Chris Hughton...

CM.

• Replies 302
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Statement out - gone and so has the goalkeeping coach, club wants a more experienced manager.

Newcastle United Football Club have today parted company with manager Chris Hughton. Goalkeeping coach Paul Barron also leaves the club today.

The board would like to place on record their thanks to Chris for his considerable efforts during the club's transition from Championship to Premier League football. Chris has shown exceptional character and commitment since being appointed manager in October 2009. The club wishes him well for the future.

Regrettably the board now feels that an individual with more managerial experience is needed to take the club forward.

The task of appointing a new manager now begins. An announcement will be made shortly regarding transitional arrangements pending the appointment of a successor.

First Premier League manager to go and its Decemeber, that a record?

Was always going to happen as Ashley had clearly decided he wanted a ' big name ' to manage the club and was just looking for an excuse to give Hughton the bullet. A small blip in form was that excuse. Shame for Hughton but i don't imagine he'll have a problem finding a new and far more reasonable employer.

Keegan is a good shout.

What would be nice now is if Grant gets punted by West Ham and Hughton takes over, see's a massive turn around in their fortunes and keeps them up, while some twat like Alan Pardew goes into Newcastle and see's them spiral back to the Championship.

Fu**ing raging with this, when will that fat c**t Ashley realise that what we need is stability at the club, Hughton united the dressing room after a lot of unrest, i can't wait to see who this 'experienced manager' that ashley has lined up....Joe Kinnear again more than likely!

Ashley......F**k off back down south you fat cockney c**t!

Seems harsh. Some muppets will no doubt call for Shearer.

Given the paucity of talent in the squad, Newcastle are doing as well as could be relatively expected.

At least Houghton gets a pay-off and the ability to spend Christmas with his family.

Edited; Keegan or Shearer or Sweary Joe would be hilarious.

Bad decision. I think they were just waiting on a result like yesterdays to punt him.

Yeah, that's my thinking too. Granted they've had a couple of poor results recently, and were gash yesterday, but he's done a really good job.

Poor show.

Archived