The Falkirk FC Thread

A good % of roasters! Every section of every stadium has that, no more, no less than any other and not the exclusive preserve of the Main Stand. Houston reacts way too often & way too easily. But I agree support the team first and foremost.

You say Mr Safety, I say Mr Stubborn. 3 years of missed opportunities & repeated mistakes. This season more than any other we've blown a golden chance to win the league with consistently baffling signings & selections. Exhibit 1 - to select Baird before all other options is crazy! But that is one of many.

7 games - so support the team fair enough but if we don't go up...how many more games do we give Mr Safety?

You like your !'s. Calm down ffs. As I said a good % of that main stand rarely follow the team away from home and go way over the top criticising.

If we don't go up and the league has no clubs with huge financial advantage and we decide to spend the war chest I would not give it to Houston personally but he will get the opportunity IMO. Not that I think he has done a particularly bad job but his teams don't get me off my seat TBH.

I still have a sneaking suspicion we will go up though or certain get to the final again. Paradoxically I would trust him to keep us up with his pragmatic approach.

Time to pull together

I sit in the main stand behind the dugout and am surrounded by thoroughly decent people who in the main are supportive of the players. There are a few complete roasters though whose voices are heard above all others even from some distance. I do think there is a genuine belief among most fans at the moment that certain things aren't working or Kerr and taiwo together and Baird this gets us off on the wrong foot especially like the first twenty minutes yesterday which was awful to watch. Again we ended up the stronger team though imo we ran out of time though so why not start like this or change earlier?

55 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

You like your !'s. Calm down ffs. As I said a good % of that main stand rarely follow the team away from home and go way over the top criticising.

If we don't go up and the league has no clubs with huge financial advantage and we decide to spend the war chest I would not give it to Houston personally but he will get the opportunity IMO. Not that I think he has done a particularly bad job but his teams don't get me off my seat TBH.

I still have a sneaking suspicion we will go up though or certain get to the final again. Paradoxically I would trust him to keep us up with his pragmatic approach.

Time to pull together

There's always going to be sides with a decent financial advantage . If Morton somehow won the playoffs we could face 3 sides with bigger budgets especially if someone like Dundee came down. 

we're unlikely to have as much of a gulf financially as we had with rangers hearts and hibs though. ICT/dundee/ hamilton/ motherwell we should be giving them a run for their money tbh thats when i would be expecting us to be title challengers

I was working at the stadium yesterday so went in all the stands and got to say, it's a cracking new stadium that could be rocking with the right crowd.

It has done on a good few occasions yeah. St Mirren fans were great yesterday (in terms of noise) but on our day our fans can be an extra man.

Was speaking to a couple of people yesterday at the stadium and it's great to hear, finally, a lot of real positive noises being made about the new East stand.

It has done on a good few occasions yeah. St Mirren fans were great yesterday (in terms of noise) but on our day our fans can be an extra man.

Was speaking to a couple of people yesterday at the stadium and it's great to hear, finally, a lot of real positive noises being made about the new East stand.

Good to hear 're the east stand.

I think that's where we'd buy our season tickets. Nearest the car and at least is gets some sun! Freezing again yesterday in the main stand despite the sun shining

Good to hear 're the east stand.

I think that's where we'd buy our season tickets. Nearest the car and at least is gets some sun! Freezing again yesterday in the main stand despite the sun shining

I'd move to the East stand also. That's where we stood at Brockville (shed) and it'd be a like for like view.

If the ticket price was the same it would be good if we could move from one stand to another during the game like we did at Brockville. I'd maybe sit in the ES when we're attacking the away end and move round when we switch ends.

I can't see how building an extra stand will improve the atmosphere. We will just end up with three half empty stands. The problem lies on the park a team playing well creates the atmosphere not how many stands you have.

1 minute ago, DCBairn said:

I can't see how building an extra stand will improve the atmosphere. We will just end up with three half empty stands. The problem lies on the park a team playing well creates the atmosphere not how many stands you have.

Having the park surrounded by stands will help as would filling in the corners.

I think the free u12s has been a great thing and one of the reasons our crowds have really held up and so many young folks and families attend. Bodes well for the future.

Where I sit there's lots of kids with there parents. Which is only good for the future of FFC

Did you greet Henderson warmly by the throat?

13 hours ago, bridge of allan bairn said:

I think the free u12s has been a great thing and one of the reasons our crowds have really held up and so many young folks and families attend. Bodes well for the future.

Agree with this totally. Absolutely loads of kids at our games. 

If we can keep building the support like we have over the last few seasons there will be genuine demand for a fourth stand in the not too distant future.