The Falkirk FC Thread

So in summary, so far in this 10 days of excitement that was suggested, we have signed a contract extension with our development keeper, changed our ticketing system to ticketmaster, and confirmed it was indeed a printing error that suggested a 5% credit card charge. All the while the fans have debated whether or  not Sibbald will be here or wants to be here and one guy is talking to himself. 
What a time to be a Bairn. 

Patience my man, I believe in Don Paul x

He’s like Santa with his little puma bobble hat and scruffy beard. Delivering joy to all Bairns around the world x
I genuinely cant wait to see what he is like if we are doing good. I bet he turns into a right gallus wee fanny if we start going well. It will be glorious to see.

Wonder if he can top Houstons "journeymen" patter....

I genuinely cant wait to see what he is like if we are doing good. I bet he turns into a right gallus wee fanny if we start going well. It will be glorious to see.

Wonder if he can top Houstons "journeymen" patter....

Houston’s patter was absolutely fantastic. Not one team that didn’t fucking despise him in the league. Hartley can better it imo, I want knee slides on the pitch and Mourinho esque runs to our fans away from home.

Houston’s patter was absolutely fantastic. Not one team that didn’t fucking despise him in the league. Hartley can better it imo, I want knee slides on the pitch and Mourinho esque runs to our fans away from home.
I see on the Livi thread they dont want him considered because he upset them last season LOL. He turned Stubbs into a dribbling mess too at times but definitely journeymen has been my favourite. Our Queens pals were absolutely hook line and sinkered.

11 hours ago, Believe The Hype said:

So in summary, so far in this 10 days of excitement that was suggested, we have signed a contract extension with our development keeper, changed our ticketing system to ticketmaster, and confirmed it was indeed a printing error that suggested a 5% credit card charge. All the while the fans have debated whether or  not Sibbald will be here or wants to be here and one guy is talking to himself. 

What a time to be a Bairn. 

Expect the unexpected 

10 minutes ago, ilostmyself said:

Season tickets on sale tomorrow, maybe a signing or two today to get folk excited? 

It doesn't work that way I'm afraid. Signings are announced pretty much as soon as they're made because the longer you wait the more chance there is of someone leaking the story.

And while the PR or Marketing folk might like the idea of timing arrivals to coincide with sales events, I doubt the manager would agree. Telling a potential target that he has to wait a week before signing might give him the impression that he's not really wanted. And it would increase the chances of someone else snapping him up in the interim.

2 minutes ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

It doesn't work that way I'm afraid. Signings are announced pretty much as soon as they're made because the longer you wait the more chance there is of someone leaking the story.

And while the PR or Marketing folk might like the idea of timing arrivals to coincide with sales events, I doubt the manager would agree. Telling a potential target that he has to wait a week before signing might give him the impression that he's not really wanted. And it would increase the chances of someone else snapping him up in the interim.

So are you on standby or whit??

2 minutes ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

Are you telling me I'm going to have to work today instead of sitting waiting on the clubs twitter feed to tell me about signings?

18 hours ago, Shadwell Dog said:

The deadline was weeks ago he cant have been on holiday that long.

The deadline was only about two  weeks ago and Sibbs as been on holiday. Hartley has stated in the Herald this week that he is waiting for a few that have been on holiday so it's not beyond the realms IMO. Perhaps the guys who had holidays booked were given a bit longer?