The Falkirk FC Thread

5 hours ago, Rocco said:
5 hours ago, Bairnardo said:
He was shite. Let too many balls bounce and generally didnt tackle.

Buaben needed asapbto get a bit of presence in midfield. We cant afford to let it keep coming at us the way it did today.

Pars will turn out a decent side this season too (unfortunately). See them comfortably in the playoffs.

El Bak is a fucking sand dancer though.

They looked like a team. Played some nice football at times as well

They were mince but up against the worst Falkirk team I have ever seen. No way they'll be anywhere near the play-offs

From the BBC commentary of QoS v. Alloa

"Stephen Dobbie scored his fourth hat-trick of the season as Queen of South fought back from three goals down to draw with Alloa Athletic." 

How does the boy get into his house for hat-trick balls..... But seriously a club much smaller than the Bairns who would dream of selling our number of season tickets or getting out average gate can get a player like this.

I wish people would stop the rubbish about us being a small club.... we have small minds that's all

1 minute ago, Ontovictory said:

They were mince but up against the worst Falkirk team I have ever seen. No way they'll be anywhere near the play-offs

Falkirk may make the play offs. Wouldn't surprise me if they finished bottom though.

11 minutes ago, parslad said:

Falkirk may make the play offs. Wouldn't surprise me if they finished bottom though.

Wouldn't entirely surprise me either but believe there will be money thrown at the problem in January to keep us safe and we'll be playing you lot again next season

On 01/06/2018 at 10:27, CC52 FFC said:

Looks like Byrne is signing a new deal with Livi, so that’s that one out the window.

On 01/06/2018 at 18:17, badgerthewitness said:

This. 'Cut inside & shoot' is about all there is to his game. Did his job last season but we need more if we're going to challenge at the top. Very much Dunfermline's level of player.

On 01/06/2018 at 18:38, ebobsboy said:

See Byrne has signed a new deal at livi. Disappointing had hoped we might have been able to nab him. Oh well, maybe the don will pull a masterstroke and announce Kane Hemmings. 

On 01/06/2018 at 18:55, Grangemouth Bairn said:

Fans of some of the other teams getting excited about them signing the likes of the Longridges, Clarks, Airds etc etc. f**k them.

What Hartley is doing might work and it might not but at least its something different.

The guys that have been my favourites over the years, the Stainrods, Cadettes, Vaulks, Taylors, Moutinhos have all been a bit leftfield so well done to PH for trying something a bit different.

On 01/06/2018 at 22:55, JinkyBairn said:

#DonArmy

On 02/06/2018 at 12:24, Shodwall cat said:

I'm quite happy to hang on for some quality rather than announcing a series of championship jobbers like the rest of this division.  Aird, clarke, the longridge brothers, durnan, are all great examples of mediocre pish.

On 02/06/2018 at 13:34, badgerthewitness said:

All these different profile pics prove one thing: Hartley has enough to keep everyone satisfied. What a man.

On 03/06/2018 at 00:59, Senor Bairn said:

After speaking with Craig Campbell, I am happy to announce the brand new Falkirk F.C. 2018/19 Away Kit. Sexier than ever x IMG_1527983926.816506.jpg

On 03/06/2018 at 18:17, Gaz FFC said:

I do wonder where certain clubs (Rangers, Sevco, Dundee and Livi) always manage to find "investors" who are desperate to give away cash on some wild fantasy idea that they will get more than they put in?

I've heard it be said they can't be that stupid if they have plenty dough in the bank yet there they are investing in teams that have failed over and over again and repeating the same mistake.

What is the definition of insanity again?

On 03/06/2018 at 18:54, DeeBairn said:

Money goes in, club loses money, owner claims money back as a business loss, club gives him shares in return for investment. Owner then sells shares, makes profit, then makes more money when he gets his losses deferred against next years tax bill. 

On 04/06/2018 at 13:41, FalkirkLad said:

nothing but Hartley x

On 04/06/2018 at 16:15, NewBornBairn said:

To the tune of "Daisy Daisy"

Hartley, Hartley, give us some signings do.

