The Falkirk FC Thread

On 06/08/2017 at 17:59, PipoIsABairn said:

So one of my mates put a tenner on Austin to score anytime yesterday. Wakes up this morning and finds the bet is listed as lost. Gets in touch with Bet365 and they tell him Hippolyte was the official SPFL feed scorer and they have settled the bet on that basis. He then links them to the mountains of evidence that Austin was the scorer but they point blank refuse to pay out. Anyone come across this before? He's absolutely furious. 

Bet365 have now paid out my mate's bet. Their reasoning was that they could update it now because the official SPFL feed had been updated, so he got his cash. I'd be curious if they took back winnings of anyone that had a bet on Hippo to score and how they would do that if they'd already withdrawn the cash. 

9 minutes ago, Dumfries Boy(new acc) said:

It is says people who passed?So if u failed u don't get a free ticket?

Kicking a man when he's down 

If the performance tonight is anything like Saturday they'll have dodged a bullet. Probably have a few suicide cases if you failed all your exams and had to got through that again afterwards.

It is says people who passed?So if u failed u don't get a free ticket?
Kicking a man when he's down 

I like it. Almost like an IQ test for our support. That way we will have a more intellectual crowd and more likely to agree with me.

:lol: brilliant. punters are required to quote the principles of the third theory of relativity in order to gain access...

In all seriousness, I'd apply it not to our fans, but the opposition - imagine next time the Govan tax dodgers pollute the town, we take their (dirty) money for 2000 tickets, then none of them would pass the test to get in.  A win-win for us. 

1 hour ago, PipoIsABairn said:

Bet365 have now paid out my mate's bet. Their reasoning was that they could update it now because the official SPFL feed had been updated, so he got his cash. I'd be curious if they took back winnings of anyone that had a bet on Hippo to score and how they would do that if they'd already withdrawn the cash.

I think William Hill have said they'll honour those that had Hippo too. If you've withdrawn the cash from an account and the bookie tries to reclaim it, they'll put your account into negative and any subsequent deposit will go towards that. If you never put any money back in it's highly unlikely they'll chase you for it.

5 hours ago, Back Post Misses said:

The club would have the upper hand if their position was logical. It is nothing more than "we are fuckin skint again and we will give anyone away for f**k all". Sibbald in the squad give them a better chance of growing the business than us getting sweets for him

Sorry but Sibbald didn't sign the contract offered around the turn of the year, the grass was greener(nowt to do with Hibs) the grass isn't greener and now you suggest the contract offer isn't worth anything. I'm sorry but the choice he made has left him with signing as an amateur for a year or Falkirk for at least what he was on previously. He has failed to earn more elsewhere as it stands.

Sibbs owes us nothing likewise the club with him, its football

What exactly is so bad about the contract offered ? 

4 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

I imagine the club maybe would specify that so as to avoid having 10-11 year olds running around unsupervised. Most decent parents probably wouldnt allow such a scenario but plenty of scummers would probably be willing to use the place as a 90 minute childminder.

Sorry I was more thinking of any grandads that take their grandsons to the game. Seems very harsh to charge them and negates the point of them getting in as a concession. There doesn't seem to be a price for u12s in that situation either. Will they have to pay the u18s price?

Edited by Shadwell Dog

34 minutes ago, MrDust said:

Sorry but Sibbald didn't sign the contract offered around the turn of the year, the grass was greener(nowt to do with Hibs) the grass isn't greener and now you suggest the contract offer isn't worth anything. I'm sorry but the choice he made has left him with signing as an amateur for a year or Falkirk for at least what he was on previously. He has failed to earn more elsewhere as it stands.

Sibbs owes us nothing likewise the club with him, its football

What exactly is so bad about the contract offered ? 

I think that Falkirk wanted him to sign a contract for a year with a year's option which means that they'd still be due a fee at the end of the first year meaning the scenario would be the same as it is now, i.e., nobody willing to pay the compo. Sibbs wants a one year deal so that he would have a better chance of somebody signing him next year when there would be no fee involved.

5 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Sorry I was more thinking of any grandads that take their grandsons to the game. Seems very harsh to charge them and negates the point of them getting in as a concession. There doesn't seem to be a price for u12s in that situation either. Will they have to pay the u18s price?

I don't know for certain but surely it means accompanied by an adult concession or not. This is Falkirk fc though so f**k knows

5 minutes ago, Believe The Hype said:

I don't know for certain but surely it means accompanied by an adult concession or not. This is Falkirk fc though so f**k knows

No it definitely says full paying adult. I would have expected it just to say paying adult if concessions were included.

Edited by Shadwell Dog

13 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

No it definitely says full paying adult. I would have expected it just to say paying adult if concessions were included.

If that is the case and you are in the main stand you would be paying more if you are a concession so surely the club aren't that backward.

14 minutes ago, Believe The Hype said:

If that is the case and you are in the main stand you would be paying more if you are a concession so surely the club aren't that backward.

Wouldn't put it past this mob. Surely as long as their with a 'paying' adult that should be enough.

6 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Wouldn't put it past this mob. Surely as long as their with a 'paying' adult that should be enough.

I would of thought so as well, perhaps that is the case and it's just worded poorly. I don't fall into any category though so I'm just guessing.