The Falkirk FC Thread

7 minutes ago, Shodwall cat said:

Is it feck, it worked for them. So far we have been the prime example of how no to do it.

Worked for them as in.....getting relegated?

1 minute ago, TheScarf said:

Worked for them as in.....getting relegated?

It go them into the top flight and kept them there for 5 seasons and now looks like winning them the league again  so compared to being bottom of the championship I would say yes it has worked for them.

3 minutes ago, Shodwall cat said:

It go them into the top flight and kept them there for 5 seasons and now looks like winning them the league again  so compared to being bottom of the championship I would say yes it has worked for them.

The team that got them into the top flight was together for about 3 years with very little personnel change.  Indeed the team that lost the 2010 Scottish Cup final was very similar to the team that won the old 1st division in 2012.  

It's when they started changing it up every 6 months with Adams and then McIntyre effectively getting a blank cheque from McGregor that they started to regress.

Also, they're winning the league this year easily because they'e bought it.  Which I have absolutely no problem with.  McGregor has admitted it himself.  They have a squad full of guys who have spent years playing in the SPL/Premiership, who have won the Scottish Cup and have played in Europe.

1 hour ago, Bairn Necessities said:

He's also in my bottom 5 Bairns. He was an absolutely horrific player for us.

You might be thinking of his dad, who "played" up front for us in 95/96 (Lambie season). He was fucking atrocious.

Junior scored that glorious equaliser at Tannadice, but never really got much of a look in and was moved on quite quickly.

3 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

The team that got them into the top flight was together for about 3 years with very little personnel change.  Indeed the team that lost the 2010 Scottish Cup final was very similar to the team that won the old 1st division in 2012.  

It's when they started changing it up every 6 months with Adams and then McIntyre effectively getting a blank cheque from McGregor that they started to regress.

Also, they're winning the league this year easily because they'e bought it.  Which I have absolutely no problem with.  McGregor has admitted it himself.  They have a squad full of guys who have spent years playing in the SPL/Premiership, who have won the Scottish Cup and have played in Europe.

Bought a whole new team to win the championship surely is what we were talking about.  We bought a whole new team and are currently bottom.

13 hours ago, MrDust said:

Based on a post season friendly v St Mirren and nearly every game Mutch has played for us he has a mistake in him, sounds like a plan.

He needs to get the mistakes out his game on loan in game time and not as our No1 

Every goalie on the planet these days mind you seems to have a feck up in them. Liverpool signed that boy Allison for 60- odd million and he's already had 3 howlers this season.  Not the same standard as they used to be but now rated as brilliant if they can pass a ball.

7 minutes ago, Shodwall cat said:

Bought a whole new team to win the championship surely is what we were talking about.  We bought a whole new team and are currently bottom.

No, you said it worked for them getting promoted and kept them there for 5 seasons, which I pointed out was incorrect.  It was only when they started the revolving door policy that it started to go tits up.

4 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

No, you said it worked for them getting promoted and kept them there for 5 seasons, which I pointed out was incorrect.  It was only when they started the revolving door policy that it started to go tits up.

It was still far more successful than our attempts at it as can be confirmed by the fact that their new team has them top whilst ours has ours bottom.

4 minutes ago, Shodwall cat said:

What is he like? Have you seen him in the flesh?

in a real game?  nope.  but neither has anybody.   as someone else said, i just want some absolute jobbers in there at the moment.

it's worked in the past with Stokes, Cregg, Craig.  you never know, hope so.  But we weren't in a relegation fight then.

Just now, tirso said:

in a real game?  nope.  but neither has anybody.   as someone else said, i just want some absolute jobbers in there at the moment.

it's worked in the past with Stokes, Cregg, Craig.  you never know, hope so.  But we weren't in a relegation fight then.

So how do you think  he's no what we need? I for one have no idea what type of player he is other than a midfielder.

3 minutes ago, tirso said:

It also worked last season with Tommy Robson and Andrew Nelson when we were in a relegation battle. You just have to trust Ray to have done his homework on the signing.

1 minute ago, Shodwall cat said:

So how do you think  he's no what we need? I for one have no idea what type of player he is other than a midfielder.

I think we need experienced pros; not untried youngsters.

It's just my view.  He may well be fantastic.  No-one knows.  The reports from Killie are not glowing.  Granted he's only played about 50 mins of real football in his career.

1 minute ago, tirso said:

It's just my view.  He may well be fantastic.  No-one knows.  The reports from Killie are not glowing.  Granted he's only played about 50 mins of real football in his career.

Thats what I mean . Noone knows how he'll end up. Better to wait and see. You'd like to think Stoke would've binned him by now if he was utter mince but then Sammut is still hanging about at Chelsea.

Guest Ecosse83
1 minute ago, tirso said:

He came up for a few days training before Christmas so the manager has seen him in the flesh. Just need to trust the managers judgement on this one. 

1 hour ago, lanky_ffc said:

Gets a pass from me solely for that late equaliser at Tannadice in the League Cup 1/4 Final. Outplayed for 120 minutes and stole it on pens. Some night.

A pass from me too, based solely on that night. Farid leaped like a salmon to head in one of the goals and Graham done well under pressure to knock in the equaliser. Cue rabid celebrations from the travelling Bairns on what turned out to be a memorable Cup evening at Tannadice. 

Edited by GunnerBairn

1 minute ago, GunnerBairn said:

A pass from me too, based solely on that night. Farid leaped like a salmon to head in one of the goals and Graham done well under pressure to knock in the equaliser. Cue rabid celebrations from the travelling Bairns on what turned out to be a memorable Cup evening at Tannadice. 

Did he not have a bad inury which fecked his career basically.