The Falkirk FC Thread

Dundee's form looks woeful, at a glance, but since they last won they've lost to St Johnstone, Celtic and Aberdeen which could probably be written off as losses no matter what form they were in. The last game they won they put 5 past Motherwell at fir park and the game before that they beat Rangers which are both decent results. The Celtic loss was only by one goal as well which I think says something as that Celtic team would eat us alive currently.

They also have El Bakhtaoui who is capable of finding goals from nowhere and would be a stinger to get done by a Pars hero. 

Edited by PipoIsABairn

48 minutes ago, PipoIsABairn said:

Dundee's form looks woeful, at a glance, but since they last won they've lost to St Johnstone, Celtic and Aberdeen which could probably be written off as losses no matter what form they were in. The last game they won they put 5 past Motherwell at fir park and the game before that they beat Rangers which are both decent results. The Celtic loss was only by one goal as well which I think says something as that Celtic team would eat us alive currently.

They also have El Bakhtaoui who is capable of finding goals from nowhere and would be a stinger to get done by a Pars hero. 

El Bakhtaoui has scored a massive 3 goals this season. He'd be easy meat compared to Magennis last season.

Edited by Shadwell Dog

I'd be up for Dundee, decent grass pitch for our two touch stuff. As long as baldy Pete buys Luca some new sondico studs we will go up.

He has become a bit of liability on the ground and we're fortunate not to be getting punished for some of the recent howlers.

Different story in the air however where he and big Grantsy would header their grannies into kingdom come if need be [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Looking at the play offs, it would be Hamilton for me too but I know this wouldn't be easy. I'm assuming of course that we get past the Arabs and whoever else.
We have a much bigger squad this year but I still feel we lack that physicality that let us down last year, men against boys was the order of the day at Rugby Park if I recall correctly. Let's hope Killie were a one off last year.

11 minutes ago, bejazz1 said:

Looking at the play offs, it would be Hamilton for me too but I know this wouldn't be easy. I'm assuming of course that we get past the Arabs and whoever else.
We have a much bigger squad this year but I still feel we lack that physicality that let us down last year, men against boys was the order of the day at Rugby Park if I recall correctly. Let's hope Killie were a one off last year.

I've never seen such a physical team as Killie in that 2nd leg. Most of their team looked like they should be playing Rugby not footy.

Certainly no team from the bottom teams this year are that physical.

6 hours ago, Shadwell Dog said:

El Bakhtaoui has scored a massive 3 goals this season. He'd be easy meat compared to Magennis last season.

I agree that isn't a great haul but he actually looks dangerous when he plays. He's quick and we struggle against pace. I have nightmares of him putting it past Gasparotto and it becoming a 1 v 1 foot race.

I'm in Spain for most of the playoffs, back in time for the scheduled final second leg. Got a feeling I'll struggle to get a ticket if we make it that far. Seem to remember you could only get tickets last year by turning up in person at the stadium.

54 minutes ago, NewBornBairn said:

I'm in Spain for most of the playoffs, back in time for the scheduled final second leg. Got a feeling I'll struggle to get a ticket if we make it that far. Seem to remember you could only get tickets last year by turning up in person at the stadium.

Depends on venue I'd imagine. New Douglas Park and you'll struggle. Motherwell maybe not for example.

some kind fellow Bairn could always pick u one up too? 

12 hours ago, Gaz FFC said:

I've never seen such a physical team as Killie in that 2nd leg. Most of their team looked like they should be playing Rugby not footy.

Certainly no team from the bottom teams this year are that physical.

I think this is something that has been blown out of proportion from last year. Killie had a few bigger players in the 2nd leg like Magennis, Addison and Boyd but they also had guys like Obedayi, Kelty etc. We were dead on our feet and spend 180 mins punting aimless long balls which I think has distorted peoples memories.

1 minute ago, bob_mcshug said:

I think this is something that has been blown out of proportion from last year. Killie had a few bigger players in the 2nd leg like Magennis, Addison and Boyd but they also had guys like Obedayi, Kelty etc. We were dead on our feet and spend 180 mins punting aimless long balls which I think has distorted peoples memories.

I'm not arguing we were dead on our feet but all I know i was thinking was bloody hell, look at the size of these guys.

I'm not arguing we were dead on our feet but all I know i was thinking was bloody hell, look at the size of these guys.

Can't disagree, Houston mentioned it 2 or 3 times after the game during interviews. I accept we were dead on our feet but that Killie team was the most aggressive I'd seen that season and remember that included Rangers and Hibs. They were aggressive and bullied us all over the park that day.
I don't think as a team we have addressed this issue, it could be argued we are weaker in terms of physicality due to the sale of Will Vaulks. I think we can compete but we are still on the light side if we need sheer brutality.

