The Falkirk FC Thread

1 minute ago, ATB1961 said:

If only, I wonder how much the CEO is costing the club? Anyone have any information?

Our cash burn this past season & a half must be frightening. I'd imagine the cupboard must be nigh on bare by now,

You lot were utterly rotten - I’ve not read the last few pages but 3 managers have been poor at Falkirk now perhaps is wasn’t/ isint their complete fault at what is going on. Hartley appears to of conned your board but surely they know what’s going on. Or if I was the manager could I sign 22 darts players and the board say nothing to do with us we let the manager recruit the players. You need change.

I was deeply saddened not to see Paul Paton playing however as I felt he could of provided some Bantzz

Shocked by how bad we were today,  players not just limited by lack of skill but most looked totally disinterested. The worst Falkirk team I have witnessed in over 20 years of being a season ticket holder. 
Wonder how many that played today were offered the GTF package midweek and whether that affected performances today. Effort levels didnt look high tbh.

1 minute ago, Bairnup said:

Shocked by how bad we were today,  players not just limited by lack of skill but most looked totally disinterested. The worst Falkirk team I have witnessed in over 20 years of being a season ticket holder. 

Worst I've seen in fifty year's at least when we were pish before the player's actually gave a shit, this lot are beyond belief. 

3 minutes ago, wullie robb said:

Worst I've seen in fifty year's at least when we were pish before the player's actually gave a shit, this lot are beyond belief. 

They didn't want to even be on the park today. Get through the game and get off with the minimum amount of embarrassment appeared to be the limit of their ambition from the first whistle. They are, collectively, the worst squad of players assembled in decades, probably ever. When you sign the number of players we have, you expect a fair amount of dross but law of averages  would suggest you'll unearth a couple of diamonds as well. We haven't.There is not one player in that squad I would even label decent. If this board do nothing else, I hope they give McKinnon the financial leeway to open up the early termination packages to every remaining squad member first thing on Monday morning, and I hope they all take it. Just forfeit the rest of the league season, do not pass go straight to League 1, it'll be less painless than this.

We beat Alloa last week and folk were absolutely wetting themselves over the result, how it would propel the season onwards.

That today was the worst football Iv seen in 30 years of watching Falkirk.

I can’t even begin to describe what that is, but that’s isn’t a team. These c***s don’t even look like they’ve kicked a ball before.

Absolutely no cohesion, no pressure, no guile.

We’ve had some shite teams in the last 10-15 years but at least being 1 down you always felt a goal or two could come.

Today I literally stopped giving a f**k.

So much so, I don’t even want to watch any other football, even on the tv.

This last year and a bit have sickened me of the game.

My Ratings 

FASAN - No chance with the goals but distribution is slow and he makes the defence nervous _ 2

MUIR HEAD - Poor but his low standard  "but  tries 3

DALLISON - Looks like a player but isn't 1 

HARRISON - Too Slow and losing interest - 1

BROUGH - Cant get forward effectively bug not a disaster 2

IRVINE  - Has some skill but at his age he should be expected to lead the midfield. - 3

McKee-   Shocking didn't see him do anything - 0

PETRA - did nothing today but did try. - 1

McGhee - Started well but faded a lit more  effort than football - 3

Lewis - Did nothing and that seems likely to what he has to offer. 1

Rudden-Reminds me of a giraffe. He was poor today but again he's very young Tried his best - 2

Subs Robson - average with poorer players around him. 1

Haber the hut -hardly won a header and that's all he can do. -0

SAMUT,- Like a well laddie playing  mens football would be good if there was no physical contact - 1

We know that Muirhead, McKee, McGhee and Kidd can do an ok job at this level with better players around them, so they shouldn't be priorities for replacement IMO. Add Rudden and you're then looking at a minimum of 6 starting players we need in ASAP.

keep

McGhee
Muirhead
Robson
Irving
buaben
rudden
Mitchell
Dunne

possible keep

McKee
Russell

jettison

fasan
kidd
dallison
Harrison
Paton
petravious
sammut
Lewis
toe
Harrison
brough
haber

we are bottom of the league and can barely muster a shot at goal or string two passes together hence unfortunately another clear out required and not the way to run a club. McKinnon has thankless 3 months ahead

12 minutes ago, Stainrod said:

My Ratings 

FASAN - No chance with the goals but distribution is slow and he makes the defence nervous _ 2

