The Falkirk FC Thread

42 minutes ago, Hannibal Lecturer said:

Jesus, you do know we won today. You are a miserable c**t at times. 

Aye, we've been pish and it's horrible, but enjoy it when we win and played well. 

That was during the game when I posted that.  It's a much needed 3 points but you would expect to beat a team 7 points adrift at the bottom of the league. Next week will tell us if we really have got things sorted outWe need to start going on a run as DU are their for the taking.

Today's result and improved performance underlines how ridiculous Houston's team selection was last week. We aren't a big enough club that we can stick 2nd string teams out in Scottish cup matches.Especially when we rely on income from these games and transfer cash to break even.

That was during the game when I posted that.  It's a much needed 3 points but you would expect to beat a team 7 points adrift at the bottom of the league. Next week will tell us if we really have got things sorted outWe need to start going on a run as DU are their for the taking.
Today's result and improved performance underlines how ridiculous Houston's team selection was last week. We aren't a big enough club that we can stick 2nd string teams out in Scottish cup matches.Especially when we rely on income from these games and transfer cash to break even.

We won't lose to those c***s next week, never

49 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Was hardly a second string team though, was it? 3 changes this week from last, Leahy, Grant & Baird replacing Gallagher, McCracken & Craigen. It was more down to the formation last week I felt and we were well in the game until Morton scored.

2 minutes ago, ShaggerG said:

Was hardly a second string team though, was it? 3 changes this week from last, Leahy, Grant & Baird replacing Gallagher, McCracken & Craigen. It was more down to the formation last week I felt and we were well in the game until Morton scored.

Was McCracken injuried or has Houstie at last sussed out he is done?

3 minutes ago, keithgy said:

Was McCracken injuried or has Houstie at last sussed out he is done?

I would guess that he had an injury as Houstie does seem to like to have 2 CBs on the bench. If he was fit he'd probably have left out Kidd or Craigen?

Just now, ShaggerG said:

I would guess that he had an injury as Houstie does seem to like to have 2 CBs on the bench. If he was fit he'd probably have left out Kidd or Craigen?

I don't understand leaving Kidd out as he was playing ok till he got injuried,not a world beater but I think he is better than Muirhead at RB.

3 minutes ago, keithgy said:

I don't understand leaving Kidd out as he was playing ok till he got injuried,not a world beater but I think he is better than Muirhead at RB.

Gives me the fear defensively. I think wee Smith would have given him a hard time today. I would certainly have had him on the bench though but, as I say, he may have been one of the possible fall guys if McCracken was available?

Gives me the fear defensively. I think wee Smith would have given him a hard time today. I would certainly have had him on the bench though but, as I say, he may have been one of the possible fall guys if McCracken was available?

McCracken was fit & able to play today but was dropped from the squad according to PH on FFCTV.

1 hour ago, RC55 FFC said:

McCracken was fit & able to play today but was dropped from the squad according to PH on FFCTV.

I'm surprised at that TBH. Apparently the coaches aren't too happy with Luca's condition so makes me wonder why he was in the squad and McCracken wasn't?

8 hours ago, ShaggerG said:

Your going to struggle big time with Watson and McCracken at the back and craigen anywhere in the team. Only Houston knows why Grant was on the bench as he's surely got to be one of the first names on the team sheet every week. Gallachers a fantastic prospect but Leahy was very unlucky to get dropped in the first place as there were a number of others who should've been benched first. It was a ludicrous choice of players and tactics and has cost us a decent wad of cash. Houston has been bleeting about not having cash to spend and yet he may just have got some if he hadn't made a mess of things against morton.

Edited by Shadwell Dog

Your going to struggle big time with Watson and McCracken at the back and craigen anywhere in the team. Only Houston knows why Grant was on the bench as he's surely got to be one of the first names on the team sheet every week. Gallachers a fantastic prospect but Leahy was very unlucky to get dropped in the first place as there were a number of others who should've been benched first. It was a ludicrous choice of players and tactics and has cost us a decent wad of cash. Houston has been bleeting about not having cash to spend and yet he may just have got some if he hadn't made a mess of things against morton.

Got to agree with this, it was as if the cup was unimportant. A ridiculous team selection for such an important game

35 minutes ago, Trump said:

Get over it. Managers, much like players and any other humans, make mistakes. The important thing was he learned from his mistakes and rectified it yesterday. I'm no Houston lover but it's like a broken record on here.

That was only our 2nd win in the last 8 matches. Taking him far too long to rectify his mistakes.  He hasn't managed to get rid of Craigen or Kidd yet for starters.