The Falkirk FC Thread

1 minute ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Yes I very much doubt the sg gives the grants out to other businesses depending on the standard of their product.  Sorry your food isnt up to much so your getting this much even though you have ten  restaurants and employ hundreds of people whilst the wee cafe down the road where the home made grubs great will be getting 3 times as much even though they only employ two folk and are shut for 3 days a week. 

I also doubt there are many cafes who employ Michelin chefs to serve egg and chips.

4 minutes ago, Mr X said:

But Falkirk should be bailed out because they decided to stay full time with more staff and  costs despite dropping down a division?

AstonishingLittleJellyfish-small.gif

Maybe you can get your fans to stop whinging about it then?

We aren't being bailed out FFS.  As a taxpayer we still have the right to complain about our money being given in such ridiculous amounts to part time organisations with small overheads whilst other industries see businesses going to the wall and people being made redundant.  In no other industry is a business the size of alloa getting a free grant of half a million quid.  The govt also shouldn't be bailing out organisations that haven't bothered their arse budgeting correctly due to the current circumstances. All these clubs were asked whether they could get through to the season and they all said yes. We then hit December and Morton are having to run with no manager as they are skint already. 

Edited by Shadwell Dog

Just now, Mr X said:

Stop fuckin whinging about it then! 

It's wrong though. Why when thousands are losing their jobs and businesses are being shut down left, right and centre should large wedges of cash be made to wee shitey clubs that no one gives a monkeys about just because they are playing at a higher level.

8 minutes ago, Mr X said:

I also doubt there are many cafes who employ Michelin chefs to serve egg and chips.

Id love to see what football players in the Scottish championship your putting at the levels of a Michelin star chef.😂😂. Standards more like sid from only fools and horses.

Sid_in_the_80s.jpg

Edited by Shadwell Dog

2 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

We aren't being bailed out FFS.  As a taxpayer we still have the right to complain about our money being given in such ridiculous amounts to part time organisations with small overheads whilst other industries see businesses going to the wall and people being made redundant.  In no other industry is a business the size of alloa getting a free grant of half a million quid.  The govt also shouldn't be bailing out organisations that haven't bothered their arse budgeting correctly due to the current circumstances. All these clubs were asked whether they could get through to the season and they all said yes. We then hit December and Morton are having to run with no manager as they are skint already. 

Thats a valid argument, not one that I necessarily agree with though, but I can see your point. Unfortunately, its not the one the rest of your fans are making ...

1 minute ago, Harry Kinnear said:

It's wrong though. Why when thousands are losing their jobs and businesses are being shut down left, right and centre should large wedges of cash be made to wee shitey clubs that no one gives a monkeys about just because they are playing at a higher level.

200.gif

2 minutes ago, badgerthewitness said:

Stunned at the  southern fermer, and George Galloway fanboy, taking the moral high ground here.

IMG_5355.jpg

4 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Id love to see what football players in the Scottish championship your putting at the levels of a Michelin star chef.😂😂. Standards more like sid the  from only fools and horses.

Sid_in_the_80s.jpg

A slight exaggeration to make a point.

Of course Stephen Dobbie does still play in the Championship ... remember him?

1 minute ago, Mr X said:

A slight exaggeration to make a point.

Of course Stephen Dobbie does still play in the Championship ... remember him?

Aye but even he's on his last legs these days.  Was a Michelin star player a few seasons back but more little chef now unfortunately.

3 minutes ago, Marshmallo said:

As are Falkirk, so your drivel about us running a full time squad is complete nonsense.

I assumed from the amount of complaints from Falkirk fans that the club needed the extra money.

I never for a second realised that the complaints would be purely down to a sense of entitlement at levels old firm fans would cringe at.

ETA - from some fans, I should point out. Its nice to see there are still some reasonable Falkirk fans out there. 

Edited by Mr X

Just now, Mr X said:

I assumed from the amount of complaints from Falkirk fans that the club needed the extra money.

I never for a second realised that the complaints would be purely down to a sense of entitlement at levels old firm fans would cringe at.

Entitlement would be thinking you're entitled to additional emergency taxpayer funding during a global pandemic solely down to the league you play in.

Just now, Mr X said:

I think the issue is very much why covid grants are being given out as if they are prize money which surely should never have been the case.  Every club was asked to provide info regarding running costs etc but it would appear that this has then just been ignored so you wonder why this info was ever asked for in the first place. 

Just now, Marshmallo said:

Entitlement would be thinking you're entitled to additional emergency taxpayer funding during a global pandemic solely down to the league you play in.

It would, which Im pretty sure no clubs or fans have. 

Entitlement is also thinking you're entitled to more money than other clubs because they're "wee shitey clubs that no one gives a monkeys about"

Just now, Mr X said:

It would, which Im pretty sure no clubs or fans have. 

Entitlement is also thinking you're entitled to more money than other clubs because they're "wee shitey clubs that no one gives a monkeys about"

"Clubs" are also "businesses" who had to submit individual projections to the governing bodies. Businesses would be allocated funding based on hard numbers, not a blanket handout conducted arbitrarily.

Falkirk and Thistle, for example, wouldn't suggest they should be given a more equitable share because of "wee shitey clubs that no one gives a monkeys about" because that would be ludicrous.

There is no reason that a business the size of Hearts should be given the same financial support as a business the size of Alloa Athletic. It's financial support to keep businesses going and to prevent layoffs, it's not a Christmas gift or prize money.

1 minute ago, Shadwell Dog said:

I think the issue is very much why covid grants are being given out as if they are prize money which surely should never have been the case.  Every club was asked to provide info regarding running costs etc but it would appear that this has then just been ignored so you wonder why this info was ever asked for in the first place. 

This is exactly right. I would wager the likes of Hearts, Dundee and the Pars have higher running costs than the likes of Hamilton,Livingston, Ross County but they will get substantially less. It should never be about league position . Clubs have put in requested information and Doncaster and Co. have said "f**k it" we will just take the easiest option.