The Falkirk FC Thread

How was the game mate. Who played well and not so well

Only watched the first half as I had to head back to college. Which is typical considering I missed the massive turn around. From what I saw, I liked the look of our right midfielder. Small but tricky (think he was number 16). The thing I got from the game was that the pars team was doing a lot more talking that our lot were. Never shut up and put each other in place. Our lot seemed to consist of Alan maybury shouting at everyone from the centre half position. We were fairly poor first half. Quite annoyed I had to go back to college.

And all it gained you was a pumping of some Liechtenstein team and more heartbreak in a cup final, gutted for you.

He is a good championship player, I've never tried to claim otherwise. In Sean Dyche Burnley have a manager who's capable of moulding a team who's better than the sum of it's parts(The exact type of manager Scotland need) and that suits Arfield, he isn't any better than any of the players in the squad though and at 27 he wouldn't improve to help the squad in the future. McGinn might.

Bryson was similar, was doing great in the championship, had plenty of people calling for a cap(Every Kilmarnock fan) and he was absolutely atrocious.

You were told to f**k off.

Absolutely no one is calling for McGinn to play for Scotland right now. GS has regularly called young players up to have around the first team to get them used to being apart of the senior squad. Scott Arfield is a decent player but not good enough for Scotland.

I personally don't think he is anything out of the ordinary however had he played for a more fashionable club in Scotland he would have had a crack. I think it would have been fair to give him a game or two to see how good he was at that level. He would have comfortably got a game at Celtic for example in the last two seasons.

As for McGinn I suspect he will get a crack at some point to see if he is up to it. Is he anything out of the ordinary? Not really convinced either TBH.

Scott Allen for me is miles in front of anything in the Hibs midfield this year IMO. I thought he was terrific last season. I don't have the same fear of anyone this season as I had last.

I must've missed Bryson doing it in the English premier league....

I think you should stick to the whelks an such in the seaside leagues and worry about another loss in the balance sheets albeit this loss may have a positive twist

Comparatively speaking Bryson at the time was doing better in the championship ship than Arfield has ever managed, he was still shit.

Don't you worry your little cotton socks, we'll see you next year xox

Vaduz (Switzerland) > Hafnarfjordur (Iceland). IMO.

Nae chance.

I can see why Arfield hasn't and was never likely to play for Scotland, which isn't really that big a deal, really.

He's a much better player than Forrest (although they're hardly similar type players to be comparing) or Armstrong currently, though, and I'm a big fan of Armstrong. Armstrong would be as well trying to get down south as quickly as possible and start testing himself against a better standard of player. I've not seen as much of McDonald recently, but I'd say he's better than Arfield, anyway.

He probably is better than Forrest as a complete player, as a fast wide man though Forrest suits the role better which is why he got picked.

You were told to f**k off.

Doubt anyone, anywhere would care if you told them to f**k off, let alone on a forum tbh.

Comparatively speaking Bryson at the time was doing better in the championship ship than Arfield has ever managed, he was still shit.

Nae chance.

He probably is better than Forrest as a complete player, as a fast wide man though Forrest suits the role better which is why he got picked.

Doubt anyone, anywhere would care if you told them to f**k off, let alone on a forum tbh.

Nah mate, it's because he plays for ra Sellick!

Nae chance.

Still here craving attention? Pathetic :lol:

Nah mate, it's because he plays for ra Sellick!

That certainly helps, if he had more composure and could actually produce something in the final third he'd be an absolute #baller

Still here craving attention? Pathetic :lol:

If you're having a meltdown at the mere presence of a fan of another team posting on a thread with a differing opinion to yourself then PnB isn't the place for you petal, off you trot and go watch paint dry.

If you're having a meltdown at the mere presence of a fan of another team posting on a thread with a differing opinion to yourself then PnB isn't the place for you petal, off you trot and go watch paint dry.

You just can't help yourself eh? The gift that keeps on giving. If anything, it is your meltdown based on fans of a former player championing him to get a call up for the national squad. Wouldn't want to ruin your precious Scotland away days though by including a player who would be no more than a squad player.

You just can't help yourself eh? The gift that keeps on giving. If anything, it is your meltdown based on fans of a former player championing him to get a call up for the national squad. Wouldn't want to ruin your precious Scotland away days though by including a player who would be no more than a squad player.

Haven't seen Grant posting anything outrageous here? Think you need to calm doon.

Haven't seen Grant posting anything outrageous here? Think you need to calm doon.

In fairness to Trump, Grant has on a couple of occasions at least gotten pretty worked up just by the mere suggestion of Arfield getting a call up. He's entitled to his opinions obviously, but I can't say I've seen him being so bothered at any other suggestions.

Edit: Anyway, this whole conversation has run its course, I think.

Edited by Kris.

Having nothing better to do, I decided to compare our current position after 25 games to where we were last year after 25 games.

League Position:

Currently 3rd, compared to 5th at the same stage last season. We're 19 points clear inside the play-off positions this season, too. Whilst last year we were outside of them, albeit on GD.

