The Falkirk FC Thread

Curtis confirmed that Guidolin made the decision to make six changes to the Swansea starting XI, including a Premier League debut for left-back Stephen Kingsley.

"I thought he (Kingsley), was outstanding. He put a couple of great crosses in and defended really well," said Curtis.

Not bad for a so called "smaller" team that we can have 2 academy graduates who we sold on playing in the English Premiership. COYB!!

That will be me 8)

Cheers Thundermonkey. PM me if you want a credit or a link.

Edit- or a pint if you think there's any chance of ICT and Falkirk being in the same league before I pop my clogs :lol:

Edited by The Mantis

Are the Irish lads still on trial or does anyone know if they have been sent packing?

The team that they were over with left Saturday night after the game and went back to Ireland.

Great to see the club look further a field for players.

Just thinking, whilst we may still go up through playoffs assuming that we don't who do folk think we'll be likely to loose in the summer?

Vaulks, Sibbs, Alston? Leahy?

Would love to keep them but not sure if that's just pie in the sky if we don't go up.

Not added Grant due to his injury - would be very happy with him and Muirhead at CH.

Leahy's just signed a new contract so I can't see him moving on till next year at the earliest. Vaulks and Sibbs I would expect we would be looking for a decent amount of cash for but Alston will probably be moving on if we don't go up.

^^^This

Leahy's just signed a new contract so I can't see him moving on till next year at the earliest. Vaulks and Sibbs I would expect we would be looking for a decent amount of cash for but Alston will probably be moving on if we don't go up.

What if someone makes an offer for Leahy though?

My feeling is that if there had been teams sniffing about him his agent would've played hard ball till the summer at least . The fact that he's signed for another year says to me that there has been little or no interest. Or certainly no interest that can offer more than we can at presen

Edited by Shadwell Dog

Kingsley's first Premiership start tonight. Good on him.

Kingsley looks like a proper athlete these days, I'd really love to see him play for Scotland some day and I think he's got a shot at it.

Can he play CB? He looked a very decent player but with Robertson and Tierney it's probably the only position in the squad where we look sorted, he looked far bigger than I remember him. Could so with one of them being able to play right back.

Can he play CB? He looked a very decent player but with Robertson and Tierney it's probably the only position in the squad where we look sorted, he looked far bigger than I remember him. Could so with one of them being able to play right back.

He can, yeah, played there plenty times in his first couple of seasons.

Taiwo in Kerr position id think no?[/quote

Tommy Taiwo was playing well before his injury..he went from a player I couldn't see it in to a guy I really rated if he can rediscover his form which isn't easy of course after a long term injury he could be a big player for us in the run in...Kerr has been a master stroke by houstie...most of us were underwhelmed when he came back....but he's a different more rounded player than the player that left he's a really intelligent footballer knows his limitations now & is generally excellent ....my fear is will vaulks I think he is far better in midfield than defence & I think it's time to go with muirhead in the middle of defence & bring in either McCann or someone from the youth team at right back..is Gallagher left or right sided?....anyway with mcgrandles out we are one midfielder short ...must be someone available on a free for cover

Aye okay...maybe underwhelmed is unfair but the point stands Kerr has been better than we thought as agreed has Miller ....knocked back by Ferranti thistle who thought white was a better option...a decision that will in all probability relegate them... I am as nostalgic as you for brockville & we will never replicate that atmosphere