The Walking Dead

King Kebab

It's just really dull now. Long spells of soul searching and talking.

The characters aren't developing either. Guys like Glenn, Abe and Daryl are now boring. They could kill of more then 50% of the group and it wouldn't matter. They don't add to the story.

You've got to wonder how much longer is this going to last.

The characters aren't developing either. Guys like Glenn, Abe and Daryl are now boring. They could kill of more then 50% of the group and it wouldn't matter. They don't add to the story.

I have to agree with this. You need secondary characters but they're leaving people with great backstories from the comics at the wayside, Abraham being the biggest waste of the lot. This is a guy that could be really developed and given some serious screentime and all we get is his little tiff with Mulletboy. That story arc is obviously relevant but its not very good.

Carol has gotten a lot better but now I think they're going a bit too far with it, she's not a good enough actress to pull off witty one-liners or be threatening to anyone that could possibly handle themselves, she's best left being sly & aware whilst scaring/executing little kids.

Gabriel, Glenn, Maggie, Rosita & Corl could all be written off and it wouldn't be detrimental to the show in the slightest I dont think. Edit to add: Sasha as well. Please, please get her to f**k.

I thought the finale was ok but not brilliant. Some good questions are being set up for next season but I'm not exactly choking for it to start. Best scene was the end one with Morgan and you've got to wonder how they'll get along with each other in the next season as Morgan obviously knows what he's doing but doesn't seem to want to harm anyone pre-emptively, only when he needs to.

Anyone notice the fact that he's turned into a ninja master with his stick all of a sudden? Seems a zombie apocalypse can turn people into dynamite killing machines with tremendous finesse.

Edited by 11thHour

Whit? The show was pretty terrible when they were hanging about Hershel's farm.

This has been comfortably the most complete and entertaining series and the show is going from strength to strength rather than getting weaker imo.

There might not have been a big climactic face off but still plenty to like in that episode and we're nicely set up for next series.

If you dont agree with me, thats fine however the common feeling on this thread is that its maybe not as good as you think it is. Everyone has their own opinion though i suppose

I enjoyed it. It wasn't the best season finale I've ever seen, but I thought it was good, and set things up for next season, which I'm guessing will be centred around an Alexandria with Rick and Morgan in charge v the Wolves.

Incidentally, has anyone seen the film Zatoichi? I thought Morgan had shades of his fighting style at the start.

ETA: Shocker as well when watching the Talking Dead after it to find that the actor who plays Morgan is British..

Edited by Fide

A while yet. I'll pop it in a spoiler even though it isn't overly specific.

If you've read the comics, the series isn't close to reaching the point in time where the comics are set. There are some pretty massive plot twists and one particularly tumultuous event coming up in the next few seasons of we go by the books, and then a huge moment in what looks like Season Ten. The producers have already spoken about having episode arcs right through to the event so it has a while in it yet. My suggestion would be to stick with it, as a) it isn't going anywhere (just look at viewing figures alone) and b) it should get pretty tasty from here on.

If you dont agree with me, thats fine however the common feeling on this thread is that its maybe not as good as you think it is. Everyone has their own opinion though i suppose

That might be the common feeling on this thread, but the viewing figures in the U.S. alone suggest that the public by and large have enjoyed it. Regularly around the 13/14 million mark, with the finale getting 15.8 (a show high for a final episode). I personally enjoyed it, and really liked this season too.

Edited by Quitongo's Left Peg

That might be the common feeling on this thread, but the viewing figures in the U.S. alone suggest that the public by and large have enjoyed it. Regularly around the 13/14 million mark, with the finale getting 15.8 (a show high). I personally enjoyed it, and really liked this season too.

Its a show that a lot of people have invested a great deal of time into so although i dont see its high standards coming back any time soon, i will still watch it as its better than some of the dross on tv just now

Its a show that a lot of people have invested a great deal of time into so although i dont see its high standards coming back any time soon, i will still watch it as its better than some of the dross on tv just now

Not sure that invested time is the only reason the viewing figures are so high. It's steadily gained viewers every season, and that's not a coincidence. To be completely honest I was shocked to see so many on this thread be dismissive of the season/finale when I enjoyed it and most of the reviews etc I've seen have been fairly positive.

As i said earlier mate, everyones opinion differs. Its a programme with a massive following which shows on the viewing figures but viewing figures doesnt always reflect the quality of a show. Look at eastenders and corrie :lol:

Sorry I didn't mean that to sound as knobbish as it came across. I'm aware I've become a bit of a cheerleader but like you say we're all entitled to our opinion and it's good to exchange them. :)

I'm surprised no one else has mentioned the rapid change in light during the end. Rick entered the 'compound' and it was bright daylight. The next scene it's somehow pitch dark, yet everything was continuing on as if instant. WTF?!

I found that distracting as well, pretty sloppy with the lighting.

Re The Talking Dead after it, a statement from the producer said that 'man was the biggest threat in this season but won't be in the next'. Make of that what you will. He also said something about major set-pieces being worked on, but it would have been more surprising if he hadn't said that.

For what it's worth, I'm still enjoying it and, although the finale could have been a bit more explosive, I think it came to a decent conclusion.

