The Falkirk FC Thread

All in seriousness as bad as we are thought Stenny played some great stuff today, McGuigan bullying the defence all day. Whoever 24 was he was ripping the absolute pish out the defence, 11 also had Kidd (who is absolutely fucking rancid) on toast all game.

Don’t know if he could or would even want to make the step up but I think that McGuigan could be worth a punt if he was cheap enough.

3 hours ago, Branch Ton said:

How did that go for you then?

We have no idea. Despite all your havering to the contrary, no judgement was passed at the tribunal, hence the lack of news. It might still be a couple of weeks yet. I understand the panel want some additional info. 

Until that happens, is there any chance you could feck off? 

Yes, I know this a multi-club forum but you don't have the wit or the wisdom to add anything to the debate. You're boring as well as stupid. 

And spare me any jibes about today's result please. It wasn't that long ago that you lost to a non-league club in the same tourney at the same stage. Stenny aren't world beaters but they're better than Spartans. 

I really, really fucking hope no.
He hardly played his way back in.

I gave him credit for what he did after the injury against County but considering the apparent second coming of Paul Paton, Aero is probably the most damaging player in the team.

I would rather see Harrison

8 minutes ago, FalkirkLad said:

All in seriousness as bad as we are thought Stenny played some great stuff today, McGuigan bullying the defence all day. Whoever 24 was he was ripping the absolute pish out the defence, 11 also had Kidd (who is absolutely fucking rancid) on toast all game.

Don’t know if he could or would even want to make the step up but I think that McGuigan could be worth a punt if he was cheap enough.

24 was Harry Paton; smashing wee player who I'd hoped we would have gone for in the summer. He's currently on loan from Ross County and I was a bit surprised that they let him play as he was considered a first team squad player.  I assume that Sevco and Dundee didn't give permission for Rudden and Haber to play? Dundee I can understand as McIntyre might want Haber back but surely Rudden's got no feckin chance of getting anywhere near their 1st team? Typical fuckin Sevco!

As far as today was concerned that was absolutely fucking rancid! Heard a Stenny fan in the bar afterward saying that we were the worst team they had played all season! Nobody got pass marks, nobody. Tommy Robson was good in the 1st half but almost as bad as the rest in the 2nd. Anyone know what was wrong with Harrison? Didn't think Muirhead was any worse than the other two CD's today but it's maybe not a coincidence that we were so poor with him back in the team? The goalie's an absolute joke. Although Mitchell tends to make some high profile blunders I do feel generally more secure with him in the team. I'd certainly get him and Harrison back in for Fasan and Muirhead next week.

The guy I was most disappointed with today however was Irving. He should have been pissing all over a team of Stenny's standard but he just didn't look up for it at all. There are too many of the same ilk in the team. Heads go down too easily and they can't seem to lift them again.

Although I obviously wanted us to win I'd have been happy with getting through after a struggle rather than having an easy ride as I don't want McKinnon thinking that any of these players are good enough. At least he won't be thinking that tonight!

Aero in for Harrison was a big mistake today. Thought McKinnon had the sense to see the fragile stability he had in the defence without Aero, but he blew it big time today by putting him back in.

2 minutes ago, Duncan Freemason said:

Aero in for Harrison was a big mistake today. Thought McKinnon had the sense to see the fragile stability he had in the defence without Aero, but he blew it big time today by putting him back in.

I genuinely didn't realise Aero was playing until after we scored as the tannoy guy announced him as a sub. Somebody got injured and when I then saw Muirhead play the ball I thought he'd come on to replace him! Heard someone say that Harrison pulled out shortly before the game started; no idea if he was injured or had a falling out or whatever though?

The first half was reasonable but that second half has to be be one of the most rancid things I have ever seen in my life. 

I suppose the only positives are that Dunfermline got beaten today along with Alloa in midweek, so keeps the group of teams above us in the league catchable.

All I can say is hopefully McKinnon bins Fasan and 3-5-2, and Buaben and Rudden are back next week.

ps wtf has happened to Jordan McGhee? He has gone form strolling games to being completely and utterly dogshit. Can only think the rest of the squad is rubbing off on him?  Plenty of worse performers than him today but if we can't even expect a performance from him, we're in serious trouble 

4 minutes ago, NavyBlueArmy1876 said:

The first half was reasonable but that second half has to be be one of the most rancid things I have ever seen in my life. 

I suppose the only positives are that Dunfermline got beaten today along with Alloa in midweek, so keeps the group of teams above us in the league catchable.

All I can say is hopefully McKinnon bins Fasan and 3-5-2, and Buaben and Rudden are back next week.

ps wtf has happened to Jordan McGhee? He has gone form strolling games to being completely and utterly dogshit. Can only think the rest of the squad is rubbing off on him?  Plenty of worse performers than him today but if we can't even expect a performance from him, we're in serious trouble 

3-5-2 had been fine for the last 4 league games. I tend to think that Muirhead must be the problem and I would certainly bring Harrison back in for him. (Not fuckin Dallison though) I had a feeling that he would leave Bauben out whether he was fit today or not as we need to keep him fit for the league. Deffo bring Mitchell back for Fartsan.

5 minutes ago, Colkitto said:

:lol:

I 10-2 think that that was quite a Spartan effort by Morten today, however at least you've got the luxury of a midweek replay against one of the seaside teams. You've done quite well against such teams so many times in the past after all! :thumsup2