Chris Hughton...

CM.

Awful is the only word to describe this, utterly disgusting behaviour towards a humble, honest man who has gave this club success and was easily going to keep them up in the league imo.

For a new manager, i am very surprised that Ian Holloway is 50-1 to get the job. Surely an outside bet.

If Jol gets it i think he will be punted in a year as i do not rate him very much, also if Pardew get's the job then it adds more madness to the current situation.

• Replies 302
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And as for their fans, Jesus what a dumb bunch they are, every time they start making noises like sack the board the board pulls out a big signing, Keegan, Shearer, Keegan, Ginola, Keegan, Owen and they walk away happy believing the good times are back.

To be fair to Newcastle and their fans, Keegan did a good job for them when he was first appointed manager, Shearer was a great signing for them as was Ginola.

If Jol gets it I wonder if he'll bring in his first team coach from his time at Spurs, a man who knows the English game inside out, who has a great record motivating underachieving, overpaid players, who can create a brilliant spirit in the dressing room and is loved by the Newcastle fans?

Beat Villa 6-0, your arch rivals 5-1, draw 1-1 with Chelsea and beat Arsenal 1-0 on their own patch and you get sacked because they want a more experienced manager. What an absolute joke :huh: . What more is expected of him ? He has them sitting 11th at Christmas which is a great achievement for their first year back in EPL with a crap squad.

As others have suggested, it looks as though Ashley was looking for an excuse to sack him. I'd guess Hughton has spoken his own mind too readily for the fat man's liking.

Hope he becomes a very successful manager wherever he ends up next.

If Jol gets it I wonder if he'll bring in his first team coach from his time at Spurs, a man who knows the English game inside out, who has a great record motivating underachieving, overpaid players, who can create a brilliant spirit in the dressing room and is loved by the Newcastle fans?

Nice

as would Martin O'Neill

Far too hard a job for O'Neill.

Unless there is a blank chequebook available, don't see him being interested.

Had to laugh at a journo this morning saying Randy Lerner should "just have given O'Neill what he wanted" before he got owned by a Villa fan who asked him if this included bankrupting the club and continuing with multi-million pound losses every season. :lol:

Cue some bluster about, erm I'm sure that wasn't Martin's fault...he was just being ambitious etc etc.

I'm with you on that one... O'Neill has flattered to deceive and, because he is courteous and well-spoken, has got far too easy a ride from the media. Some of his multi-million pound signings were awful (Curtis Davies, Marlon Harewood etc...) and some of his give-aways were just as puzzling (Liam Ridgewell, Craig Gardner etc...).

I think Newcastle fit the 'big team' tag because they can fill a 50,000 stadium each week, and that is a definite positive for the Premiership, but sacking Hughton at this stage shows just how stupidly restless Mike Ashley is; would Everton have binned Moyes at this stage of a season!? Would Fulham have sacked Hodgson? Would Stoke have got rid of Pulis?? Nope... and look at what stability has done to their long-term viability.

Not remotely surprised by that decision from a truly horrible club which has been so since the days of Stan Seymour. They are an outfit without any moral & while I cheer on every Northumbrian & Tyneside side fervently, I just can not warm to that outfit one bit. Chris Hughton has done a spledid job with a moderate squad, but that inept fat foreign* plank Ashley can't seem to see that. Hughton comes across as a decent honest bloke & with him gone I have no reason at all to wish the Maggies well. I hope there's a mass desertion from the Toon Army ranks, but Ashley does at least have the savvy to realise few will have the stomach (unlike him!) to draw the line, & thus he can get away with what he likes.

How a sizeable second club can't function in the city is beyond me, as is the mindset of the vast majority of football loving folk here in Newcastle. I admire loyalty, but the alarming way Toon fans turn up for more slaps in the face ( and they aren't just on the pitch related) year after year is baffling.

The city had a perfect opportunity to have a decent second team when Newcastle Blue Star joined the Unibond League, but often we couldn't attract 3 figure crowds & paid the ultimate price for showing ambition when folding last year.

But back to Chris Hughton, I'm sure he (and Ray Wilkins for that matter) won't be short of job offers, & the West Ham scenario painted by earlier posters would be interesting. I'm sure if Hughton came back as an opposing manager, he'd get a warm reception from the Newcastle fans, which is more than a certain Mr Michael Ashley will be getting right now.

( * = south of Darlington)

37648_607716611104_222301506_6276016_5092178_n.jpg

Had to laugh at a journo this morning saying Randy Lerner should "just have given O'Neill what he wanted" before he got owned by a Villa fan who asked him if this included bankrupting the club and continuing with multi-million pound losses every season. :lol:

Cue some bluster about, erm I'm sure that wasn't Martin's fault...he was just being ambitious etc etc.

Yes, and it wasn't O'Neill's fault that he spent millions on players and then didn't use them. There's not a chance in hell O'Neill takes the Newcastle job. Chequebook managers like him and O'Dreary are being run out of the game, fortunately. Although Spurs have one on the go... O'Neill will be the next manager of Spurs, when Redknapp gets thrown in the slammer.

Probably, that's why I said "interesting"

I think Newcastle fit the 'big team' tag because they can fill a 50,000 stadium each week, and that is a definite positive for the Premiership, but sacking Hughton at this stage shows just how stupidly restless Mike Ashley is; would Everton have binned Moyes at this stage of a season!? Would Fulham have sacked Hodgson? Would Stoke have got rid of Pulis?? Nope... and look at what stability has done to their long-term viability.

Superb point.

Some tweets from Tim Krul :(

Us players need your support

about 1 hour ago via Twitter for iPhone

Any more messages ?? All the players are very upset . We need your support

about 1 hour ago via Twitter for iPhone

I was thinking off phoneing skysports but cant id end up un big trubble

about 5 hours ago via Twitter for iPhone

This is to much stress ... We could have done better .. He had a big smile as normal this morning . Now this

about 6 hours ago via Twitter for iPhone

My goalkeeping coach paul barron sacked as well . . Why why why really not happy

about 6 hours ago via Twitter for iPhone

Footballers should be prevented from using Twitter...

What an embarrassment, if indeed they are from Krul.

The Krul one is fake, as is the Andy Carroll one which Sky Sports News reported a comment from today. :rolleyes:

The Routledge, Jonas and Danny Simpson ones are real though.

Archived