The Falkirk FC Thread

14 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

Going to the game with 3 generations of my family today with around 170 years of supporting our wonderful, local club in total ranging from my dad at around 70 years to my nephew who’s in his first season of regular attendance (my brothers not yet told him that it’s not always like this and his youthful enthusiasm is fantastic).

I’ve seen some good, great, average, awful and terrible sides since 1978 but today isn’t about comparing this side with others, it’s about celebrating this side for what they’ve given us this season. Make no doubt about it, this is something special, an amazing invincible season for Falkirk (hopefully) is something that’s is highly unlikely we’ll ever see again.

Some will say it’s the 3rd tier but to go an entire season without one single blip in the league takes an unbelievable level of focus, determination and skill. 

I’m nearly 50 and I’m so, so, so excited about today - I can’t wait and I’m confidence I’ll shed a wee tear at the presentation as I’ll be bursting with pride.

I hope every single on of you whether at the stadium or watching from afar have as good a day as me and the family do.

Enjoy your day GB, there could be singing in the old Railway Club tonight 🤣

Great to be going to a last game of the season and just being able to enjoy it without play offs looming for a change.

Could be a high scoring entertaining game today. Can't wait.

Re the comparisons, this team has not only cantered League 1 but taken a few Championship scalps this season, including handing out a lesson to a Dundee United that won the league above. It all bodes well for next season.

Really looking forward to the close season too and seeing who we bring in to an already strong team that know each other very well and how we play.

11 minutes ago, bridge of allan bairn said:

Great to be going to a last game of the season and just being able to enjoy it without play offs looming for a change.

That's how I've felt since Montrose but today I'm absolutely shitting bricks!

Club posted their position on any pitch invasion after today's game.

We will all want to savour the moment the trophy and medal presentation. So let's have the pitch invasion moment, return to the stands and enjoy.

It would be a shame if the presentation was not done in front of the fans because some didn't abide by the club's instructions.

12 hours ago, Harry Kinnear said:

Hope that horrible c**t Doncaster doesn’t come near our stadium tomorrow.

He'll be there, but won't be announced as it would just lead to jeering when people should instead be cheering for Jim Jefferies. Just ignore him. 

Posted (edited)

I think this season has felt more than even the Jeffries era because of the rock bottom we had to reach to get here. And to be dragged out of near death by our own fans. Every one of us can take credit for today and it's all the more special as a result. As for invincibles, I want that for the players. They deserve that accolade and historical title after the season they have given us more than I think we do. Especially the McCanns, Nesbits and Morrisons who were here with us at the worst times. Hope everyone enjoys the day as much as I will

Edited by Jimmy1876

2 hours ago, Bula Bairn said:

I'm 47 and haven't seen the club as unified as this before. 

The Jefferies era was magical but there was still a lot of infighting with the board, police investigations and court cases...

Beating Rangers, Celtic, Hibs and rag dolling Hearts was brilliant but this era just feels different and I'm absolutely loving it as well.   

100% feel the same 

2 hours ago, Higgenarse said:

Hmm Manila or the Boag/Grangemouth  I suspect you are showboating a bit there

f**k off with that shit, anyone you knows me and there’s a few on here know how much I love FFC and would want to be there.

To kill the time between now and K.O. I'll be keeping an eye on the scores in the English Championship. Not at all interested in what is happening at the top of the table but for Will Vaulks' sake I hope that Sheffield Wednesday manage to avoid relegation.

39 minutes ago, KiwiDB said:

f**k off with that shit, anyone you knows me and there’s a few on here know how much I love FFC and would want to be there.

Well I don't know you thankfully 

1 hour ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

He'll be there, but won't be announced as it would just lead to jeering when people should instead be cheering for Jim Jefferies. Just ignore him. 

Maybe not a bad thing, make him realise there are REAL clubs out there that could only enhance the premiership! He, for years has advocated the closed door shop that exists up there to protect kid on outfits like Livingston and Ross County and to a lesser extent, StJohnstone, all of them barely able to muster any fans. 

2 hours ago, Bairn in Exile said:

To kill the time between now and K.O. I'll be keeping an eye on the scores in the English Championship. Not at all interested in what is happening at the top of the table but for Will Vaulks' sake I hope that Sheffield Wednesday manage to avoid relegation.

Are falkirk tv keeping the cameras rolling so all the exiled bairns can see us lift the cup