The Falkirk FC Thread

8 minutes ago, DeeBairn said:

Benefit of the doubt until proven otherwise. I hope there is the option of an extension if he is going well. 

Did say they will look at things again in January depending how he does so i would say barring being recalled to Hearts then the extension will be a goer

1 minute ago, falkirkzombie said:

Haber as well i think?

Thats what happens when you sign 15 players ..lol so we have 4 loanees, only Haber being the one with no future at his parent club though due to McCann

Guest Back Post Misses
We only have Dan Turner and this lad on loan and he has played in 4 hearts games last season as well as the betfred cup games appreciate its not much worst case if he is gash as well as Turner we can say thanks but no thanks in January.

Look on the bright side at least we havent extended Sheps or Harris contracts 

Sammut and Haber are on loan too

Guest Back Post Misses
Don't understand why Hearts loaning us a young guy, who they presumably view as having potential, is worse than signing a young guy released by Motherwell who their fans dubbed "the competition winner".

Nothing until you have near as damn a squad full of them

9 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

Nothing until you have near as damn a squad full of them

That's true, but we need a body in midfield and this is one of them. Potentially on zero or next to zero wages? I'd rather have a player with a few years experience but if he's the best available option for us I'd rather have a good 18 year old than a poor 32 year old.

Not sure if it a good or bad thing but surely this must be up there with the least experienced squad we’ve ever had and I would hazard a guess in the league full stop. We can’t complain that Hartley hasn’t fully committed to his strategy. Not sure there has been a more apt season for our ‘Expect the unexpected’ mantra.

Roll on Saturday I guess.

20 minutes ago, Duncan Freemason said:

2011 felt as raw as any. Think against Raith Rovers, we fielded the youngest side ever in Scottish professional history.

Didn't we end up with 10 or 11 academy players on the park away to Airdrie ?

Dunno if it was the game when Lyle Taylor was sent off.

Thinking on Lyle Taylor, if a team in the league had a player like him or Farid on the form of their debut seasons, they'd skoosh this league

Think this could be a decent signing for us. He looks like he has a future at Hearts but was going to struggle to get in their first team with the big squad they have.

Edited by EdiBairn