The Falkirk FC Thread

11 minutes ago, spratte said:

Whilst I can understand everyone’s clamour to empty the f*ckin lot of them, apart from the loan players I don’t see the point if it won’t save any cash there no way way we can afford a new 11

You're right, we can't afford a whole new 11, at least not 11 that would be better than we have. We'll need to keep probably half a dozen or so of today's starters but it's absolutely vital that the players we bring in are 1st picks and much better than what's already there.

It may be the case that some of those that we want to leave and can't find new clubs will dig their heels in and force us to keep them so it's probably worth parting with the cash to pay them off.

2 hours ago, bejazz1 said:

I’m worrying now that McKinnon will not be able to keep us in this league, he talks a good game but like Hartley last season we're putting all our hope and faith in a manager that struggled to motivate a DU team with a decent budget and ultimately paid the price for his failure.

None of us believed that Hartley would have failed so spectacularly, what makes us believe McKinnon can lead us to safely?

Over the last few weeks I feel he has made some mistakes himself... Alloa at home, 2 up against a PT team and we shat it. Today, changed our best shape and got pumped again.

Ooh look, at last a Bairns fan is waking up and smelling the coffee.......

Face facts, guys. McKinnon is not the Messiah, he’s just a very naughty boy - and not that good a football manager. He couldn’t get a comparatively big budget Dundee United team out of this division. He made a mess of assembling Morton’s squad, for which we are still suffering, and took first Morton and then Falkirk out of two national cup tournaments each at the first time of asking (dumped out of cup tournaments four times by October must be some kind of a record). Combine that with the cost of paying off, or continuing to pay, the contracts of some of your current dross, the  pretty much inevitable forthcoming compensation payment to Morton for poaching their manager and the possibility of additional financial sanctions for doing so, and yer man isn’t going to have much of a war chest to make a mess of in January.

it’s possible that McKinnon just MIGHT keep you up if Alloa struggle with injuries or suspensions over the winter and Partick don’t improve, but it’s looking like even more of a long shot as each week passes.

So if a player can get  gig elsewhere for more money they wouldn’t walk?
See G.Harkins last week.

If that happens then it’s happy days but if it doesn’t we are paying the wage until the summer.
What club is going to pick up the wage of fasan, dallison, Lewis, etc

4 minutes ago, ShaggerG said:

I see that Andy Nelson has scored 6 in four games for Darlington and his loan is up in the middle of January. Really hope he's on McKinnon's radar!

Darlington wanting to keep him till the end of the season and have asked JR if its possible apparently, also on the radar of a few other clubs up here and down south.

https://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2018/12/28/tommy-wright-comments-on-sunderland-owned-andrew-nelson/

If the shite slaverer (Edibairn)  is correct though in which i guess he is wrong and Tommy Robson is off then i wouldnt think he would come back to us.

29 minutes ago, D.A.F.C said:

McKinnons meltdown is something else. Falkirk to sign another team. Six or seven players.

How many teams is that now four overhauls?

farce

A tsunami of irony in three simple lines. Tremendous.

6 hours ago, kiddy said:

Whilst hopefully it's the last we've seen of Irving, Haber, Sammut & Bauben. Rudden might take convincing to extend his loan.
It'll likely take a shed load to get rid of Dumbya, Russell, Dallinson, Lewis, Fasan, Muirhead, Brough & Harrison.
There's also dubiety in whether Kidd, McKee & Petra have any worth.

Why would it take a "shed load" to get rid of players whose contracts are up on December 31st? You know it won't cost a penny but don't let that get in the way of your usual negative diatribes.

6 hours ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

Oh shut up you stupid pillock.

We've just been humped again, turning in yet another abysmal performance in a year of abysmal performances. And lost to our major rivals in the New Year derby. We're all hurting.

And yet all you're interested in doing is winding up folk who support the same team you do with your ITK crap.

It's not "ITK crap" or winding anybody up. All I'm doing is passing on information I've been given. 

I know for a fact(you can review this at the end of January) that this talk of signing 6 or 7 players is just a tactic to minimise fans' expectations. Ray wants to bring in(and get rid of) at least 10 players but isn't sure whether he can get 10 guys with the quality required. 

I'm hurting just as every other Falkirk fan is. But surely your anger should be directed at the people on this forum who abused and harangued fellow Falkirk fans who could see early on that Hartley's little experiment wasn't going to work, and now still think their opinions are credible whilst contributing absolutely no sensible opinions on football in their years on this forum. 

I was one of the first posters on here to call Hartley's reign out for what it was and I know exactly what Ray's plans are now. I have been a Falkirk supporter all my life and none of my posts ate trolling or fishing in the slightest.

People have asked for transfer rumours- Ryan Flynn, David Goodwillie, Lee Miller and Tom Taiwo are all being actively looked at by Ray and his staff right now. Whether any of them will be signed, I don't know but all are being evaluated. Craig Sibbald was a very strong possibility but Gary Holt now sees him as an important part of his squad.

Edited by EdiBairn

Obviously you know more than me being itk m8 and I could be way off the mark but I can’t see how we can afford two full squads wages

No idea whether we can or not but you seem sure

It's not "ITK crap" or winding anybody up. All I'm doing is passing on information I've been given. 
I know for a fact(you can review this at the end of January) that this talk of signing 6 or 7 players is just a tactic to minimise fans' expectations. Ray wants to bring in(and get rid of) at least 10 players but isn't sure whether he can get 10 guys with the quality required. 
I'm hurting just as every other Falkirk fan is. But surely your anger should be directed at the people on this forum who abused and harangued fellow Falkirk fans who could see early on that Hartley's little experiment wasn't going to work, and now still think their opinions are credible whilst contributing absolutely no sensible opinions on football in their years on this forum. 
I was one of the first posters on here to call Hartley's reign out for what it was and I know exactly what Ray's plans are now. I have been a Falkirk supporter all my life and none of my posts ate trolling or fishing in the slightest.
People have asked for transfer rumours- Ryan Flynn, David Goodwillie, Lee Miller and Tom Taiwo are all being actively looked at by Ray and his staff right now. Whether any of them will be signed, I don't know but all are being evaluated. Craig Sibbald was a very strong possibility but Gary Holt now sees him as an important part of his squad.

Have you emailed Craig yet?