We're going crazy, Bairnardo's balls are blue.

We canny afford a Messi

And a Fraser Aird won't do

But we have a notion

This year's for promotion 

So give us a signing or two.

On 05/06/2018 at 09:30, Falkirkfan1985 said:

Alex Denny and Fraser Hornby

On 05/06/2018 at 12:26, Senor Bairn said:

The Don has me purring like a kitten.

On 09/05/2018 at 12:30, Senor Bairn said:

SOME FUCKING SIGNINGS YASSSSSS

On 09/05/2018 at 13:42, Crawford Baptie said:

The fact that these guys are being scouted and will know what’s expected of them should me that we give them a chance.

Harris we all knew what he was like and the fact that absolutely no scouting went into getting him. Heart of a field mouse.

On 09/05/2018 at 16:14, CC52 FFC said:

Happy with that singing. Hopefully the boy is a bit of a player (on the field). Keep them coming Hartley!

On 09/05/2018 at 16:25, Rugster said:

Oyaaa fucker. We're bringing Sexy Back. #BSTD

On 09/05/2018 at 17:28, Marshmallo said:

Back 3 of Dallison, McGhee and Muirhead looks good to me. Three big monsters and two of them can play a bit as well. Get a sub in who can play both centre back and either right/left back and we're looking dece there awready,

On 09/05/2018 at 20:16, Crawford Baptie said:

You’re splitting hairs and being a bit dickish. Suck it up and deal with it and support the players or f**k off and watch some other team.

On 09/05/2018 at 20:17, MrDust said:

it doesnt mean our budget is poor, it says we obviously are keeping someone Hartley has seen enough in to push for a starting place in what is a squad game, he is by no means our first choice for next season, as Hartley alluded to tonight we will spend the budget wisely 

On 10/05/2018 at 16:58, Bairnardo said:

Aero signing on means so much.

Heartstopping moments in defence, 100% penalty conversion, epic dickshots, Van Basten-esque goals, heart on the sleeve, GIRFUY celebrations in front of the North Stand even if it contains about 15 Ayr fans and always that tiny wee glimmer of hope that he breaks out the Aero-Smash trademark headbutt.

What a fucking box office signing. Touted by big time outfits like Carlisle but decides to keep his captains armband. SUM FUCKING BOI.

On 11/05/2018 at 10:28, Chinatoon Bairn said:

From the worst full time team 17/18, to the best full time team 18/19.

It's going to be beautiful seeing you gradually become more of a seething mess as we continually roll you over this year.

kaixfXl.gif

On 14/05/2018 at 16:23, Bairnardo said:

Another looker.

WELL PLAYED emoji7.pngemoji7.pngemoji7.png

On 14/05/2018 at 20:00, Syd Puddefoot said:

Two big units signed the type we've been sadly lacking. Utterly convinced wel finish above Alloa now I just know it.

On 17/05/2018 at 18:57, Bairnardo said:

Dennon Lewis looks simply outstanding.

Well done the Don once again.

I am absolutely loving the way he is handling his shit.

On 17/05/2018 at 19:16, Harry Kinnear said:

Loving what Hartley is doing, signing young players from down South is so refreshing compared to signing central belt cast offs.

Still to see them play and they may be fucking hopeless but at least there is an element of surprise about what he is doing.

Under Houston we already knew his signings were shite before they had even pulled on the famous navy blue.

Buzzing for next season now.

On 17/05/2018 at 20:24, NavyBlueArmy1876 said:

Lewis and Jakubiak are going to absolutely Eiffel Tower this league. Glorious 

On 18/05/2018 at 00:18, Grangemouth Bairn said:

Have to say, all signings so far are very exciting. 

Cannot fucking wait till the season starts. Really cannot fucking wait.

On 18/05/2018 at 08:28, Steven Mill Out said:

I know the season only finished a few weeks ago and I don't want to get too far ahead of myself here as there is still plenty players to come in, but with those that we have signed so far..

