The Falkirk FC Thread

I heard he would very much like to stay but has been advised by his agent to hold out and see what other offers he can get

Not surprised really as the agent will be looking for a bigger cut as much as getting Blair a decent deal. If he was offered a decent deal down south then you couldn't argue at him moving on but it would be a bit disappointing if he ends up at St Johnstone or Ross County or something similar.

If he goes to St Johnstone or Ross County would he be bettering himself? Has playing for St Johnstone made Tam Scobbie a better player?

Tam's better now than he was when he first arrived in fairness. He's also played in 4 European campaigns and helped us to the Scottish Cup. Difference might be that that where we are now is probably Tam's ceiling, whereas Alston probably fancies himself to play at a higher level than we can take him to. If he does sign for us or the likes of County (who pay much more than we do) it'll be another stepping stone IMO.

Tam will also have earned a decent amount more over the past few seasons than he would've got with us considering the then state of our finances. I'd like to think that now we are on a decent financial keel we'll be able to compete a bit better with the smaller SPL sides. However if the likes of even Dundee come calling we have no chance. Just take Rory Loy for instance.

Tam will also have earned a decent amount more over the past few seasons than he would've got with us considering the then state of our finances. I'd like to think that now we are on a decent financial keel we'll be able to compete a bit better with the smaller SPL sides. However if the likes of even Dundee come calling we have no chance. Just take Rory Loy for instance.

Did you see what Scobbie was making the last 3 years of his deal?

He's probably still on less than that at St Johnstone. Hard to believe they pay more than that.

Scobbie was still on his Premier league wage though at that point. There was no way in hell we were going to be offering anything near that or anything near what St Johnstone could at the time even if it wasn't more than what he was on. He has therefore earned a lot more at St Johnstone since he left us than he would if he had stayed.

Scobbie was still on his Premier league wage though at that point. There was no way in hell we were going to be offering anything near that or anything near what St Johnstone could at the time even if it wasn't more than what he was on. He has therefore earned a lot more at St Johnstone since he left us than he would if he had stayed.

Definitely.

A few SPL teams tried to sign him buy he was getting so much at Falkirk he turned down a step up.

So glad our board were on the ball in 2009 signing all those tasty pay deals.

On a personal note my favourite match at Brockville was most probably a win over Dunfermline in the early 90s - Dunfermline scored and their fans duly celebrated like f'ck, it took a moment or two though to twig that something wasn't quite right and Dunfermline cheers turned to Falkirk cheers when the goal was firstly disallowed ... and then a Dunfermline player (Neale Cooper) was sent off for a foul in the build up. Utter scenes ^_^

I was there, I remember it well. Sandy Roy was the ref. The lino was flagging like f**k and the fans were all trying to tell the ref. They even got the ball back to the centre spot before he twigged.

I was there, I remember it well. Sandy Roy was the ref. The lino was flagging like f**k and the fans were all trying to tell the ref. They even got the ball back to the centre spot before he twigged.

Don't ever mention that c**t's name in this thread again.

I like Sibbald as a player, but in my opinion I think he's too inconsistent to get a move to a big club. Some games he's all over teams skinning players for fun but other games it looks like Maddy McCann will get passed the ball before he does, I think the best that he will ever do is a top 6 premiership club or a bottom half league one team.

Muirhead signs 2 year extension.

Interesting one...2 years would suggest he's seen as part of longer term core of the team, hopefully at C/H (considering how well he played in Partick's team) rather than stop-gap full back. Him & Grant would be a superb pairing next season.