The Falkirk FC Thread

Maybe getting rid of the guys now just lets you lump the cost in as a one off expense and allows you to keep spending the same money monthly on wages if you have set a cap. There may have been some cash lying or the board may have injected some. The main benefit may just be the show of intent so the fans know the club are backing the new manager after their mistakes. 

The Board injected some cash? That will be the first in 5 years then.

f**k me. You can throw the moping about chat out the window cos that doesn't wash, easily papped to reserves or train on their own if that's the case. This is clearly beneficial to the club, there is no other logical explanation as to why an experienced manager would do this. 
And before you start, it's f**k all to do with the board. 

It will be nothing more than not wanting people hanging about till January bringing the morale down. It will have cost money of that there will be no doubt.

Thanks for your input though Craig

Surely you'd offer them a lower amount of redundancy pay than their wages for the rest of the season. The club saves on NI etc too.
I do agree it's been an expensive clusterfuck but it could free up space in the budget for a January signing. Otherwise why bother?

I am sure there is a season financial gain. But it won’t be massive. Let’s not forget had we not hired these donuts though none of this would be going on. We paid cash for one of these too - only 3 months ago. One thing is for sure we won’t be replacing 4 with another 4 or that will have cost us big time

4 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

I am sure there is a season financial gain. But it won’t be massive. Let’s not forget had we not hired these donuts though none of this would be going on. We paid cash for one of these too - only 3 months ago. One thing is for sure we won’t be replacing 4 with another 4 or that will have cost us big time

We dont need to replace 4 with 4 though. We need to replace 4 x dross with 1 or 2 x quality

We dont need to replace 4 with 4 though. We need to replace 4 x dross with 1 or 2 x quality

hopefully yes. McKinnons first signing looks decent. So far he has a good track record [emoji6]. I really hope we don’t ever as a club go through this sort of wholesale hire and fire again. Fair enough 6 or 7 in the summer but two clearouts in 6 months with another Autumn to January one looming is a costly exercise.

To be fair on McKinnon he seems to be taking his time, trying to get the most out of what we have and I am sure has some sort of plan short and medium term. Ultimately it will be down to the players he brings on board and it is far to early to make any judgement either way however there are one or two green shoots.

Today a big test on progress or not. Lose meekly like DU then it will be really concerning.

8 hours ago, Believe The Hype said:

f**k me. You can throw the moping about chat out the window cos that doesn't wash, easily papped to reserves or train on their own if that's the case. This is clearly beneficial to the club, there is no other logical explanation as to why an experienced manager would do this. 

And before you start, it's f**k all to do with the board. 

10 KEY POINTS YOU CANOT IGNORE IF YOU ARE A CEO ON DERBY DAY. 

1.Wake up quickly read e mail to check if I've still got a job. 

2.Have a glance at your  favourites website to  check the line up against Hamilton today. 

3 Tip off England they have 3 more ex falkirk players for their homeless world Cup squad and a few more coming this week. (all courtesy of you of course) 

4 Check twitter account is still closed down 

5 Make sure  no big bruiser fans have taken up  my invite to pop in for a cup of tea to discus the progress of the Barnsley project. 

6.Key the stadium address into the sat nav and head through to the pre match festivities. (tell the wife I won't need lunch or dinner as usual) 

7.Suggest a board meeting on Monday to agree a 10%  interest rate for more directors loans as it seems we are still short of a few players 

8 Get Ray Mckinnon to explain to me again why exactly we need a right back and get him to  point out to me the area of the pitch a right back plays in. Take a mental note to watch Williamson today so I finally get it. 

9 Remember to have my radio earplugs to follow the big game at Easter Road. 

10. Try not to make eye contact with any fans and plan to nip away at 4,30 if it doesn't seem like the "our time" is on the horrison anytime soon. 