WE'RE WINNING THE FUCKING LEAGUE!

On 18/05/2018 at 11:06, Falkirk_Bairn_1983 said:

I see on twitter that Hartley took a training session with the under 15's ahead of their final at the weekend. I have to admit I wasn't sure about him as our manager but he is rapidly growing on me now!

On 20/05/2018 at 12:09, badgerthewitness said:

I'll wager Partick & Livingston wont even sell out for the play off final. It's an utter travesty a massive fan base like ours hasn't seen top flight football in almost a decade. The big league should be for the biggest clubs. 

We all make mistakes lads

1 minute ago, Bairnardo said:
2 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

Spending all that time trawling for all of those posts would have to go down as one tbh.

Perhaps, although didn't take that long

Just now, Bairnardo said:

Fair enough. Although my lengthy list of life regrets doesn't extend down as far as posts which are inaccurate with hindsight on a fitbaw forum.

Meant tae be a laugh here anaw sometimes ken

Indeed

4 hours ago, bridge of allan bairn said:
4 hours ago, Gaz said:
I see the revisionism for last season has already started. Too many folk blaming Hartley for emptying our squad.
Hartley didn't inherit a squad of journeymen who had us languishing in sixth. He inherited a squad of hapless jobbers who had been playing shite and deserved to go, and was 100% right to empty them when he came in. When he got his own players in, results significantly improved.
He monumentally fucked up over the summer and deserved to be punted. But let's not pretend he didn't get last season spot-on.

Anyway...
Today was fucking shite. Empty the fucking lot of them.
And I'll tell you something, I was sitting along from who I assume are a couple of youth players, and they spent the entire fucking match fucking around on their phones, not giving a shit about the game.
If I was in charge of a youth setup and saw my players not giving a f**k about the team they are supposedly aspiring to play for, I'd be emptying them too.
Our club is fucking rotten.

your point about youth players on their phones is something I've noticed too and absolutely spot on. they need told to watch the game. wrong attitude needs to change from top to bottom

To be fair given how bad we are it's probably better they don't watch.

4 hours ago, EdiBairn said:

Er, how on earth is inheriting a team in 8th place and leading it to 8th place a "significant improvement" by any definition.

I think it's fair to say that with the stats highlighted by Gaz that if hartley hadn't changed/improved the team last year and things had continues as they were we wouldn't have finished 8th, we would have finished 9th.

Points per game for the first half of the season: 0.78

Points per game for the second half of the season: 1.83

1 hour ago, DA Baracus said:

I dont even know how to multiquote ffs and look at that. You do appear to have a lot more free time than me though.

Thank God Baracus posted that. I was beginning to think I'd imagined almost all the Falkirk fans talking about how great Hartley was and how he'd made a series of excellent signings in the summer.

You all seem to want shot of Fasan but he stopped it being 4 or 5. There was not one outfield player I'd even have lifting cones for us in training, never mind have as part of our squad.

Coming from the other side of the planet I don't get to see FFC that much now but was unfortunate enough to see 2 matches live this season (Plastic Whistle & QOS) ; having not seen us in a good 3 or 4 years I was shocked at how far we'd fallen in terms of quality of player and style of football. It's catastrophic.

Also mildly shocked to see how the majority of fans just accept it as their lot now. In the days of Brockville we would be marching down their with torches & pitch forks demanding change.   The CEO and the Chairperson seem to be the architects of this great new "Brentford Model lite ", the execution of this has been abysmal (couldn't have been worse) and yet they have mostly escaped any real flak. 

Coming from the other side of the planet I don't get to see FFC that much now but was unfortunate enough to see 2 matches live this season (Plastic Whistle & QOS) ; having not seen us in a good 3 or 4 years I was shocked at how far we'd fallen in terms of quality of player and style of football. It's catastrophic.
Also mildly shocked to see how the majority of fans just accept it as their lot now. In the days of Brockville we would be marching down their with torches & pitch forks demanding change.   The CEO and the Chairperson seem to be the architects of this great new "Brentford Model lite ", the execution of this has been abysmal (couldn't have been worse) and yet they have mostly escaped any real flak. 

