The Falkirk FC Thread

Heard PH has given up on Sibbald and will move on to replace him 
hope this is the case, sibbs has done well for us but he obviously wants away, time to get him to f*ck and move on, need to get players in who will be commited to the team

We’re not even out of May yet, Sibbs has been on holiday, and it’s that time when clubs are looking at options.
Can we blame Sibbs for wanting to hold out a little for something bigger?
Doesn’t mean he does not love Falkirk or want to play for us, but if we want someone with a bit of ambition surely he’s doing nothing wrong just now?
If Sibbs ends up committing to us in another month or even two that will do for me.
Hartley should be able to build the rest of his team infrastructure without knowing if Sibbs will commit at this stage anyway. I’d like to think he has a back up plan in mind should he end up elsewhere.

Staggering levels of cluelessness about how an option works. There should not even be any requirement for negotiation or the option for the player to be considering other clubs.  Otherwise there is no point in having it in the first place. Sibbald spent the whole of last August sitting in the stand rather than out on the pitch because the club would not agree to his request for a straight one year contract which would allow him to walk away for nothing this summer. The terms of the option are agreed during the original negotiation.  Providing the club want to retain the player, they invoke the option by the stated deadline and automatically increase the contract length. No talks, no wrangling over wage demands, clean and simple, and would be at any other club except this one. Yet we are now expected to believe that the club are quite relaxed about Sibbald doing the precise thing they simply would not countenance throughout all of last summers wrangling and walking out the door for zilch.  Absolutely not a chance in hell.

Feel sorry for Hartley really. He regarded  Sibbald as key to his plans, but has been let down by the staggering levels of buffoonery above him. It wont be the last time unfortunately.

hope this is the case, sibbs has done well for us but he obviously wants away, time to get him to f*ck and move on, need to get players in who will be commited to the team

Maybe get nailed Thursday night if someone with Bairnardo’s baw sack is brave enough to ask

We’re not even out of May yet, Sibbs has been on holiday, and it’s that time when clubs are looking at options.
Can we blame Sibbs for wanting to hold out a little for something bigger?
Doesn’t mean he does not love Falkirk or want to play for us, but if we want someone with a bit of ambition surely he’s doing nothing wrong just now?
If Sibbs ends up committing to us in another month or even two that will do for me.
Hartley should be able to build the rest of his team infrastructure without knowing if Sibbs will commit at this stage anyway. I’d like to think he has a back up plan in mind should he end up elsewhere.

Not if he “is looking to build his team around him” as he has stated. Time to set a deadline and force the players hand for me.

Compensation will no doubt be a stumbling block yet again

Does anyone have any actual facts about this whole episode or are we all just speculating and forming our own conclusions? Genuine question. 

Considering the same poster asked 2 hours ago if anyone had heard news on Sibbs then only an hour later stated that Sibbs was away makes me think it’s just people talking shite.

5 minutes ago, Believe The Hype said:

Does anyone have any actual facts about this whole episode or are we all just speculating and forming our own conclusions? Genuine question. 

What further facts are required? On 11/8/17 Sibbald signed a one-year contract with a years option. That option has not been invoked. If anyone can produce a single, plausible reason, footballing or otherwise, as to why Falkirk would actively decide not to take up that option, which at a minimum allows them to ask for a fee if Sibbald moved on, I'd love to hear it. Hartley rates Sibbald highly. None of this is of his doing. The questions should be asked of those higher up, 

5 minutes ago, AGPar said:

What further facts are required? On 11/8/17 Sibbald signed a one-year contract with a years option. That option has not been invoked. If anyone can produce a single, plausible reason, footballing or otherwise, as to why Falkirk would actively decide not to take up that option, which at a minimum allows them to ask for a fee if Sibbald moved on, I'd love to hear it. Hartley rates Sibbald highly. None of this is of his doing. The questions should be asked of those higher up, 

Well to put it simply. What was his confirmed contract details, and if he hasn't signed the extension why? Currently Not one person on here or anywhere else has answered this with concrete fact. Instead we have groups saying he can get to f**k and others saying it's the boards doing. Zero confirmed answers. I think until Thursday comes when Hartley can be asked out right what is happening, or what has happened, then it's all just a bit of jumping to conclusions no? 

Well to put it simply. What was his confirmed contract details, and if he hasn't signed the extension why? Currently Not one person on here or anywhere else has answered this with concrete fact. Instead we have groups saying he can get to f**k and others saying it's the boards doing. Zero confirmed answers. I think until Thursday comes when Hartley can be asked out right what is happening, or what has happened, then it's all just a bit of jumping to conclusions no? 
I agree with this but I don't want the "is he staying, is he going" situation to drag on like it did last summer. As you say hopefully Thursday's meeting should clear things up.

3 minutes ago, Harry Kinnear said:
21 minutes ago, Believe The Hype said:

I agree with this but I don't want the "is he staying, is he going" situation to drag on like it did last summer. As you say hopefully Thursday's meeting should clear things up.

Aye correct, no one does. Until we have definitive answers though, which I'm hoping will be addressed on Thursday at the latest, we have not much else to go on. 

1 hour ago, kyleffc said:
1 hour ago, Fitbafollower said:
Heard PH has given up on Sibbald and will move on to replace him 

well i 'hope' this isn't the case, quite like to hold onto our best players

I can exclusively reveal that today's signing will mark the return of none other than ex-Falkirk stalwart, Jean-Francois Lecsinel.

Edited by Gaz

32 minutes ago, Believe The Hype said:

I agree a question needs to be asked. I disagree with the content of the question and the identity of the party who should be answering it. Those who purport to run the club, and not the team manager, should be explaining why a legally binding option to retain a valuable playing asset for a further year has not to date been taken up. All other questions are utterly irrelevant. Those telling Sibbald to GTF or to stop messing around should go for a long swim in the sea. Why, when the power in this instance lies with the club, is he even able to GTF is what needs to be answered.

well i 'hope' this isn't the case, quite like to hold onto our best players
best players? dont get me wrong sibbs can be a cracking player on his day but for me it would be no great loss to the team if he was to go, could get another player with similar capability but alot more hunger for the game