a couple of seasons now which pains me to say as im a massive fan of the show

Whit? The show was pretty terrible when they were hanging about Hershel's farm.

This has been comfortably the most complete and entertaining series and the show is going from strength to strength rather than getting weaker imo.

There might not have been a big climactic face off but still plenty to like in that episode and we're nicely set up for next series.