MUIR HEAD - Poor but his low standard  "but  tries 3

DALLISON - Looks like a player but isn't 1 

HARRISON - Too Slow and losing interest - 1

BROUGH - Cant get forward effectively bug not a disaster 2

IRVINE  - Has some skill but at his age he should be expected to lead the midfield. - 3

McKee-   Shocking didn't see him do anything - 0

PETRA - did nothing today but did try. - 1

McGhee - Started well but faded a lit more  effort than football - 3

Lewis - Did nothing and that seems likely to what he has to offer. 1

Rudden-Reminds me of a giraffe. He was poor today but again he's very young Tried his best - 2

Subs Robson - average with poorer players around him. 1

Haber the hut -hardly won a header and that's all he can do. -0

SAMUT,- Like a well laddie playing  mens football would be good if there was no physical contact - 1

Stainrod, Save yourself 10 Minute's of typing mark's for them. 

Pish poor, covers it

If someone actually played decent believe me we would notice.. 

They are a team bereft of confidence. The are scared to attack in case they concede on the counter.

We attempted to play the Christmas tree formation made famous by Roy Hodgeson when England manager, the 4-3-2-1. The '2'are so important in this formation . When not in possession, they form a 5 in midfield. When in possession, they form a 3 up front. Didn't happen. 

I hear praise for Brough. He did fine when defending, keeping Longbridge largely quiet, but never once offered the overlap. They had Craigan playing out of position at right back. Not once did he trouble him, forcing him to defend.

We started the 2nd half with 6 defenders on the pitch. That's not a team looking to win a  game.

Fasan didn't have a bad game however, he is slow in his distribution, holds the ball too long and mostly results in using his boot.

Dallison is not a defender for the Scottish game. Too slow and can't tackle. Not his fault, just not his game.

Finally, what seems to be the revolving door of player coming and going can't be helping.  If I saw my work colleagues being mutually terminated, would i feel secure in my job. Unlikely. What We have may not be right for the club at the moment, but it is what it is. You work with what you have and improve that. You give them a sense of stability and motivate them to improve. Give them the desire to win.  That's where good coaching and man management are needed.

I've mentioned some issue, others will have more. Let's deal with these issues rather than searching for the panacea in the free agent market. Good scouting should continue, but that's for January and next summer.

I'm duly expecting to be shot down by others on here, but its my opinion from what I see each week.

5 minutes ago, JustLuvinThepian said:

They are a team bereft of confidence. The are scared to attack in case they concede on the counter.

We attempted to play the Christmas tree formation made famous by Roy Hodgeson when England manager, the 4-3-2-1. The '2'are so important in this formation . When not in possession, they form a 5 in midfield. When in possession, they form a 3 up front. Didn't happen. 

I hear praise for Brough. He did fine when defending, keeping Longbridge largely quiet, but never once offered the overlap. They had Craigan playing out of position at right back. Not once did he trouble him, forcing him to defend.

We started the 2nd half with 6 defenders on the pitch. That's not a team looking to win a  game.

Fasan didn't have a bad game however, he is slow in his distribution, holds the ball too long and mostly results in using his boot.

Dallison is not a defender for the Scottish game. Too slow and can't tackle. Not his fault, just not his game.

Finally, what seems to be the revolving door of player coming and going can't be helping.  If I saw my work colleagues being mutually terminated, would i feel secure in my job. Unlikely. What We have may not be right for the club at the moment, but it is what it is. You work with what you have and improve that. You give them a sense of stability and motivate them to improve. Give them the desire to win.  That's where good coaching and man management are needed.

I've mentioned some issue, others will have more. Let's deal with these issues rather than searching for the panacea in the free agent market. Good scouting should continue, but that's for January and next summer.

I'm duly expecting to be shot down by others on here, but its my opinion from what I see each week.

The Good Scouting should continue..... 

Now I'm seriously worried. 

Forgot to add I fecking hate Christmas trees. 

Edited by wullie robb
Mistake

4 minutes ago, JustLuvinThepian said:

You can't 'coach' or 'man manage' league 2 players into championship ones in a few weeks(or ever in most cases).

Get him to feck. Absolute gutless, shitbag of an excuse for a footballer. Bottled at least 2 clear 50/50s today, didn't find a single pass and panic cleared time and time again. Compared disinterested and has done nothing since he arrived except hit the bar with a free kick at Firhill. He obviously can't wait to get back to Tynecastle in January and for me, it can't come quick enough.