The Falkirk FC Thread

5 hours ago, BountyBairn said:

I know this has been covered before but anyone think there's a realistic change of Houston adopting a 3-5-2 playing Grant, Gasparotto and McCracken?

A back line of Kidd, Gasparotto, Grant and Leahy with Rogers in goals is very inexperienced - but you want to be playing Gasparotto and Grant as they are both young with potential (more so Grant than Gasparotto)

Might be an option given we've no right back. Watson didn't look comfortable there at all, his distribution was shocking in particular. We would still have the problem of who to play in the right wing back role though and I'm not sure that Houston would want to start Grant when he's had no 1st team action yet?

I think Gasparotto needs his partner at the back to play well or he seems to fall apart. I don't think it was a coincidence that he played badly yesterday with McCracken having a 'mare beside him.

I don't think we have the players for 3 at the back, all our centre halves are not superb on the ground and I personally feel you need at least one of them to be very comfortable on the ball, Vaulks would've been ideal.

I'd guess its a slowly slowly approach to get Grant back in, I think it may have not been in the plans if he had to come on when Luca went down in the first half on Saturday and the plan may have been that if we had a two goal cushion, we may have seen Grant on Saturday for 10 mins or so. I'd expect he has to get 90 mins in with the development team afore he is considered for starting.

3 hours ago, MrDust said:

I'd guess its a slowly slowly approach to get Grant back in..... I'd expect he has to get 90 mins in with the development team afore he is considered for starting.

He already got 90 minutes in last Monday at Airdrie. If he does that again tonight then he would probably be in contention for a starting place at Tannadice.

He already got 90 minutes in last Monday at Airdrie. If he does that again tonight then he would probably be in contention for a starting place at Tannadice.

Totally agree.

Also, even if he plays 90mins tonight there's 5 days rest between games.

Although I notice Gallagher isn't in tonight's squad. Could he be getting a start on Sat in one of the full back slots?

3 hours ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

I Thot he'd only had a 45 and 70 odd mins under his belt.

Sounds like he maybe in contention for Saturday depending on what goes on tonight, training and how Grant feels himself. 

Here's hoping Grant is ready to come back. Even if it's just playing in a back 4 and Luca or McCracken drops out.

totally agree that Luca struggled cause McCracken is having a mare but I just can't see Luca and Grant as a CH pairing, abilities aside it's a very inexperienced pairing and we shouldn't dismiss what McCracken brings in that sense. RB slot is a major worry though. Been a problem for years and while Kidd has done pretty well it's still a soft spot we've had for far too long.

13 minutes ago, Crawford Baptie said:

Hagi played that role effectively the Jobbie season. Don't see why Leahy couldn't at least do a better job than Watson there.

Or Gallagher for that matter. Someone mentioned that he'd played at RB before.

3 hours ago, RC55 FFC said:

Although I notice Gallagher isn't in tonight's squad. Could he be getting a start on Sat in one of the full back slots?

I strongly suspect Gallacher will start at the weekend, maybe along with O' Hara. They'll be playing in Andorra though.

Both are away with Scotland Under 19s. Games tomorrow, Thursday and Sunday.

Do try and keep up, old chap. :P

2 minutes ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

I strongly suspect Gallacher will start at the weekend, maybe along with O' Hara. They'll be playing in Andorra though.

Do try and keep up, old chap. :P

There maybe a chance Gallagher has been pulled out u19 to feature on Saturday, like he was last time for his first start 

3 hours ago, MrDust said:

I Thot he'd only had a 45 and 70 odd mins under his belt.

Sounds like he maybe in contention for Saturday depending on what goes on tonight, training and how Grant feels himself. 

He got 45 against Hamilton and I think 70 against Killie, though I missed that game so I'm not certain. It was definitely 90 last week. Tonight was his fourth game back after injury.

2 minutes ago, MrDust said:

There maybe a chance Gallagher has been pulled out u19 to feature on Saturday, like he was last time for his first start 

He was given his first start against a lower league side though. Houston seems to be very cautious about throwing young players in so I can't see him making his first league start in an away match at Tannadice. 

Do try and keep up, old chap. [emoji14]

That's explains it....

2 minutes ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

He was given his first start against a lower league side though. Houston seems to be very cautious about throwing young players in so I can't see him making his first league start in an away match at Tannadice. 

Came through the game with flying colours and Houstie on record saying Finlayson not ready, so who knows. I  see O'Hara not playing tonight and not even on the park on Saturday probably the case for the u19 Scotland case

I do recall seeing Kingsley coming through at left back at tannadice as 16 or 17yr old in the cup, infact its one of his best games for me at that age, altho he did lose his way a bit after it. Houstie tho I suppose wont throw someone in too early