Chris Hughton...

CM.

There's absolutely no way Alan Pardew is the manager of Newcastle at the end of the season. The fans are united against him, and it'll be impossible for him to succeed. For what it's worth, I'd be against him if I was a Newcastle fan.

I wouldn't at all be surprised if he was the next manager to go.

• Replies 302
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Statement out - gone and so has the goalkeeping coach, club wants a more experienced manager.

Regrettably the board now feels that an individual with more managerial experience is needed to take the club forward.

Alan Pardew laugh.gif

It just gets better. I'm convinced Ashley has to be a closet Mackem.

Yep couldn't agree more with names like Martin O'Neil mentioned and they come up with Alan Pardew

"Pardew has over 500 games under his belt, but limited Premier League experience" :lol:

Hope they go into freefall now,Chris Hughton seemed a decent guy and guided them into 11th place with limited funds it has to be said,it seems Ashley thinks Newcastle are a top four side,what baffoon he is!

Must be the biggest arsehole chairman outwith Simon Jordan.

I think a great deal of the schadenfraude at Newcastle's expense is thoroughly deserved by their fans' inability to differentiate themselves from sheep and their deluded attachment to King "Kevin" Keegan, an awful chequebook manager if ever there was one, as well as the continual calls for Alan Shearer to be manager.

Kevin Keegan was not an 'awful chequebook manager' for Newcastle. He took the team from the relegation zone of the now Championship to 2nd in the Premier League. And in his second short stint he did a decent job too. We were looking quite good before he left. Not saying I wanted him at the time he was appointed, but he has never caused any damage to Newcastle.

There are no continual calls for Alan Shearer to be manager. You talk about sheep, stop reading the tabloids and listening to talksport you fuckin idiot!

Newcastle are not going to go down no matter who they appoint. The squad is certainly better than at least 4 teams and with players like Barton, Nolan, Carrol they have some genuine quality.

The worst they'll do is 15th and I am fairly certain they'll be safe with a couple of weeks to go.

I fully expect the club to fall apart now. Hughton and the players had a great team spirit going, against all the odds. Appointing this c**t will hardly do wonders for the club. I expect transfer requests from anyone decent, and anyone with any ambition at Newcastle.

Kevin Keegan was not an 'awful chequebook manager' for Newcastle. He took the team from the relegation zone of the now Championship to 2nd in the Premier League. And in his second short stint he did a decent job too. We were looking quite good before he left. Not saying I wanted him at the time he was appointed, but he has never caused any damage to Newcastle.

There are no continual calls for Alan Shearer to be manager. You talk about sheep, stop reading the tabloids and listening to talksport you fuckin idiot!

Er yes, by, um, spending lots of money.

Really. Are you sure about that?

I'll ignore the personal abuse.

Edited to add; the problems which destroyed the club towards the end of the Robson era and after stemmed directly from the first Keegan tenure. To suggest otherwise is blatant revisionism, which Newcastle fans are guilty of a lot, along with picking favourites.

Er yes, by, um, spending lots of money.

Really. Are you sure about that?

I'll ignore the personal abuse.

Of course he spent money, but he still took the club to the verge of the championship from the brink of Division 3. Just because he spent a bit of money didnt make him awful. Other clubs were also spending money. Ferguson was spending money at the time too, but that doesnt take away from his achievements.

Erm, yes, im sure about that. I go to games, I was at West Brom and I was at Bolton when we got howked. I also read the most popular Newcastle forum and talk to fans all the time. The myth is created by the media and fed by a handful of slackjaws who seem to appear outside St James' when anything happens.

Edited to add; the problems which destroyed the club towards the end of the Robson era and after stemmed directly from the first Keegan tenure. To suggest otherwise is blatant revisionism, which Newcastle fans are guilty of a lot, along with picking favourites.

And how on earth do you gather this. Don't talk so much shite!

Newcastle are not going to go down no matter who they appoint. The squad is certainly better than at least 4 teams and with players like Barton, Nolan, Carrol they have some genuine quality.

The worst they'll do is 15th and I am fairly certain they'll be safe with a couple of weeks to go.

Hmm, not sure you can say they are safe, not by a long shot. Their first XI is mediocre at best for me which is why it was felt Hughton was doing such a good job. They're 5 games without a win, they could easily go another 5 without winning looking at their upcoming fixtures (Wigan away is the only truly winnable game) - I wouldn't have them as certainties for safety anymore. Had they kept Hughton I'd have given them much more of a chance, they worked so hard under him, it's going to be difficult to replicate that under a new manager with new ideas. Especially one with an ego like Pardews, this appointment is a recipe for disaster IMO.

For me the three W's who are propping up the table will all pick up points here and there. It's still too early to say who will go down.

Put it this way, there's so much shite in the league they'll stay up by default. Pardew might not be Bill Shankly but he's certainly no Joe 'corpse' Kinnear.

Anything anyone predicts at this time is just that, a prediction. I'm more than happy for this to be dragged up in May and be pointed and laughed at if I'm wrong. Pretty sure I won't be though.

A sad day for Newcastle United. Where they go from here is anyone's guess. Is Alan Pardew really a better manager than Chris Hughton? Don't think so.

He's a worse manager than Hughton, and won't have the support from the players which Hughton did.

Of all the bizarre decisions Ashley has made since taking over Newcastle, this one has to be the worst.

He's a worse manager than Hughton, and won't have the support from the players which Hughton did.

Of all the bizarre decisions Ashley has made since taking over Newcastle, this one has to be the worst.

It's bizarre from a footballing point of view, because Pardew is awful. It's not that bizarre when you look at the fact that Pardew is big china's with Ashley and co. Old pals act.

Nah, appointing Joke Kinnear beats it for me.

I have a feeling Pardew will do OK.

Put it this way, there's so much shite in the league they'll stay up by default. Pardew might not be Bill Shankly but he's certainly no Joe 'corpse' Kinnear.

Anything anyone predicts at this time is just that, a prediction. I'm more than happy for this to be dragged up in May and be pointed and laughed at if I'm wrong. Pretty sure I won't be though.

I don't think there's as much shite as you say though. Certainly I can't see a team staying up with 35 points as has happened the last couple of years. No one is getting cut adrift and for all their flaws the bottom three have all had their moments this season. Wolves should have a lot more points for example, they have missed bucketloads of chances in most of their games.

Nah, appointing Joke Kinnear beats it for me.

I have a feeling Pardew will do OK.

The thing with Kinnear, whilst being an absolute joke of a person and as a manager, he was brought in when Ashley was trying to sell the club and was never given a full contract. This appointment is planned. Totally ridiculous!

The thing with Kinnear, whilst being an absolute joke of a person and as a manager, he was brought in when Ashley was trying to sell the club and was never given a full contract. This appointment is planned. Totally ridiculous!

Very true. Unless, of course, you count the "three year contract" he claimed to have been offered after his heart attack. (I'm not imagining things, Sweary Joe did claim that, didn't he? :blink:)

Archived