Edited by Stainrod

There is an exhibition at Callendar House just now called' Falkirk FC a Fans View' it's worth a look. Some good bits of nostalgia in there.  Crunchies boots from the 97 final are on display, Yogis shirt from the B&Q cup final copies of the FU fanzine, old programmes and pictures of Brockville through the ages  . What I found interesting was there was a fanzine in the early 90's  that was produced for fans that lived out with Falkirk, I'd never heard of it.

2 hours ago, Back Post Misses said:

Let’s not forget had we not hired these donuts though none of this would be going on. We paid cash for one of these too - only 3 months ago.

Sunk costs which we can't take into account. If releasing them now is the correct decision then it shouldn't matter what we did 3 months ago ago.

In saying that, Hartley really is a p***k eh. Totally destroyed the club over the summer. 

Team line up bingo. Jackpot must be won this week surely injuries aside, I will go first

Fasan
Muirhead
Harrison
Dallison
Brough

Irving
Paton
McKee

Lewis
Rudden
Petra

I win [emoji6]

Sunk costs which we can't take into account. If releasing them now is the correct decision then it shouldn't matter what we did 3 months ago ago.
In saying that, Hartley really is a p***k eh. Totally destroyed the club over the summer. 

All I am pointing out is the utter shambles this “Boreham Wood” project has been

2 hours ago, Back Post Misses said:

hopefully yes. McKinnons first signing looks decent. So far he has a good track record emoji6.png. I really hope we don’t ever as a club go through this sort of wholesale hire and fire again. Fair enough 6 or 7 in the summer but two clearouts in 6 months with another Autumn to January one looming is a costly exercise.

To be fair on McKinnon he seems to be taking his time, trying to get the most out of what we have and I am sure has some sort of plan short and medium term. Ultimately it will be down to the players he brings on board and it is far to early to make any judgement either way however there are one or two green shoots.

Today a big test on progress or not. Lose meekly like DU then it will be really concerning.

I agree with that. The 4 that were released had plenty of time to prove they were good enough. McKinnon just seems like a breath of fresh air compared to Hartley. 

1 minute ago, Back Post Misses said:

Team line up bingo. Jackpot must be won this week surely injuries aside, I will go first

Fasan
Muirhead
Harrison
Dallison
Brough

Irving
Paton
McKee

Lewis
Rudden
Petra

I win emoji6.png

Well, if nothing else, at least it's gotten a bit easier to predict overnight. 

12 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

Fasan
Muirhead
Harrison
Dallison
Brough

Irving
Paton
McKee

Lewis
Rudden
Petra

I win emoji6.png

I think you’ll be right. Personally I’m hoping both McGhee and Mitchell feature in place of Paton and Fasan.

1 minute ago, Skyline Drifter said:

Ooft, some of the posts on this thread. Cant be long now until somebody claims this move has been "cost neutral" like last year.

At worst, it's "cost neutral" in the sense that it will have cost the same as paying the rest of their contracts up. 

31 minutes ago, Swordfishtrombone said:

There is an exhibition at Callendar House just now called' Falkirk FC a Fans View' it's worth a look. Some good bits of nostalgia in there.  Crunchies boots from the 97 final are on display, Yogis shirt from the B&Q cup final copies of the FU fanzine, old programmes and pictures of Brockville through the ages  . What I found interesting was there was a fanzine in the early 90's  that was produced for fans that lived out with Falkirk, I'd never heard of it.

Was that the Ruperts Roar one, the used to sell it in the Wishing Well down by Asda, got to admit a good bit of nostalgia there  some of the players should as mentioned previously take it on board to see how much the club means to us.

4 minutes ago, AL-FFC said:

Was that the Ruperts Roar one, the used to sell it in the Wishing Well down by Asda, got to admit a good bit of nostalgia there  some of the players should as mentioned previously take it on board to see how much the club means to us.

IIRC Ruperts Roar was contacted by Express Newspapers in some manner regarding the use of Rupert The Bear.

8 minutes ago, AL-FFC said:

No it wasn't Rupert's Roar or the FU it was a really amateurish looking one in a broadsheet style I can't remember the name but it was only sold in Glasgow Edinburgh and Aberdeen for expat bairns