4 minutes ago, bejazz1 said:

Can't disagree, Houston mentioned it 2 or 3 times after the game during interviews. I accept we were dead on our feet but that Killie team was the most aggressive I'd seen that season and remember that included Rangers and Hibs. They were aggressive and bullied us all over the park that day.
I don't think as a team we have addressed this issue, it could be argued we are weaker in terms of physicality due to the sale of Will Vaulks. I think we can compete but we are still on the light side if we need sheer brutality.

I think if it came down to any kind of battle we would need to go wi pace.

We have Austin, Hippo and dare I even say Sheps and O'hara if we needed someone quick.

Certainly outside of Taiwo and Mckee we are humped for a fighter 

39 minutes ago, bob_mcshug said:

Our ludicrous tactics certainly didnt help . First leg we got lucky even though the ball spent half the game in the air for challenges we were never going to win.  Second leg was the same and we got our just desserts. It might sound strange but I reckon we might have had more chance in the second leg if the first had ended up 0-0 or we'd even lost by a goal.

Play off info on official site:

SPFL PREMIERSHIP PLAY OFF INFORMATION
Having listened to supporter feedback from last year’s play-off matches and with our place in this year’s SPFL Premiership Play-Offs confirmed we are keen to furnish fans with the following information.

The format remains the same for this year’s play-offs as in recent seasons – we are of course aiming to finish as high up the table as possible, but here are all of the possible fixture permutations.

Wednesday 10th May Quarter Final 1st Leg –  4th v 3rd

Saturday 13th May Quarter Final 2nd Leg – 3rd v 4th

Wednesday 17th May Semi Final 1st Leg – Winner QF v 2nd

Saturday 20th May Semi Final 2nd Leg – 2nd v Winner QF

Thursday 25th May Final 1st Leg – SF Winner v 11th in Premiership

Sunday 28th May 2nd Leg – 11th in Premiership V SF Winner

*All dates are subject to change following television selections.

Having held several internal ticketing meetings and having already made contact with other clubs involved in the play-offs we can confirm the following ticket selling permutations.

PREMIERSHIP PLAY OFF QUARTER FINAL TICKET SELLING DATES   

Should Falkirk finish 3rd or 4th in the SPFL Championship then a home tie would take place in the SPFL Premiership Play-Off Quarter Final on either Wednesday 10th May (4th) or Saturday 13th May (3rd).

Regardless of the date ticket sales for the home leg would take place as follows: 

Season Ticket Priority Sale – Sunday 7th & Monday 8th May

General Sale – Tuesday 9th May

PREMIERSHIP PLAY-OFF SEMI FINAL TICKET SELLING DATES

Should Falkirk finish 2nd in the SPFL Championship then a home tie would take place in the SPFL Premiership Play-Off Semi Final on Saturday 20th May.

Season Ticket Priority Sale – Monday 8th, Tuesday 9th, Wednesday 10th May

General Sale – Thursday 11th May onwards

Please note, the intention at this moment in time would be for a late night opening to be held on Wednesday 10th May and we would also be open on Saturday 13th May.

ADDITIONAL INFORMATION

During the Season Ticket Holder Priority Sale, Season Ticket Holders will be able to purchase their own seat either in The Club Shop or online at ffctickets.co.uk.  Season Ticket Holders will also have the option to purchase a maximum of 10 additional seats.

ALL seats that have not been sold after the Season Ticket Priority Sale will be released for general sale immediately. 

Following an internal review of last year’s queuing systems the general sale will operate from The South Stand Concourse. This will be CASH ONLY. Tickets released in the general sale will also be available from ffctickets.co.uk.

The decision to use The South Stand Concourse has been made to try and ensure that all fans can queue indoors if necessary should the weather go against us. Also, with the new strip due shortly and away leg tickets expected to be on sale in The Club Shop at the same time we want to try and reduce traffic to this area as much as possible.

As you can see it is set to be a very busy few weeks at the club. We have taken on feedback from last year to improve our service and would thank you in advance for your patience when ticket sales reach their peak this year. 

We are all aiming for the same goal – to get our club back to the Ladbrokes Premiership.  We want as big and as noisy a crowd as possible inside the Falkirk Stadium to roar the team onto victory.

We will continue to keep fans updated as and when scenarios become clearer, however we wanted to begin at this early stage by making clear the facts that we now know.

Thank you for your continued support. COYB!