They got backing of the MSG at a meeting last week too. There is where the problem lies. Utterly disinterested bunch of old men.

On 7/15/2018 at 23:58, Grant228 said:

You've got (and this is all on paper) four decent centre backs, no one for right back, an abundance of players who want to play in the middle, whether that be sitting deep (Sammut, Paton, Kidd) or playing behind the striker (TOE, McKee, Froxy) leaving you with Petravicius? And Harris as you're natural wide players. 

If you're going to play with a narrow midfield you'd want wing backs to be bombing on providing the width, if you're playing with defensive full backs where does you're width and pace then come from? What has happened to your youth player Dunne who looked very impressive against us last season? 

It's very plausible I'll be wrong but I think you'll come to October/November time and you'll still be trying to fit that jigsaw together where you're playing players in positions where they aren't totally comfortable with and still debating your best shape. While I understand the approach of buying unknowns from down south I don't think it's been a balanced window where Hartley has bought players to fit, and play in a specific system, it seems he's brought in players and he's still trying to figure out where he actually sees them fitting in, that's only going to delay the bedding in process. 

Tbf bang a quick search in and this thread is absolutely hilarious from pre season, here's yer man Grant228 dishing out telts and accurately predicting your season back in July, whataguy. 

On 6/18/2018 at 17:24, Grant228 said:

Must he? Or are fans just idiots with short memories? Especially fans on twitter/Facebook... 

Like the centre back you signed a couple of weeks back who was getting panned by his teams fans? 

There's no telling how either signing will go, getting excited over a couple of tweets when the player couldn't get a game at Truro doesn't reflect well, you're better than that x

More telts. 

On 6/18/2018 at 17:43, DeeBairn said:

I'd rather be taking a punt on unknown players from outwith the league than swapping average players amongst ourselves. But maybe that's just us being weird.

Crazy the amount of posts like this, fans just deliriously happy to be signing duds from Truro because it's something different. 

On 6/18/2018 at 16:54, Grant228 said:

Couldn't get a game for them last season, must've been scouted in his games for Truro? 

Be interesting to see how Falkirk do next year. 

Telts. 

On 6/18/2018 at 18:02, Falkirk_Bairn_1983 said:

Can you honestly say you would rather sign the usual Scottish league jobbers over the unknown players from England that the club has spent half a year scouting? 

On 6/18/2018 at 18:05, Grant228 said:

In the past half a year he's played four league games for Truro. I'd rather we signed Joe Thompson yes. 

Whataguy. 

On 6/18/2018 at 18:14, DeeBairn said:

Hartley will have done his homework and will know what is going on with the players background and that's a tad more important than what anyone on here thinks.

And the lack of action would be a worry if it was a January transfer but we have a full pre-season to put him through, Anymore strawmen you want to throw up?

So much faith in Hartley. 

On 6/18/2018 at 18:34, Grant228 said:

Yep, that's him. 

Of course it is, it's not like any manager is going to change his mind based on some punters on social media is it? However it's ridiculously foolish to try and imply that managers don't sign duds, and Hartley signed his fair few at Dundee. 

I didn't say at any point his lack of games would affect his match fitness? I was making the point that a bloke who couldn't get a game for Newport, and then Truro probably isn't as good as the fan reviews are getting made out,and that it could perhaps be a case of absence erasing any negative points, something that fans of all club are guilty off. Someone then tried to make out the bloke had been extensively scouted over the six months, when he's barely played! 

On 6/18/2018 at 18:46, gav-ffc said:

Agreed.

We have no idea how this “experiment” will work but I’m excited for it and will fully back Paul Hartley.

No more room for sentiment, let’s win games of football and get out the league.

Paul Hartley was gone by September, lawl.