Points Total:

As well as being a couple of places better off, we've also got 11 points more than we did last season.

Goals Scored:

Not a great difference here. 41 goals scored so far this season, which is only 3 more than last season.

Goals Conceded:

Significant improvement here though. Only 20 conceded in 25 games this year, compared to 34 last season.

Goal Difference:

+20 this year, +4 last year. Huge improvement.

Wins/Draws/Losses:

14 wins so far, 4 more than last year. 8 draws to 9 of last year, and impressively we've lost half as many games: 3 to last years 6. We haven't lost to anyone outside of the top 2 this year, although we've only won once in six matches against the two above us.

A big improvement in all areas, except the goals for column, although we're averaging 1.64 goals scored a game, which is pretty decent. Particularly when you consider that Hibs, who on paper have a greater attacking threat than ourselves, are only averaging 1.7 a game.

Interestingly, with still 11 games to go, we've already equalled the amount of league wins we got in the entirety of last season and are only 3 points shy of last seasons points total. We're only 7 goals short of last seasons league total, too.

In the final 11 games last season, we won just 4, drew 2 and lost 5, finishing on 53 points. We only scored 10 goals, and conceded 14, not great. Only 2 of our last 11 games are against Hibs & Sevco, so plenty of opportunity against the other sides to really blow last seasons totals out of the water.

If we were to end the season on a similar run to last year, we'd finish on 18 wins, 10 draws and 8 defeats, leaving us with 64 points, and likely comfortably in 3rd position. As well as 51 goals scored, an average of 1.4 a game, and 34 conceded, an average of 0.9. GD would be +17, to last years 0. I'd take that tbh, but think we can do better.

:)

Having nothing better to do, I decided to compare our current position after 25 games to where we were last year after 25 games.

League Position:

Currently 3rd, compared to 5th at the same stage last season. We're 19 points clear inside the play-off positions this season, too. Whilst last year we were outside of them, albeit on GD.

Points Total:

As well as being a couple of places better off, we've also got 11 points more than we did last season.

Goals Scored:

Not a great difference here. 41 goals scored so far this season, which is only 3 more than last season.

Goals Conceded:

Significant improvement here though. Only 20 conceded in 25 games this year, compared to 34 last season.

Goal Difference:

Wins/Draws/Losses:

14 wins so far, 4 more than last year. 8 draws to 9 of last year, and impressively we've lost half as many games: 3 to last years 6. We haven't lost to anyone outside of the top 2 this year, although we've only won once in six matches against the two above us.

A big improvement in all areas, except the goals for column, although we're averaging 1.64 goals scored a game, which is pretty decent. Particularly when you consider that Hibs, who on paper have a greater attacking threat than ourselves, are only averaging 1.7 a game.

Interestingly, with still 11 games to go, we've already equalled the amount of league wins we got in the entirety of last season and are only 3 points shy of last seasons points total. We're only 7 goals short of last seasons league total, too.

In the final 11 games last season, we won just 4, drew 2 and lost 5, finishing on 53 points. We only scored 10 goals, and conceded 14, not great. Only 2 of our last 11 games are against Hibs & Sevco, so plenty of opportunity against the other sides to really blow last seasons totals out of the water.

If we were to end the season on a similar run to last year, we'd finish on 18 wins, 10 draws and 8 defeats, leaving us with 64 points, and likely comfortably in 3rd position. As well as 51 goals scored, an average of 1.4 a game, and 34 conceded, an average of 0.9. GD would be +17, to last years 0. I'd take that tbh, but think we can do better.

Hopefully after last week Baird is back on the goal trail after a dry spell. Not sure if he'll get one against QotS this weekend right enough.

Would like to see more of O'Hara but it's hard to leave big Lee out when his link up play is so good.

See no reason why we can't do a lot better though. Rather naively I still hold some hope that we can catch Hibs. Would be a massive boost in the playoffs to have one less round to play.

Keeping an eye on bottom of Premier too - whilst nothing would please me more than putting Killie down, if we were to get that far and get them and not make id have a serious meltdown.

They were dire against Rangers so defo think we could take them.

Edited by BountyBairn

In fairness to Trump, Grant has on a couple of occasions at least gotten pretty worked up just by the mere suggestion of Arfield getting a call up. He's entitled to his opinions obviously, but I can't say I've seen him being so bothered at any other suggestions.

Edit: Anyway, this whole conversation has run its course, I think.

Should see me when someone suggests that Mulgrew should start.

<Seething

Wouldn't say I get worked up at all tbh.

League Position:

Points Total:

Goals Scored:

Goals Conceded:

Goal Difference:

Wins/Draws/Losses:

Mediocrity

[quote name="BountyBairn" post="10218717" timestamp=

Keeping an eye on bottom of Premier too - whilst nothing would please me more than putting Killie down, if we were to get that far and get them and not make id have a serious meltdown..

OMG - us v Killie...what a thought. Cup Final. Ollie. Relegation decider. Ryan Flynn...

Nah, we'd lose again. Wouldn't we?