Chris Hughton...

CM.

I'm absolutely delighted with this news, that's exactly what Newcastle need after a period of stability. A wee bit of unrest to see them slip farther down the league and back to where they belong, the Championship.

There's a popuilar misconception going the rounds in England that Newcastle are a big club, they aren't. In my lifetime Newcastle have spent about 20 seasons out of the top flight, they haven't won a domestic trophy since before I was born. Big clubs win trophies and win them regularly, a big stadia and lots of fans doesn't make you a big club. And as for their fans, Jesus what a dumb bunch they are, every time they start making noises like sack the board the board pulls out a big signing, Keegan, Shearer, Keegan, Ginola, Keegan, Owen and they walk away happy believing the good times are back. It's like pretending to throw a stick for a dog and hiding it behind your back, the dog falls for it every time and runs after it and you stand there pissing yourself at the sheer stupidity. That dog is still way too smart to support Newcastle.

• Replies 302
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Had this bizarre decision been taken by any other owner, it'd be mass surprise. But no, it's Mike Ashley. Fucking hell, Hughton's done superbly. Pissed the Championship, seems to have united the dressing room, wins at Arsenal, hammers Villa and fierce rivals Sunderland and it's not unreasonable to assume was going to keep Newcastle up.

To risk fucking all that up to appoint a biggISH name in Martin Jol is absolute lunacy. If it turns out to be Alan Pardew, there isn't a word strong enough to describe the level of stupidity involved. Just to top it off, he's risked dressing room unrest and a relegation battle.

Jesus fucking wept.

I'm absolutely delighted with this news, that's exactly what Newcastle need after a period of stability. A wee bit of unrest to see them slip farther down the league and back to where they belong, the Championship.

There's a popuilar misconception going the rounds in England that Newcastle are a big club, they aren't. In my lifetime Newcastle have spent about 20 seasons out of the top flight, they haven't won a domestic trophy since before I was born. Big clubs win trophies and win them regularly, a big stadia and lots of fans doesn't make you a big club. And as for their fans, Jesus what a dumb bunch they are, every time they start making noises like sack the board the board pulls out a big signing, Keegan, Shearer, Keegan, Ginola, Keegan, Owen and they walk away happy believing the good times are back. It's like pretending to throw a stick for a dog and hiding it behind your back, the dog falls for it every time and runs after it and you stand there pissing yourself at the sheer stupidity. That dog is still way too smart to support Newcastle.

All Motherwell fans are racist b*****ds, make monkey chants at black players and slitty eye signals to Asians. They also think they should be winning the SPL and they all think Brown will lead them to the Champions League.

Had this bizarre decision been taken by any other owner, it'd be mass surprise. But no, it's Mike Ashley. Fucking hell, Hughton's done superbly. Pissed the Championship, seems to have united the dressing room, wins at Arsenal, hammers Villa and fierce rivals Sunderland and it's not unreasonable to assume was going to keep Newcastle up.

To risk fucking all that up to appoint a biggISH name in Martin Jol is absolute lunacy. If it turns out to be Alan Pardew, there isn't a word strong enough to describe the level of stupidity involved. Just to top it off, he's risked dressing room unrest and a relegation battle.

Jesus fucking wept.

I agree with all this add to that, that he isn't the kind of manager you'd imagine to be demanding money for transfers all the time and apparently he was on a very low paid contract, certainly in EPL terms, why would you want to get rid of a low maintenance manager who has unified the players and is very little hassle, truely bizzare.

Also interesting to know we have a 75 year old on the forum. Oh, but Newcastle have won trophies in the past 75 years. You seem to be a bit confused. :rolleyes:

Are you PerthshireBell in disguise?

I'm not sure what to make of Pardew. I had mixed feelings towards him when he was West Ham manager. Sure he got West Ham to the FA Cup Final but other than that, he achieved promotion at the second time of asking - despite having a fairly big budget for the Championship - but his record in the EPL wasn't inspiring.

I see the bookies have stopped taking bets on Martin Jol according to 5Live.

He is PB, absolute tosser.

I know you're only a shite alias, but still...

laugh.gif

Who is he?

This is naughty.

Why do you constantly say things that are wrong ?

It seems to work for you so I thought I would give it a try. So please explain how Newcastle are still a 'massive' club. They may have a large fan base, but a large fan base does not equate to 'massive club'.

Anyone who claims to support Newcastle who isn't already forming plans to protest this doesn't deserve a club.

No it wouldn't.

It would, however, cost him a fucking horrendous amount of money. Which he deserves.

Any manager who isn't an idiot is not going to take a job where doing the best one possibly can is rewarded with being sacked. See also Midlothian, Heart Of.

I said he had reached a point that he couldn't take them any further unless the board gave him the amount of money Spurs and Man City were getting.

MON was ranked right up there with Redknapp in terms of expenditure throughout his time at Villa. If MON quit because Lerner wasn't prepared to spend two hundred fucking million pounds on transfers then that's MON's problem. Unsurprising when you captained a Brian Clough team I suppose but certainly not justifiable by anyone sane.

Sol Campbell's come out and said the sacking "makes no sense."

Sensible man (Notts County aside of course). If I was a Newcastle player I'd already have "lifeboat" and "signalling flares" at the top of my Christmas list.

Chris Hughton needs a club Aberdeen(medium sized)club is his level, seems like possibility.

Chris Hughton is unlikely to be behind on his mortgage payments. He can afford to wait for a real offer, rather than going to a hasbeen SPL team who can't afford to sign League One players.

why wer the fans soo behind him. Lets be honest the newcastle team is terrible. The left back looks a player as does nolan, but there is nothing left to get excited about. The CF carroll is beyond hopeless yet he seems to have a cult following. His display yesterday put kevin kyle to shame.

Because Hughton didn't buy any of them. He took this pish up from the Championship with a canter, and has felled plenty of giants already this season.

Are the mods not just able to track perthshirebell's IP and block registration from it?

To me this is a ludicrous decision... one that I think will be a complete catastrofuck. Hughton comes across as a very honest, likeable, hard-working guy who gets things done without a big budget. I feel for him and hope he finds a job where his chairman actually respects the work he's done (his players certainly seemed to think highly of him, rightfully so).

That aside, it's worth noting that he did well at Tottenham when he was there a while back and I feel that he's perfectly capable of being a very successful manager somewhere else. IMO if he got the West Ham job he'd be able to galvanise their team and lift them out of the bottom 3.

Rant over.

The likes of Keane and Ferguson will be looking over their shoulders I'd imagine.

Keane and Ferguson's respective predecessors were sacked while doing perfectly well themselves. Hell fucking mend the lot of them.

Keane and Ferguson's respective predecessors were sacked while doing perfectly well themselves. Hell fucking mend the lot of them.

There really is a lot of depressing stupidity in football club boardrooms up and down the country.

Mike Ashley has much to learn however. I believe we've now sacked 3 Managers whilst top of our Division in the last 13 years.

Visionary stuff.

http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/Why-Chris-Hughton-was-sacked-by-Newcastle-Forced-to-play-fantasy-football-with-Mike-Ashley-not-deemed-showbiz-enough-expected-to-talk-tactics-with-chairmen-article645857.html

I never used to be one to believe the tabloids, but unfortunatly they've been spot on during the whole Ashley era. When the fans have blasted the London based media and their ridiculous stories, me included, its because those stories have usually been too stupid to believe. Then we find out a few months later its all true. Unfortunatly I wouldnt not suprise me if Simon Bird was spot on here. Think he's just risked an SJP ban with that one, along with the many other papers which are banned from the stadium.

Archived