Sorry I didn't mean that to sound as knobbish as it came across. I'm aware I've become a bit of a cheerleader but like you say we're all entitled to our opinion and it's good to exchange them. :)

No probs. The problem with the show has been mentioned quite a bit on here. That problem is you could probably kill off around 90% of the main cast and nobody would even be too concerned. In fact when i think about it, the only characters i have any real time for is Rick, Daryll and possibly Carol at a push

I enjoyed it. It wasn't the best season finale I've ever seen, but I thought it was good, and set things up for next season, which I'm guessing will be centred around an Alexandria with Rick and Morgan in charge v the Wolves.

Incidentally, has anyone seen the film Zatoichi? I thought Morgan had shades of his fighting style at the start.

ETA: Shocker as well when watching the Talking Dead after it to find that the actor who plays Morgan is British..

Hes in ITVs new, and pretty poor, medical drama Critical. He's easily the best thing about it

I'm only watching this as I feel obliged too being such a massive fan of the comics. This show has been a disaster from my point of view, killing characters off at the wrong time, missing massive story lines out and replacing them with more meh TV. The pace of the show is well off, what was that 4 episodes of nothing happening. I can see why people who have only watched the show think it's alright, but it could and should have been so much better. Should just fast forward to Negan and kill off all the shite characters and add some WD grit to the show. I'll still watch this religiously but the pace of the show and character building needs looked at for next season. Oh and Morgan being a stick wielding Buddhist was probably one of the poorest pieces of writing I've seen in a tv show, I hope he runs into Negan and Lucille first.

No probs. The problem with the show has been mentioned quite a bit on here. That problem is you could probably kill off around 90% of the main cast and nobody would even be too concerned. In fact when i think about it, the only characters i have any real time for is Rick, Daryll and possibly Carol at a push

The cast should have been streamlined this season, how Axel and the priest made it through this season I'll never know.

Rick's shite in the show and the fact you know he can't die adds to his shiteness. At least in the comic you feel for his life and you can see where they will go if they decide to kill him off.

Carol gets right on my tits. She should have been cast in her comic book form, I'll never forgive Kirkman for making her an old bint that dose not offer Rick and Lori a threesome.

Daryl was a good addition until he got feelings and shit now he's just meh.

Hopefully by the mid-season finale we're down to Rick, Carl, Maggie, Eugene and Michonne. Make room for some decent characters.

The cast should have been streamlined this season, how Axel and the priest made it through this season I'll never know.

Rick's shite in the show and the fact you know he can't die adds to his shiteness. At least in the comic you feel for his life and you can see where they will go if they decide to kill him off.

Carol gets right on my tits. She should have been cast in her comic book form, I'll never forgive Kirkman for making her an old bint that dose not offer Rick and Lori a threesome.

Daryl was a good addition until he got feelings and shit now he's just meh.

Hopefully by the mid-season finale we're down to Rick, Carl, Maggie, Eugene and Michonne. Make room for some decent characters.

I think your gripes are mainly based on how theyve transferred the comics to the screen mate. From someone who hasnt read the comics, its difficult to judge how a character comes across on the show as opposed to how they are in print

I think your gripes are mainly based on how theyve transferred the comics to the screen mate. From someone who hasnt read the comics, its difficult to judge how a character comes across on the show as opposed to how they are in print

Yeah you're right mate, finding it really difficult to be objective about the show. All will be fine when/if Negan comes along and kicks the group back into action. I now know how all these book nuts feel when Hollywood gets their hands on classic literature and turn it into a bog standard movie. I hope Kirkman put's his foot down next season and puts the viewers through the emotional roller-coaster TWD should be.

There isn't any characters in ricks group that I actually want to die at the moment

There're barely any in Rick's group that I want to see live.

c**t Rick is good, Michonne is still decent, Maggie and Abraham's bird (who's character is so underdeveloped that I don't even know her name), just to look at, and that's about it. The rest are either dish water dull (including Glenn and Daryl who have regressed massively), haven't been developed nearly well enough (Eugene, Abraham (who has potential but is massively under used), his aforementioned bird) or are complete and utter cuntmuscles (Sasha, Priest, Coral).

The programme has some genuine highlights, but there's far too much monotony, and far too many characters who I either don't give two shits about, or actively want to see killed. When I watch/watched Breaking Bad, Game of thrones, Better Call Saul, Gotham, etc, I couldn't take my eyes off the screen and was totally engrossed in what I am/was watching. Can't say the same for the vast majority of The Walking Dead.

I'm only watching this as I feel obliged too being such a massive fan of the comics. This show has been a disaster from my point of view, killing characters off at the wrong time, missing massive story lines out and replacing them with more meh TV. The pace of the show is well off, what was that 4 episodes of nothing happening. I can see why people who have only watched the show think it's alright, but it could and should have been so much better. Should just fast forward to Negan and kill off all the shite characters and add some WD grit to the show. I'll still watch this religiously but the pace of the show and character building needs looked at for next season. Oh and Morgan being a stick wielding Buddhist was probably one of the poorest pieces of writing I've seen in a tv show, I hope he runs into Negan and Lucille first.

Comics <> TV

Oh, and if you're going to drop names/storylines from the comics, put them in spoilers :)