The Falkirk FC Thread

The Chairman and other board members are anonymous at the moment. It's time we had some communication with the fans on what's going on. Recent events would suggest all is not well and unless changes are made it doesn't bode well for the future. I hope we don't get any more money for selling players as I wouldn't trust them with the cash.

It's time for the support to rise up again.

Just because Rankin meets Queens standards doesn't mean he meets ours. 6 months of wasted wages, wages that had been previously been paid to a player ten times as good the season before. 

When I saw the headline Madness at the Falkirk Stadium I just presumed it was just another one of Houstons team selections and on the subject of completing the ground do you think we should make enquires?

_93816677_13255204.jpg

Edited by Shadwell Dog

Just because Rankin meets Queens standards doesn't mean he meets ours. 6 months of wasted wages, wages that had been previously been paid to a player ten times as good the season before. 
When I saw the headline Madness at the Falkirk Stadium I just presumed it was just another one of Houstons team selections and on the subject of completing the ground do you think we should make enquires?
_93816677_13255204.jpg

I don't understand why there's a photo of Ryan Christie in this post with absolutely no context to it whatsoever.

We aren't going to win the league, we might make the play offs.

The board by the looks of it are trying to force Houston's hand and make him quit.

At this point I suspect that he will go in the Summer. There will be a few players going and any new guy coming in will have money and existing budget to play with.

1 minute ago, Crawford Baptie said:

We aren't going to win the league, we might make the play offs.

The board by the looks of it are trying to force Houston's hand and make him quit.

At this point I suspect that he will go in the Summer. There will be a few players going and any new guy coming in will have money and existing budget to play with.

Crowds have been holding up remarkably well given the dross on view but you would have to imagine season ticket sales will fall off a cliff if we continue like this until the end of the season.

Manager appears to have lost the dressing room and the BOD are a shower of moribund nonentities.

Shambles.

On Saturday 4th February the Fund Raising Sportsman's Breakfast is being held in the Park Hotel, Falkirk, It starts at 10.30am until around 1.30pm. There are a few tickets left. The speakers are Bill Copeland, who will MC the morning and speakers are Scott Glynn and John Gahagan. Also in attendance to support Gordon McFarlane and his Family are some former players and managers who you will be able to mix with throughout the morning

The former players who have confirmed are

Jamie McGowan
Alex Totten
Alex Smith
Kevin McAllister
Scott McKenzie
Crawford Baptie
Sammy McGivern
Tam McManus

There are one or two others who are still to confirm they will be there.

You get a full Breakfast and there will be a raffle and auction of club memorabilia.

Prices are £35 each or if you have a table of 10 it is £30 a head. (Only two full tables left)

It is for a great cause and wraps up the fund raising effort to get the Big Man home.

If you want to book a seat or table PM me and I will give you the lad you need to speak to.

For the 130 who are already coming thanks for the support and we will try to ensure you have a great day.

COYB

3 hours ago, Back Post Misses said:

On Saturday 4th February the Fund Raising Sportsman's Breakfast is being held in the Park Hotel, Falkirk, It starts at 10.30am until around 1.30pm. There are a few tickets left. The speakers are Bill Copeland, who will MC the morning and speakers are Scott Glynn and John Gahagan. Also in attendance to support Gordon McFarlane and his Family are some former players and managers who you will be able to mix with throughout the morning

The former players who have confirmed are

Jamie McGowan
Alex Totten
Alex Smith
Kevin McAllister
Scott McKenzie
Crawford Baptie
Sammy McGivern
Tam McManus

There are one or two others who are still to confirm they will be there.

You get a full Breakfast and there will be a raffle and auction of club memorabilia.

Prices are £35 each or if you have a table of 10 it is £30 a head. (Only two full tables left)

It is for a great cause and wraps up the fund raising effort to get the Big Man home.

If you want to book a seat or table PM me and I will give you the lad you need to speak to.

For the 130 who are already coming thanks for the support and we will try to ensure you have a great day.

COYB

Could we get Houstie along and get him wrecked so he doesn't get near the team sheet? Best chance of a result later in the day. 

Do the board want rid of Houston ( remember his reason for leaving DU was lack of funds from the board ) or are they just tight fisted money men?

Who knows they only communicate with supporters when they want money

There's little point in the BoD throwing money at this season though.....

Personally, I'd like a bit of clarity as to what the board are up to. If, as I suspect they are, saving up for next season providing United and Hibs leave then say so; they have the Season Ticket money from this season, and with a statement as such would for next season likely garner a similar volume as this season?

26 minutes ago, bairnabeau said:

Personally, I'd like a bit of clarity as to what the board are up to. If, as I suspect they are, saving up for next season providing United and Hibs leave then say so; they have the Season Ticket money from this season, and with a statement as such would for next season likely garner a similar volume as this season?

I get your point but if we sign good players in the summer and clearly are splashing the readies - the season tickets will sell well.

We don't need a statement to sell tickets. To be fair I'd rather do our talking in the transfer market and not a Dave King type statement.

That old chestnut? Not another season of waiting until the opposition is weaker FFS. Truth is they'll always be teams bigger and better or chairmen willing to put their hand in their pockets speculating to accumulate.

Even if Hamilton, Ross County, ICT or Partick Thistle were to come down we'd still say let's wait till their out the league as their too big to compete again with their premier players and budgets blah blah

I'm not wearing anymore of this nonsense... Let's do the decent thing for the fans, let's spend some decent money and let's have an honest attempt to win promotion instead of taking the cheap option and trying to slip through the back door. We've spouted this type of sh*t for much to long